HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 Redskins Thread Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2011, 02:09 PM
Capitlols

vCash: 500
Vick's year last year was such a fluke.

Old
10-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Capitlols

Eagles

Old
10-09-2011, 04:20 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
The Eagles lose and it looks like the Giants will as well. Been a fabulous bye week so far.

Add to the fact the Phillies lost, I might be listening to some Philly Sports Talk Radio this week. Should be hilarious.

Old
10-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Francesa

Every team in the NFC East is afflicted with horrible choke-job syndrome but the Redskins.

Giants D is vulnerable and just lost to Seahawks
Cowboys have self-destructed twice this season
Eagles are generally a bad club and have their share of self-destructions

Redskins did lose a game but it was off a Hall penalty, and they didn't blow a double digit lead. Other than that game, Redskins have won the games they are supposed to win. All alone in first.

Old
10-09-2011, 04:41 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

4:39pm I heard the first call for Andy Reid to get fired. WIP opened the phone lines to callers and the that was the 2nd call. "Putrid" was also used in that phone call. Join in on the fun:

http://player.radio.com/player/Radio...495&station=60

Old
10-09-2011, 05:54 PM
TheFountainhead
Red Nation

The Eagles are a hugely flawed team obviously. I called a lot of their issues out before the season, but even I didn't expect those problems to manifest themselves to this degree. But.....me likey.

Old
10-09-2011, 06:56 PM
EroCaps

and the annual shock w/regards to how silly pre-season rankings are begins anew....

Last edited by EroCaps: 10-09-2011 at 07:04 PM.
Old
10-09-2011, 07:25 PM
TRASHCAT

Tim Tebow era has begun.

Old
10-09-2011, 07:58 PM
TheFountainhead
Red Nation

@Ero: I'm not sure if you're referring to me in your post, but I said very directly that I wouldn't be shocked if the Eagles missed the playoffs given their myriad issues at certain key spots BEFORE the season started. I didn't expect them to look like such an abject disaster admittedly, but I viewed them as a flawed club from the beginning.

Old
10-09-2011, 08:38 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRASHCAT View Post
Tim Tebow era has begun.
i would not jump to that conclusion. he would prove too many people wrong. at somepoint a team that wants that guy will get somewhere with him. the longer he is in the league the more he reminds me of a oversized doug flutie where actually getting results isnt good enough.

Old
10-09-2011, 08:54 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

I watched Tebow try a comeback today and he made some nice throws. Also, his scrambling to stay alive on that last play was impressive. Orton isn't the long term answer at QB for the Broncos. They have nothing to lose trying out Tebow. Might as well see what the kid can do.

Old
10-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

I'm gone for like, two days, and they make ixcuincle a moderator?? What chicanery is this!?

I think it's hilarious that the Eagles can put up nearly 500 yards and lose.

10-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
4:39pm I heard the first call for Andy Reid to get fired. WIP opened the phone lines to callers and the that was the 2nd call. "Putrid" was also used in that phone call. Join in on the fun:

http://player.radio.com/player/Radio...495&station=60
My family is all Eagles fans. I make it a point to watch at least one Eagles game with them a year. It's amazingly fun.

Me: Vick ran for a first down! That's gotta make you happy!

Uncle: Yeah, he wouldn't have had to run if that bum ******* hadn't missed his block.

Me: Look! A touchdown!

Dad: They got lucky. Horrible playcall by that fat hack and his staff of hooligans.

Old
10-09-2011, 09:05 PM
TRASHCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
i would not jump to that conclusion. he would prove too many people wrong. at somepoint a team that wants that guy will get somewhere with him. the longer he is in the league the more he reminds me of a oversized doug flutie where actually getting results isnt good enough.
Tim Tebow's leash here is of infinite length. Media kisses his ass for whatever he does. I cant go out in public without seeing #15 jersey. The cult here is strong. Denver wont stand for a Tebow trade.

I seriously doubt his skills but he sparked a rally down 13 tonight and nearly won the game.

Old
10-10-2011, 02:23 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1520
Shanahans backup plan at RB is looking good right now. I will be eating crow on Torain getting cut at some point this year as I add him to my fantasy team. Jeez he looks like a man among boys once he crosses the LOS. He Helu and TNT carry roughly the same weight but it sure doesn't look like it on the field.

I think the Train should be renumbered 46.

Nice call FH on the Eagles having struggles this year. I cant believe they converted an OL coach to run their defense. I suspect they will bounce back though.

I wonder if Tebow will start a megachurch in Denver if his career tanks. They used a 1st on him, might as well let him do his thing and try and save the city.

Last edited by RandyHolt: 10-10-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old
10-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFountainhead View Post
The Eagles are a hugely flawed team obviously. I called a lot of their issues out before the season, but even I didn't expect those problems to manifest themselves to this degree. But.....me likey.

Just as it was for the Cowboys game, next weeks Redskins/Eagles tilt is HUGE. Skins win, 4-1, in solid lead of a "takable" division. Eagles would be 1-5, and short of running the table, out of it. They'd be done, as even an 8-2 run to the finish would make for 9-7, and probably out.

Eagles win? Well, 2-4 isn't death when every other team has at least 2 losses in the division, and with lots of home games left for Philly.

Heck, this is IT for the Eagles this weekend. Their "playoffs" starts on Sunday in DC.

And just like a few weeks ago, when a Skins win over a fumbling Dallas squad would have meant everything.....I see a Redskins implosion.

Philly wins a squeeker at the wire, with Grossman turning it over to create the loss.

More of the same.

Old
10-10-2011, 06:52 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

This weeks game is another test for the Skins and their rebuild. They are in 1st in the division playing a divisonal opponent who is desperate and on the ropes. On top of that, the Skins are coming out of a bye week. They should be fresh and well prepared for the Eagles.

The Skins need to come out of the gate Sunday and put the stones to the Eagles for a full 60 minutes. Pound it on the ground, and pound Vick into the turf. There are no excuses the Skins could give if they cannot put the Eagles away. We shall see though.

On a side note, the WP Skins insider has reaction from Shanahan and Hall about the death of Al Davis. Shanahan gave a nice, measured, response, but at the end a snipit from an old NY Times article tells a different story:

“It was 1994 and Shanahan and Grbac were both with the San Francisco 49ers. Shanahan, the offensive coordinator, was working with Grbac before a game against Oakland. Shanahan had spent just over one season as coach of the Raiders before being dismissed by the owner, Al Davis. The breakup was bitter, and the two men despised each other, mainly because of a dispute over back pay.

Davis, as he does before almost every game, was walking the field, talking to players and others. Shanahan pulled Grbac aside, Grbac recalled, and gave an unusual order: ‘’See Al Davis over there? I want you to throw the ball right at him.’’

A shocked Grbac replied: ‘’I can’t do that. If I hit him, do you know what he could do to me?’’

Shanahan looked at Grbac with his intense glare and said, ‘’Throw the ball.’’

So Grbac did. He threw a tight, hard spiral some 30 yards directly at the head of Davis. At the last second, Davis saw it and ducked, the ball missing him by only a few inches. Davis, his hair ruffled, then made an obscene gesture at Shanahan, witnessed by a former Raiders coach who confirmed Grbac’s story.”

RIP Al Davis, but Shanahan ordering Grbac to nail Davis in the head with a ball, and Davis's response is hilarious.

Old
10-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Reid taking the D to school.

Grossman is Grossman.

Old
10-16-2011, 01:47 PM
Blades of steel
log off.

vCash: 1000
Meh. There it is..

Old
10-16-2011, 01:55 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

This is what we all expected, I think...just four games late.

10-16-2011, 01:58 PM
Langway
Intangibles

EBJunkies: I'm told Chris shattered his left index finger. Out. Phone is slow. Not sure if that is out

Good job, Rex.

LT & LG out. Going to be a long one.

Old
10-16-2011, 02:03 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

We all knew this team had no depth.

Old
10-16-2011, 02:04 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

And the rout is on....wish I could say i was surprised.

Old
10-16-2011, 02:06 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
We all knew this team had no depth.
Called it all year long....there was no way they were staying healthy.

Old
10-16-2011, 02:10 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Here's where we test Ero's contention that Shanny is an uber coach. The greats make adjustments at halftime and rally the troops. Time to see if Shanny can make em respond to adversity.

Grossman playing himself to the bench....pathetic.

Last edited by CapitalsCupFantasy: 10-16-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Closed Thread