HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers assign 4 players to OKC, Brule on waivers

Old
10-03-2011, 02:07 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
1.8 is a lot to commit to a player. I doubt he gets claimed. I'd be happy for him if he does though.

So that leaves:

LW:
Smyth
Hall
Paajarvi
Eager

RW:
Hemsky
Eberle
Omark
Jones
Hordichuk

Center:
Horcoff
Belanger
RNH
Lander
Petrell (also LW?)
Gagner = injured

As our forwards to start the year?
Oh really these were the final cuts? I didn't even watch preseason this year. Who's this Petrell guy?

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 02:08 AM
Ogopogo*

So glad to see Brule get his ass shipped out of here. He sucks in a big way.

Nice to see RNH and Lander make the team.

Ogopogo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:17 AM
McClelland

vCash: 50
Could both Lander and Rnh stay up? Im strongly think that Gagner are going away in a deal for a upgrade/nhl caliber on D! I like Gags but cant see him at a 2-line c 3-4 years from now, so its a natural move but its a big risk for a overpayment when every team knows our D situation.

McClelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 07:02 AM
hemskysuncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
So Lander and Petrell over Brule and Hartikainen, is basically what this boils down to.

Can't say I disagree. Brule made boner play after boner play while Lander kept upping his game all preseason. Petrell is a guy who's further along in his development than Harti, is an easier fit for the 4th line and PK unit, and can sit in the pressbox without it affecting his 'development'. Hartikainen should be playing ALL roles in OKC for the time being and be called up to fill 2nd-3rd line roles if/when players get injured.

Once Gagner's back, I fully expect the Oilers to send Lander down for a bit to OKC, so he can play all roles like Hartikainen is right now, and re-call Brule because nobody cares if he sits in the pressbox once all of their centres are healthy.

Though if this is a bonding trip to Jasper, I'd have brought along Brule and Hartikainen as well, because chances are they'll be playing significant amounts with the Oil this year as well.
This exactly.

Petrell over Harti for sure at this point. Oilers sucked at PK the last few years and need real help with that. he is old enough to sit, as mentioned, and gives complementary skills to the lineup.

To a certain degree I can see Brule going to Europe for a year if nothing pans out this year. he needs to get his game back and more than a few have been able to do that with a 250 day stint on the old continent. For this reason, I think the Oilers will watch him but will not expect much from him except the standard callups when needed (and the possible loss of him in re-entry waivers).

hemskysuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 08:35 AM
hemskysuncle

The lineup will most certainly be:

Hall Horcoff Eberle
Smyth RNH Hemsky
PRV Belanger Jones
Petrell/Hords Lander Omark

Once Gagner comes back, it is a choice between RNH and Lander. if he comes back quickly, it won't be enough to give RNH a good look and make an informed decision. So i think they will take their time with Gags

hemskysuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 08:38 AM
Mr Sakich

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatgazoo View Post
Tambo said last night that he wanted to take players to Jasper for team bonding who will be among their 1st call-ups from OKC once the season begins (ie. Lander).
maybe the team bonding is an old fashioned schoolyard brawl with the Flames. They are in Banff this week as well. They will undoubtably cross paths.

Mr Sakich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 08:44 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 98
I hope that a guy like Brule or O'Marra can be dealt to another team for one of their castaways.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 08:46 AM
McClelland

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskysuncle View Post
The lineup will most certainly be:

Hall Horcoff Eberle
Smyth RNH Hemsky
PRV Belanger Jones
Petrell/Hords Lander Omark
Once Gagner comes back, it is a choice between RNH and Lander. if he comes back quickly, it won't be enough to give RNH a good look and make an informed decision. So i think they will take their time with Gags
This! Are you really sure on that that??? little omie in the big bodyline

McClelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 08:48 AM
Halibut

I doubt anyone claims Brule off waivers, he's looked pretty much washed up since last december and being in and out of the lineup constantly didnt help. Then again somebody took Ethan Moreau off waivers so anything is possible.

Halibut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 09:00 AM
Philly85
Moody'

Like the lines but the team still looks soft as hell. It'll be nice to get Eager back, and in the coming years it will be even better when Harti is added to the fold.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 09:08 AM
CornKicker
Locked Out

i do like how lander and RNH outplayed brule and were rewarded, i feel the oilers kept the best centres. it also shows the bottom 6 forwards that going forward they have to earn their spots.

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 09:08 AM
CornKicker
Locked Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
I doubt anyone claims Brule off waivers, he's looked pretty much washed up since last december and being in and out of the lineup constantly didnt help. Then again somebody took Ethan Moreau off waivers so anything is possible.
lol but that was columbus and they already had teh brule mistake

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 09:25 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Tikhonov's on waivers, I'd take the risk on claiming him and waiving Petrell.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 09:31 AM
zeus3007*

Gotta feel bad for Brule. Injuries have derailed his career basically since he was drafted. I think it really stunted his development as a player. I also think he would have been a top six guy had injuries not screwed him around. If's and but's I suppose. He sure isn't as good as some other options we have this year.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 09:58 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Tikhonov brings nothing that this team needs.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 10:17 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

I doubt Brule gets picked up but it would not surprise me if someone did take a flyer on him and he had a nice season like Wellwood or Morisson.

If someone did take a flyer my money would be on Florida unless they are opposed to taking on more money.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.

I posted this on the opening night lineup thread, but it is probably more suitable in this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Here's a question that I'm not sure where to post it, so I'll try to frame it for this particulat thread.

Considering all the players that have been sent to OKC so far, who is in THEIR starting lineup? And where the heck do all the other players end up? There seems to be allot of people on the farm at the moment. Seems a bit "overstocked" to me.

Anyone?

Dorian2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 10:21 AM
pancirios

McKenzie recommends Lashoff for a waiver pickup, anyone know anything about him?

pancirios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Thats a better question for the OKC barons thread, I think they still have a bunch of players down there on a tryout

Not much on Lashoff, LHD who only played 11 games last year but the Leafs are logjammed at D.
Looks like a decently sized stay at home D man, realistically he's probably another #5/6.

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
I posted this on the opening night lineup thread, but it is probably more suitable in this one.
As for opening night line-ups for OKC, you should follow the Barons thread stickied at the top. Probably be more decided when they get to the end of their camp. As for the excess glut of players there they get sent to the ECHL which is pretty much the Barons farm team. I'd expect guys like Motin and maybe Cornet to get sent there, although Cornet played all last year on the Barons but I think they are a much better team.

Then there is still a guy like Tulipov who doesn't have a contract and could be let go.

Old
10-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancirios View Post
McKenzie recommends Lashoff for a waiver pickup, anyone know anything about him?
Yeah he said for a team looking for a number 6 or 7 d-man. The Oilers have 5 number 6 or 7 d-men on their team right now. They definitely don't have a use for him.

Old
10-03-2011, 10:29 AM
CupofOil

Quote:
Huh? Why in the world would the Oilers do that?

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Huh? Why in the world would the Oilers do that?
There's always going to be that one poster for every player that is put on waivers and says that we should take so and so.

Their defense to it will be well Peverly seemed to work out for Atlanta and Jones looks pretty good for the Oilers too.

It's one of those things that's just going to happen and thus probably better left well enough alone.

Old
10-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Stiffler's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAF View Post
Green, Keller, Harti, and O'Marra going back to the farm.

I'd be surprised if Brule clears. I think someone might take a chance on him. No?
Good luck to Gilbert Brule. Hopefully he lands somewhere on an NHL team. I think someone should take a chance on him. He's worth it.

Stiffler's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 10:40 AM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
I hope you're kidding. The Oilers have enough forwards with his kind of upside if not better. He brings nothing in a bottom 6 role whatsoever and was said to have had a terrible training camp along with disagreements vis-a-vis the coaching staff and management regarding his role on the team. Pass.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote