Closed Thread

Old
08-24-2004, 10:23 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Interview w/Dustin Boyd

It's been available for a few days and I was surprised no comments are being made about it. It's a terrific interview with a player I really liked watching last year. I think the Flames did well drafting this guy, he's a real spark plug.

Good job

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

Old
08-24-2004, 11:11 AM
Badger Bob

He could very well turn out to be a diamond in the rough, but it seems a little premature to have him and Prust already slotted into the top-10 ranked prospects. Chucko could also turn into a dandy, but #2 so soon?

Old
08-24-2004, 11:15 AM
Flames Draft Watcher

Thanks Guy

Old
08-24-2004, 11:17 AM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Bob
He could very well turn out to be a diamond in the rough, but it seems a little premature to have him and Prust already slotted into the top-10 ranked prospects. Chucko could also turn into a dandy, but #2 so soon?
I don't have a problem with it. It should be a list reflecting upside IMO. Personally I'd have Chucko 2nd as well, I think he has more of an offensive upside than Nystrom does from watching them in the rookie camp. Boyd reminds me a lot of Matt Lombardi because of his size and skating but probably is a bit grittier but perhaps slightly less purely skilled. He probably is one of our top 10 highest upside players as well.

Old
09-04-2004, 03:49 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Bob
I'm not of the mould to really rely heavily on when a prospect will make the jump to professional hockey. I do not put a lot of weight into that, when ranking players.

Simply put, a players potential-worth shouldn't be affected by how quickly he will get there, in my mind. I mean, I try to rank based on absolute potential, without giving 'favours' to those that might be there next season. There becomes a significant amount of hype around a player who is close to making the NHL, or has, simply because an increase in exposure occurs. I try to stear clear of that.

Closed Thread