HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dreger via TSN - LEAFS LOOK TO UPGRADE

Old
10-03-2011, 01:10 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Dreger should stop calling himself a "Hockey Insider" and instead call himself a "Leaf Peeper". All he does is talk about the Leafs.

"Toronto is keenly interested in adding another top forward." - No duh! What team isn't looking to add a top6 if the opportunity comes along Sherlock? That's a pretty short list huh?! This guy has made a living selling BS to the largest hockey market in the world starving for information and calling himself an insider. Bobby Mac should punch him in the face for being a poser.

vipernsx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 01:11 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
Lupul Connolly Kessel
MacArthur Grabs Kulemin

To me, the top-6 is set.

The thing about bring in a big body is that unless he is a legit top line guy, it won't be worth it to get him into the lineup.

The Kulemin line is fine. It's the Kessel line that could use some size. But size with skill and upside. And those players are generally unavailable.

Ryan Malone comes to mind, definitely. He has a bit of short-term upside. TB will need the cap space eventually. But his salary is a bit much.

Shane Doan might be available, but probably closer to the deadline. He might stay in Phx as he loves living there.

David Clarkson, perhaps?

Glencross or Bourque?

Penner.

And Sean Avery. lol

Anyone 'promoted' puts Lupul back into the bottom-6. So much for an opportunity after being ousted in Anaheim.
In the end, they'll probably end up just playing Colby Armstrong more minutes.
Scott Hartnell is willing to put his face on the line defending Briere, he's a guy I'd like inserted into our lineup. Only problem is he takes dumb penalties a la Komisarek-style.

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 01:11 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 157
yeah, "this just in, hockey teams would rather not suck...more to come"

BoldNewLettuce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Ketzlaf

Ketzlaf via HFBOARDS - HUNGRY PEOPLE WANT FOOD.

Ketzlaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 01:16 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsrule123 View Post
Subban blows
Yeah that's why he'd already be a first pairing d-man on your stacked leafs D squad bro. But okay

You've officially become the 2nd biggest homer of the leafs. We all know who the #1 is, he's been posting in this thread see if you can guess who that is

I love having a born winner like Subban via the draft while the Leafs traded for an overpaid Phaneuf who can't lead a team for his life #Winning

Spoil:
For the slow folks out there it's sparxx87

If this thread isn't enough to convince you already just take a stroll into some other leafs threads

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
That's exactly what I'm insinuating.

Who's we? I don't represent the fan base, nor do you. We're two individuals and I wouldn't hold you accountable for something someone else said. I'd expect the same courtesy.

Turnover yes, Burke took the team in complete shambles. JFJ and the whole boardroom approach hadn't worked despite repeated efforts and it was time for a change...

Burke made significant upgrades in every area possible and te team is finally in a position to contend for a playoff spot... Realistically its the first time since the lockout... So yes, they were in need of some 'major upgrades' and they've made them....

I'm not suggesting Burke's work is done by any stretch of the imagination... But saying the team is still in need of 'major upgrades' shows your dislike for the Leafs is much stronger then your ability to think logically and objectively.
I assure you, I and many others were making fun of the Leafs long before the Bruins won the cup. The two are not related.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:50 PM
Seth Rollins
Mr Money In The Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan Fox View Post
Sounds like the ol' bleu, blanc et vert with envy.
Of the Leafs? EL OH EL.

Seth Rollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:56 PM
BrannigansLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
What? Are you insinuating I'm only posting critically of the Leafs because Boston won the cup last year? History dictates that's not the case at all. We all talk about this every year, Toronto is always "rumored" to be after the biggest names out there through trade, or the big UFA's are just about ready to sign in TO, etc... It's so cliche now Toronto rumors are rarely taken seriously. That has nothing to do with Boston winning the cup.

Again, Toronto looking for major upgrades isn't a big shocker. They need it, as they have for quite some time now. To be expected when you haven't made the playoffs since the lockout... no?

If you think Benoit Pouliot is an upgrade over Mark Recchi you're wrong. If you think Joe Corvo is an upgrade over Kaberle I'd again disagree. Neither are upgrades, Corvo is simply more cost effective.

The Leafs go through more turnover then a call center.
We obviously need major upgrades if we want to be contenders but the reason the Leafs haven't been able to make the playoffs since the lockout is because of disgustingly bad goaltending.

Belfour--> excusable because of his age
Crapcroft
Toskalol
Giguere/Gustavsson

Yes, the rest of our rosters weren't much to begin with but godawful goaltending destroyed any playoff hopes for seven years now.

BrannigansLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 04:04 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic View Post
Bozak and Gunnarsson.
You forgot to add the 2nd.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Puckgenius*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infamous Tank View Post
Leafs want good players
Leafs have good players they just dont have any great players.

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 05:07 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze23 View Post
Of the Leafs? EL OH EL.
I am also curious what the Habs envy about the leafs. Is it their great recent 1st round picks? Or maybe their recent deep runs in the playoffs? Oh wait it must be their rich history and tradition of winning!

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar

Scott Glennie and Rich Peverley and Turkey Girl and the Michelin Man.

Schenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 05:16 PM
SlimShady

To Vancouer: Komisarek, Bozak, Lupul

To Toronto: D. Sedin, H. Sedin

E(3242)

SlimShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 05:23 PM
Marco Esquandolas
Registered Abuser

vCash: 1170
Over/under on how long it's going to take for deliberately-stupid trade proposals to finally become passé on HFBoards, anyone?

Marco Esquandolas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 05:33 PM
HockeyFanSince86
The Team People Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinWasAdopted View Post
Over/under on how long it's going to take for deliberately-stupid trade proposals to finally become passé on HFBoards, anyone?
That hasn't already happened ?

HockeyFanSince86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 05:43 PM
WWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Their big season off-season acquisition couldn't even stay healthy for the pre-season.

They should claim a guy like Brule for the 3rd line and move Lombardi up to the top line between Kessel and Lupul.

When both are healthy, I'd take Lombardi over Connolly ten times over.
Me too...I can't believe that Burke signed Connolly. It was bad enough he didn't step up and land one of the Richards' or Carter or even try to squeeze Stamkos out of Tampa via offer sheet, but to sign Connolly for two years to boot. IMO this was a real bad offseason for the Leafs. If not for the Franson/Lombardi trade Burkes offseason moves could made the Leafs worse not better. Even Liles for a second round pick is going to come back to haunt them in what is supposed to be a deep draft this year. I just don't understand what direction Burke is trying to take this team. If the Leafs are real bad again I could deal with it if they went with the young guys, but bringing in Liles and Connolly just eats up cap space and wasted a 2nd round draft pick as these two don't make the Leafs any better. With Connolly the Leafs still need a 1st line center but have close 5 million less in cap space should one become available again.

WWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 05:45 PM
WWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrannigansLaw View Post
We obviously need major upgrades if we want to be contenders but the reason the Leafs haven't been able to make the playoffs since the lockout is because of disgustingly bad goaltending.

Belfour--> excusable because of his age
Crapcroft
Toskalol

Giguere/Gustavsson

Yes, the rest of our rosters weren't much to begin with but godawful goaltending destroyed any playoff hopes for seven years now.
I liked to call them Raycrap and Toskacrap

WWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:04 PM
EternallyLeafs
doris

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Yeah that's why he'd already be a first pairing d-man on your stacked leafs D squad bro. But okay

You've officially become the 2nd biggest homer of the leafs. We all know who the #1 is, he's been posting in this thread see if you can guess who that is

I love having a born winner like Subban via the draft while the Leafs traded for an overpaid Phaneuf who can't lead a team for his life #Winning

Spoil:

If this thread isn't enough to convince you already just take a stroll into some other leafs threads
lol at how over defensive and ******** you are.

EternallyLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:10 PM
DaveT83*

I thought I saw Dregger dressed in drag a couple weeks ago on Sherbourne. I threw a loonie at him/it.
I'm 20-25% positive it was him.

DaveT83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:30 PM
TML4eva*

Quote:

Spoil:

Subban would not be on the leafs first pairing. It would be Gunarsson-Phaneuf.

TML4eva* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:33 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

vCash: 50
Quote:

Spoil:

Wow

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:41 PM
mytor4*

Quote:

Spoil:

This is the truth.
P.K would easily be on the Leafs 1st line pairing. Actually P.K would be the Leafs #1 d-man period.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:58 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Leafs have good players they just dont have any great players.
I'd like to think so, even though HF is trying to brainwash me into believing otherwise

Old
10-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Leafs fans are so lucky. I feel sorry for all those other organizations that aren't looking to upgrade.

Captain Hook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 07:05 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

I think PK Subban and Dion Phaneuf are similiar players only one has regressed back to earth and the other has a promising future and put it in beast mode