HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gudbranson makes Panthers roster, 2011 top pick Huberdeau sent down

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-03-2011, 03:29 PM
  #26
pb1300
#CatsAreComing
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 11,567
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
to be honest, it seems to me the contract situations pretty much was the deciding factor because from what I've read and seen this pre-season Hubs deserved the 9 games more than Guds....nevertheless, I can't complaint, Guds will finally get his NHL games and Markstrom will get a taste as well probably...therefore things are coming along *crossing fingers*
Contract situation wasnt the deciding factor, it was Huberdeau's size. He definitely have the gifts to play in the league now, but he would get punished over the season, and it could do more harm than good. Everyone from Tallon, to Dineen, even Huberdeau, admitted that going back to the minors was the best for him.

On top of that, Gudbranson has a contract already, so unless he stunk it up, he was staying.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:44 PM
  #27
Parise9Crosby87
Registered User
 
Parise9Crosby87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: boca raton florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,553
vCash: 500
i cant see guds not making it

Parise9Crosby87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 04:08 PM
  #28
Laus723
#CatsAreComing
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
“It was a great experience here and I learned a lot with all the veterans,'' Huberdeau said. “I can't be disappointed by going down. I'm going to go have a great year in junior and I'm excited to see the boys.''

A little while after meeting with the front office, Huberdeau sent out a tweet thanking the Panthers. “Thanks for all the support !! Enjoyed my time in south Florida !! I'll be back next year #goodlucktoalltheboys''

Panthers forward Scottie Upshall then replied: “U had a great camp for us and you will be a AllStar in this league soon. Good luck and bring that MemCup back to SaintJohn.''
Quote:
Huberdeau learned first-hand what it takes to play in the physical world of the NHL. Although the Panthers know what they have in Huberdeau as a playmaker, the worry was that he just isn't built for the rigors of an 82 game schedule just yet. “I'm not that big,'' he said. “I would rather be here next year when I'm bigger. I don't have anything to protect me. I don't have big muscles like the other guys.''

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...#ixzz1ZkslffL2

__________________
Future now!

Last edited by Laus723: 10-03-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 04:14 PM
  #29
KittysGotClaws
We See Red
 
KittysGotClaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: N of BB&T
Country: United States
Posts: 2,081
vCash: 500
Love the positive attitudes all around. Can't help but love everything about Upshall's personality.

KittysGotClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 04:21 PM
  #30
sjq
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Saint John, NB
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsfan7 View Post
It does suck that he didn't at least get nine, but at least he gets to go back to St. Johns, in a winning atmosphere, tear up the WJC again, and he'll be back next year about 15 pounds heavier, and with a chip on his shoulder.
Kinda glad I took Guds over him in the Fantasy Draft .
He's actually going back to Saint John. St. John's doesn't have a QMJHL team, they have the Jets AHL farm team.

sjq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 04:46 PM
  #31
Catsfan7
Registered User
 
Catsfan7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Coral Springs, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 694
vCash: 500
Good catch, I couldn't tell the difference.

Catsfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 05:09 PM
  #32
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,719
vCash: 500
Following the tweets, we actually sound like a team. Upshall is awesome.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 05:19 PM
  #33
Egblad
I May Be The Stig
 
Egblad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 9,118
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Awesome quotes. Huby seems like a stand up guy. I was a bit unsure about his personality at first, but development camp, and then through this training camp, this kid seems awesome.

Egblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 05:43 PM
  #34
HabbyGilmore
Best man for the job
 
HabbyGilmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Saint John, NB Canda
Country: Canada
Posts: 218
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HabbyGilmore
lol thank you sjq I was just about to rant about that. I hate when people confuse New Brunswick with Newfoundland.. totally different province and not the same thing at all. Hate it when people call us St. John too instead of Saint John... again not Newfoundland. Its nobodys fault really it's just a pet peeve if you're from here I guess

HabbyGilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:00 PM
  #35
FlaPnthrsPunk
#CatsAreComing
 
FlaPnthrsPunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,054
vCash: 500
I pretty much expected and wanted this to happen. I think Gudbranson will play well in his 9 game tryout and stay with the team all season. Huberdeau will benefit for one season being sent down and get stronger over the year, ready to make the team next October. I love his positive attitude and Upshall's words of encouragement. He's a guy I'm so glad we have in the locker room.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:09 PM
  #36
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 7,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Contract situation wasnt the deciding factor, it was Huberdeau's size. He definitely have the gifts to play in the league now, but he would get punished over the season, and it could do more harm than good. Everyone from Tallon, to Dineen, even Huberdeau, admitted that going back to the minors was the best for him.

On top of that, Gudbranson has a contract already, so unless he stunk it up, he was staying.
I'm talking about giving him the chance of 9 games experience....and your last point about Guds was my point about the contracts, preseason performance bad or not, Guds is the one with the contract thus he gets the 9 games, thus why the contract situation DID play a big role

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:24 PM
  #37
Laus723
#CatsAreComing
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
I'm talking about giving him the chance of 9 games experience....and your last point about Guds was my point about the contracts, preseason performance bad or not, Guds is the one with the contract thus he gets the 9 games, thus why the contract situation DID play a big role
What? They decided not to worry about the complexities of a contract right now since he's being sent back and they've made it clear to him what he needs to work on. He acknowledged it and agrees. They have 2 years to sign him, there's not rush to get something done by tomorrow now.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 07:38 PM
  #38
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 7,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
What? They decided not to worry about the complexities of a contract right now since he's being sent back and they've made it clear to him what he needs to work on. He acknowledged it and agrees. They have 2 years to sign him, there's not rush to get something done by tomorrow now.
right, that's what I'm saying, that the contract situations play an important role

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 07:58 PM
  #39
JP Mick
Two Gallants
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 5,332
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
right, that's what I'm saying, that the contract situations play an important role
The later we sign him, the longer we have him.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 08:05 PM
  #40
Laus723
#CatsAreComing
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
The later we sign him, the longer we have him.
Not really, that only kicks in when he starts playing games in the NHL.

If they thought he was bulked up enough, they would have gotten something done, as Tallon said. But, since they decided to send him down...nothing to worry about.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 08:32 PM
  #41
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 7,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
The later we sign him, the longer we have him.
lols.. but if we would have given him a contract wouldn't he and Guds become FA in the same year?

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 08:36 PM
  #42
Laus723
#CatsAreComing
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
lols.. but if we would have given him a contract wouldn't he and Guds become FA in the same year?
Only if both of them went past 9 games this season.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 08:39 PM
  #43
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 7,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Only if both of them went past 9 games this season.
ohh I see, interesting...well, either way, I'm looking for Guds having a monster season this year

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 06:20 AM
  #44
Bjindaho
Registered User
 
Bjindaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
lols.. but if we would have given him a contract wouldn't he and Guds become FA in the same year?
It`s actually 40 games on the NHL roster

9 games makes him waiver eligible a year sooner, nothing more.

Bjindaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 02:25 PM
  #45
hockeydadinnb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsfan7 View Post
It does suck that he didn't at least get nine, but at least he gets to go back to St. Johns, in a winning atmosphere, tear up the WJC again, and he'll be back next year about 15 pounds heavier, and with a chip on his shoulder.
Kinda glad I took Guds over him in the Fantasy Draft .
CAtsfan what are you saying....first off he is being sent down to Saint John...not St Johns. These are 2 different cities here on Canada's atlantic coast.

Secondly WJC???? Hubby never played for Canada at last year's World Junior Championship ( WJC). I think you are confused with the Memorial Cup.

hockeydadinnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 03:38 PM
  #46
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydadinnb View Post
CAtsfan what are you saying....first off he is being sent down to Saint John...not St Johns. These are 2 different cities here on Canada's atlantic coast.

Secondly WJC???? Hubby never played for Canada at last year's World Junior Championship ( WJC). I think you are confused with the Memorial Cup.
Unless you're reading it (which we obviously are), it really is the 's' that gives it away.

I think it sucks that he's going back. He would've made it nice to be a STH....THiS year.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 09:10 PM
  #47
CatscratchFever
#CatsAreComing
 
CatscratchFever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: O-hi-O
Country: United States
Posts: 3,025
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
Unless you're reading it (which we obviously are), it really is the 's' that gives it away.

I think it sucks that he's going back. He would've made it nice to be a STH....THiS year.
Lucky for you STH buy for 2 years at a time!

CatscratchFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 10:23 PM
  #48
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatscratchFever View Post
Lucky for you STH buy for 2 years at a time!
It's a long time until October...2012.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.