HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#56| New York Rangers @ New York Islanders | February 16th | 7:00 PM | F/W 4-2

Old
02-16-2017, 02:10 AM
Killerlnstinct
Infector Of Souls

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Killerlnstinct
#56| New York Rangers @ New York Islanders | February 16th | 7:00 PM | F/W 4-2

Preview

All time series record:
All time series record: The Rangers lead the series 144-136-19 with the Islanders having a 3.2 GFPGA while the Rangers are averaging 3.3 GFPGA. Islanders all time at home VS the Rangers are 78-63-8 with a 3.5 GFPGA. The Rangers are averaging 3.1 GFPGA at the Islanders.

1st meeting results: http://www.espn.com/nhl/recap/_/gameId/400884402
Video:

2nd meeting results: http://www.espn.com/nhl/recap/_/gameId/400884780
Video:

NEW YORK -- The New York Rangers are consistently accumulating road wins. The New York Islanders are piling up points at home in recent weeks.

Those forces converge Thursday night at Barclays Center when the Rangers visit the Islanders.

The Rangers lead the league with 19 road wins and have won 19 of their first 26 road games for the first time in franchise history.

The Rangers are outscoring foes 21-12 during a season-high six-game winning streak and are 9-2 in their last 11 games. The winning streak has featured one-goal road wins in Buffalo and Columbus around four home victories against Western Conference opponents.

"I think we have to keep going here," Rangers defenseman Dan Girardi said. "We're doing a lot of good things each game and playing really good defensively and keeping our scoring chances down. Obviously it's resulting in wins. I think we have to do that every night and ride the wave."

The latest win occurred Monday when rookie Jimmy Vesey scored the go-ahead goal in the third period of a 3-2 victory at Columbus. Girardi and Kevin Hayes also scored as the Rangers improved to 15-7-1 in one-goal games, scored at least three goals for the fifth straight game and 37th time overall this season and improved to 8-1-0 in their last nine road contests.

"We did what we have to do here," Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said. "We found a way to win, and we had a few of their guys maybe not having their top game. And usually that's the sign of a good team when you can win a game when you're not really at your best as far as execution. It's not a bad sign."

Henrik Lundqvist did not play after getting his 400th career victory Saturday against Colorado. Lundqvist is expected to play Thursday and is 30-18-6 in 55 career appearances against the Islanders.

Lundqvist is the 12th goaltender to get 400 wins. His next win will tie Chris Osgood and put him within two of Grant Fuhr.

Lundqvist has a 1.98 goals-against average in his last five games and is 8-1 in his last 10 appearances since allowing seven goals against Dallas on Jan. 17.

Also hot for the Rangers is Hayes, who has 19 points in his last 15 games and 15 goals this season, two shy of his career high.

The Islanders are 7-0-2 at home since Jan. 19, which was Doug Weight's coaching debut after Jack Capuano was fired two days earlier. It is their longest points streak at home since the 2003-04 season when they were 6-0-3, and the Islanders are outscoring teams 34-21 in this run.

Overall, the Islanders are 8-3-2 under Weight and have yet to go consecutive games without getting at least one point in his tenure.

Weight's team will be looking to rebound from an ugly 7-1 loss at Toronto on Tuesday. Two days after a 5-1 home win over Colorado, the Islanders allowed seven goals for the second time this season while also giving up 41 shots on goals.

"As much as it's just one loss and we've got a big game Thursday it's a humbling loss, it's a butt-kicking," Weight said. "They played a playoff game tonight. We played a hard game but we didn't play a playoff game."

Useful links

http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/

http://www.tsn.ca/

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/islanders/

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/islanders/

http://www.nypost.com/sports/islanders/islanders.htm

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday

http://islanders.nhl.com/

Last game highlights.

Killerlnstinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 02:56 AM
NYI JT91
Jesus Greiss

vCash: 50
Kill !

That is all.

NYI JT91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 03:41 AM
Killerlnstinct
Infector Of Souls

I would like to congratulate myself. Just made it 10 years here and just made 10k posts. A win would be great...

Last edited by Killerlnstinct: 02-16-2017 at 03:46 AM.
Old
02-16-2017, 06:55 AM
rikker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerlnstinct View Post
I would like to congratulate myself. Just made it 10 years here and just made 10k posts. A win would be great...

congratulations Killer. you are a valuable part of the team!

rikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 07:46 AM
BTrotts19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerlnstinct View Post

Preview

All time series record:
All time series record: The Rangers lead the series 144-136-19 with the Islanders having a 3.2 GFPGA while the Rangers are averaging 3.3 GFPGA. Islanders all time at home VS the Rangers are 78-63-8 with a 3.5 GFPGA. The Rangers are averaging 3.1 GFPGA at the Islanders.

1st meeting results: http://www.espn.com/nhl/recap/_/gameId/400884402
Video:

2nd meeting results: http://www.espn.com/nhl/recap/_/gameId/400884780
Video:

NEW YORK -- The New York Rangers are consistently accumulating road wins. The New York Islanders are piling up points at home in recent weeks.

Those forces converge Thursday night at Barclays Center when the Rangers visit the Islanders.

The Rangers lead the league with 19 road wins and have won 19 of their first 26 road games for the first time in franchise history.

The Rangers are outscoring foes 21-12 during a season-high six-game winning streak and are 9-2 in their last 11 games. The winning streak has featured one-goal road wins in Buffalo and Columbus around four home victories against Western Conference opponents.

"I think we have to keep going here," Rangers defenseman Dan Girardi said. "We're doing a lot of good things each game and playing really good defensively and keeping our scoring chances down. Obviously it's resulting in wins. I think we have to do that every night and ride the wave."

The latest win occurred Monday when rookie Jimmy Vesey scored the go-ahead goal in the third period of a 3-2 victory at Columbus. Girardi and Kevin Hayes also scored as the Rangers improved to 15-7-1 in one-goal games, scored at least three goals for the fifth straight game and 37th time overall this season and improved to 8-1-0 in their last nine road contests.

"We did what we have to do here," Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said. "We found a way to win, and we had a few of their guys maybe not having their top game. And usually that's the sign of a good team when you can win a game when you're not really at your best as far as execution. It's not a bad sign."

Henrik Lundqvist did not play after getting his 400th career victory Saturday against Colorado. Lundqvist is expected to play Thursday and is 30-18-6 in 55 career appearances against the Islanders.

Lundqvist is the 12th goaltender to get 400 wins. His next win will tie Chris Osgood and put him within two of Grant Fuhr.

Lundqvist has a 1.98 goals-against average in his last five games and is 8-1 in his last 10 appearances since allowing seven goals against Dallas on Jan. 17.

Also hot for the Rangers is Hayes, who has 19 points in his last 15 games and 15 goals this season, two shy of his career high.

The Islanders are 7-0-2 at home since Jan. 19, which was Doug Weight's coaching debut after Jack Capuano was fired two days earlier. It is their longest points streak at home since the 2003-04 season when they were 6-0-3, and the Islanders are outscoring teams 34-21 in this run.

Overall, the Islanders are 8-3-2 under Weight and have yet to go consecutive games without getting at least one point in his tenure.

Weight's team will be looking to rebound from an ugly 7-1 loss at Toronto on Tuesday. Two days after a 5-1 home win over Colorado, the Islanders allowed seven goals for the second time this season while also giving up 41 shots on goals.

"As much as it's just one loss and we've got a big game Thursday it's a humbling loss, it's a butt-kicking," Weight said. "They played a playoff game tonight. We played a hard game but we didn't play a playoff game."

Useful links

http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/

http://www.tsn.ca/

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/islanders/

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/islanders/

http://www.nypost.com/sports/islanders/islanders.htm

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday

http://islanders.nhl.com/

Last game highlights.

Nominate you for player/coach...older experienced but still producing..an example for the next wave of HF posters

BTrotts19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 08:19 AM
Bood12

after the last game I do not have a good feeling about this game

Bood12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 08:20 AM
SI90

On paper they're so much better. Can we call up Halak for this one? Lol

Just win tonight.

SI90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 08:22 AM
IceAce
Strait Trippin'

vCash: 13477
isnt quoting the OP in a GD thread a bannable offense? Or at least we smack your hand with a ruler or something...

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 08:22 AM
2ndGenIslander
Ho Sang Clan

I remember in 2011 Grabner had a great season but quickly got figured out by other defenses and shut his one-trick game down quickly and he sucked after that. I wonder how much longer he has success this time.

Girardi is on their top pairing and Zib/Stepan are their 1C and 2C...lol. Let's shut these clowns down

Last edited by 2ndGenIslander: 02-16-2017 at 08:34 AM.
2ndGenIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 08:53 AM
KnishOfTheCrease
Isles/GoldenKnights

Isles 9
Rags 7

KnishOfTheCrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 08:54 AM
PK Cronin
Bailey Fan Club Prez

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
isnt quoting the OP in a GD thread a bannable offense? Or at least we smack your hand with a ruler or something...
I like the suggestion. We'll begin implementing this ASAP.

PK Cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 09:03 AM
xIsle

Some change I would like to see with the Islanders :

separate Beauvillier with Nelson and Strome. I don't think this is a good line or maybe it's just a matter of time before they can have chemistry? Or maybe it's just that Nelson is not good enough to play the center position? Anyway, I would give a try to Ladd on that line. He seem to wake up and I would give him a more offensive role playing with Nelson and Strome. On the other hand, I thought Beauvillier look good when he was playing with Quine and Chimera.

So I'd go :

Lee - Tavares - Bailey
Ladd - Nelson - Strome
Chimera - Quine - Beauvillier
Kulemin - Cizikas - Clutterbuck
Prince / Gionta

xIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 09:04 AM
crasherino

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndGenIslander View Post
I remember in 2011 Grabner had a great season but quickly got figured out by other defenses and shut his one-trick game down quickly and he sucked after that. I wonder how much longer he has success this time.

Girardi is on their top pairing and Zib/Stepan are their 1C and 2C...lol. Let's shut these clowns down
Hopefully the Rags re-sign him for big bucks and then he sucks again. That would be optimal.

I was always waiting for Grabner to come back out of his exile with all his abilities but I don't think we can say the Islanders didn't give him a chance. Maybe he's finally healthy.

The Rags stepped in **** with Vesey and Grabner. It would be nice if we could find the same gold this off season.

crasherino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 09:24 AM
crasherino

I'm going the Bones route tonight. Have seats in a box my wife got from work. would much rather be in my regular seats but I haven't yet checked out the boxes at BC yet.

Old
02-16-2017, 09:29 AM
MJF
No Sleep Till Elmont

This one ain't gonna be easy. The thing we have trouble with, defending against speed, is something the Rags forwards have plenty of.

I think Knish nailed the score of this game.

MJF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 09:35 AM
crasherino

Mayfield in for Pelech. I guess we are going to go with 5.5 defenseman. I'll be surprised if Mayfield sees much more than 10 minutes of ice time tonight. Rags have some big forwards that Mayfield can line up again, I guess.

Edit to add: this would be a nice place to have Pulock slotted into the lineup. I realize there are roster management issues to navigate but at some point, your blue chip prospect needs to play. There isn't much room for error the remaining part of the season. I think Pulock gives us a better chance to win than Mayfield does.

Clutterbuck and/or Prince could be put on IR to have Pulock with the team. And I doubt Mayfield will be claimed if he gets put on waivers if it comes to that.

Last edited by crasherino: 02-16-2017 at 09:44 AM.
Old
02-16-2017, 09:50 AM
BTrotts19

Quote:
Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
Mayfield in for Pelech. I guess we are going to go with 5.5 defenseman. I'll be surprised if Mayfield sees much more than 10 minutes of ice time tonight. Rags have some big forwards that Mayfield can line up again, I guess.

Edit to add: this would be a nice place to have Pulock slotted into the lineup. I realize there are roster management issues to navigate but at some point, your blue chip prospect needs to play. There isn't much room for error the remaining part of the season. I think Pulock gives us a better chance to win than Mayfield does.

Clutterbuck and/or Prince could be put on IR to have Pulock with the team. And I doubt Mayfield will be claimed if he gets put on waivers if it comes to that.
I am probably a bigger fan of Mayfield than most on here, but you're right, get your blue chip up here, has nothing left to work on in the A and when your PP is dog **** (although slightly better lately) and that is his specialty, you do what you have to even if that means sacrificing Mayfield. I really wish Hickey was the one being sat down---has been absolutely trash since he came back from injury and whether its a coincidence or not, the D corp was playing pretty well up until he got back into the lineup.

BTrotts19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 09:54 AM
Killerlnstinct
Infector Of Souls

Quote:
mayfield in for pelech. I guess we are going to go with 5.5 defenseman. I'll be surprised if mayfield sees much more than 10 minutes of ice time tonight. Rags have some big forwards that mayfield can line up again, i guess.

Edit to add: This would be a nice place to have pulock slotted into the lineup. I realize there are roster management issues to navigate but at some point, your blue chip prospect needs to play. There isn't much room for error the remaining part of the season. I think pulock gives us a better chance to win than mayfield does.

Clutterbuck and/or prince could be put on ir to have pulock with the team. And i doubt mayfield will be claimed if he gets put on waivers if it comes to that.

Old
02-16-2017, 09:56 AM
IceAce
Strait Trippin'

vCash: 13477

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 09:57 AM
DerekKingSnipes

Quote:

They dont want Pulock being the extra D right now, he needs to play and right now there isnt spot. Pelech has struggled lately so it makes sense he is out tonight and Mayfield has played well enough to earn another chance. Hickey also has struggled and perhaps a physical partner like Mayfield and then eventually Hamonic helps him because as much as people hate on him he is better than he has played lately. Pulock will be on this team next year, there will be 2 and possibly 3 spots open i bet with at least one of Dehann/Hickey gone and Seidenberg.

DerekKingSnipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 10:14 AM
crasherino

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekKingSnipes View Post
They dont want Pulock being the extra D right now, he needs to play and right now there isnt spot. Pelech has struggled lately so it makes sense he is out tonight and Mayfield has played well enough to earn another chance. Hickey also has struggled and perhaps a physical partner like Mayfield and then eventually Hamonic helps him because as much as people hate on him he is better than he has played lately. Pulock will be on this team next year, there will be 2 and possibly 3 spots open i bet with at least one of Dehann/Hickey gone and Seidenberg.
With Hickey banged up for a few games, Hamonic out and Pelech struggling as well as Pulock being waiver exempt, he could have been up here for a few weeks and got into a steady stream of games - going forward as well. I understand the position that your blue chip prospect needs to play, but at this point in time, he could be playing in the NHL. Besides, nothing magical happens to a prospect once he's called a "blue chip" prospect that prohibits him from sitting occasionally. If he plays some with he big club and then occasionally sits, it's not like his progress will be reset and he'll be starting from scratch.

People said the same thing about Barzal. Seems like he's doing just fine though now. I don't think he missed out on his WHL time in the fall other than missing out on racking up points.

Old
02-16-2017, 10:19 AM
Doshell Propivo

I've heard that this is our Stanley Cup so we must come out like gangbusters.

Last edited by Doshell Propivo: 02-16-2017 at 10:26 AM.
Doshell Propivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 10:34 AM
Mr Misunderstood

The reason I feel good about this game is the why we played last game and the opponent. The Rangers always bring out the best in the Islanders (see Chimera's quote about hating them already) and would rather be playing them after that horrid game than a bottom feeder team.

Let's go Isles!

Mr Misunderstood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 11:00 AM
Kevin27nyi
HoSanity

vCash: 990
Feel good about this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old