Generic Moderator

vCash: 500
Bulmer made it! Stoked for him.

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 08:50 AM
forthewild

so Bulmer and Clutterbuck on the same line for opening night?

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 09:10 AM
Flat Stanley

Congrats to Nick Johnson for making it to the NHL!

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 10:12 AM
Caior89

Nice to see Bulmer staying, he is playing so good

Caior89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 10:25 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Cullen's not on IR! So this likely means this is the lineup (assuming a Nystrom suspension for the moment):

Seto-Koivu-Heater
Lats-Cullen/Brodz-Butch
Bulmer/Johnson-Cullen/Brodz-Clutter
Gillies-Powe-Bulmer/Johnson

I really want to see a Bulmer-Brodziak-Clutterbuck line out there.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 10:28 AM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Good for Bulmer

Northland Wild Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 10:34 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Bulmer Powe Clutterbuck = ultimate troll line if Clutter starts hitting people again. once his Gaborik is healed up.

he got married over the off season--usually players need a little time to get their game back after that.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 10:44 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
Bulmer Powe Clutterbuck = ultimate troll line if Clutter starts hitting people again. once his Gaborik is healed up.

he got married over the off season--usually players need a little time to get their game back after that.
Butch seems to have not only recovered, but found a whole other level. Let's see how Clutter reacts.

Old
10-01-2011, 11:40 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post

now is the lovey dovey time all roses and sunshine in about a month that will wear off and clutter will go out and take his frustration out on the opposing team, also i expect him to once a month just have a hat trick and about 20 hits

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

No big loss sending down Wellman and Prosser. Neither showed any reason they should be in the NHL.

I wonder if Scandy will stick past the Lundin and Spurgeon injuries. While Schultz, Zanon, and Stoner have been decent, Zidlicky and Falk have been bad.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 12:12 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
No big loss sending down Wellman and Prosser. Neither showed any reason they should be in the NHL.

I wonder if Scandy will stick past the Lundin and Spurgeon injuries. While Schultz, Zanon, and Stoner have been decent, Zidlicky and Falk have been bad.
For all of Russo's talk about Scandella, he's been quite shaky. He had the flagrant giveaway that led to the disallowed goal. He tried to get physical against Hemsky and just bounced off, twice, which led to Hemsky taking the puck around behind the net and a great scoring chance against. In Columbus he botched the clear after the puck took a strange bounce off the boards and Harding just barely got a toe on it for the save. There were a lot of strange passing decisions. He was getting way ahead of himself, and ended up fumbling a dozen passes to him.

He clearly has the talent, but he's also clearly not fully up to speed on the NHL game. While Lundin is out, it's great to have him step in, but the second he comes back, I want to see Spurgeon back on the top pair in Houston.

Old
10-01-2011, 12:46 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

I doubt Bulmer has made the team just yet. I wouldn't be surprised if he's sent back to Kelowna in a week or two. They're just likely rewarding him and giving him the confidence and motivation to get back.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 12:56 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
I doubt Bulmer has made the team just yet. I wouldn't be surprised if he's sent back to Kelowna in a week or two. They're just likely rewarding him and giving him the confidence and motivation to get back.
He's here until Staubitz and/or Kassian come off IR. He'll have a couple real NHL games under his belt at that point, and I don't think that management is going to make a decision on where he goes until they have to.

Old
10-01-2011, 01:37 PM
DW

Pretty easy to see that Bulmer, Almond, and Scandella will be sent down/returned to jrs. when suspensions and and the injured return. Unless we see a trade of one of the knuckle-draggers, I can't believe the Wild would keep two goons and use one as an extra forward. (I don't see Kassian clearing waivers this time around)

Maybe Almond, Wellman become the extra forward ten games into the season. What's the expectations of Johnson?

DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 02:27 PM
grN1g

setoguchi-koivu-heatley
latendresse-brodziak-bochard (brodziak makes space for lats n pmb)
johns-cullen-cbuck (3rd line needs a mix of puck skill, n physicality)
nystrom-powe-bulmer (4th line needs the crash and bangers)
kassian/stauby/gilles

Stoner-Zidlicky (have to have a physical dman to play top lines)
Schultz-Lundin (sound pairing, lundin to make good first passes)
Zanon-Spurgeron (zanon needs to be bottom pairing, to slow)
Falk (to replace anyone not playing good, or for the physical presence)

as i said, zanon is to slow to be playing top mins even strength, when i went to the last 2 games, every game he either got beat cause of his slow feet and got a penalty, or just got dangled out of his skates, watched hemsky do this almost every time. Yeo needs to be aware of this n make sure when players like hemsky or nash are on the ice zanon isn't, they will dangle him n make him look silly, or exploit his slow speed.

zidlicky needs to start making better decisions, he turned the puck over so many times i couldnt even keep up, n u cant pair him with anyone not physical for top lines, they will get out muscled. obviously depending on the team, this can be mixed up.

schults n lundin will be a good pairing, n lundin will get his chance to prove his puck moving skills with a solid d first partner.

the main problem i saw with the powe-brodziak-cbuck line or any mix of check first 3rd line is there is not enough skill. they get it deep n either get beat or stripped of the puck. johnson has some hands n cullen somewhat does n can be sound two way player.

pp line 2 is atrocious with brodziak.. like i was saying, not enough skill or speed from what i saw, imo i needs to be better.

johnson-cullen-latendresse

Lundin-Spurgeron

is what i would like to see.

in all honesty, this team can make playoffs if they correct the mistakes, to be a true contender, we need granlund and a top pairing dman.

Last edited by grN1g: 10-01-2011 at 02:50 PM.
grN1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 03:43 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by grN1g View Post
setoguchi-koivu-heatley
latendresse-brodziak-bochard (brodziak makes space for lats n pmb)
johns-cullen-cbuck (3rd line needs a mix of puck skill, n physicality)
nystrom-powe-bulmer (4th line needs the crash and bangers)
kassian/stauby/gilles

Stoner-Zidlicky (have to have a physical dman to play top lines)
Schultz-Lundin (sound pairing, lundin to make good first passes)
Zanon-Spurgeron (zanon needs to be bottom pairing, to slow)
Falk (to replace anyone not playing good, or for the physical presence)

as i said, zanon is to slow to be playing top mins even strength, when i went to the last 2 games, every game he either got beat cause of his slow feet and got a penalty, or just got dangled out of his skates, watched hemsky do this almost every time. Yeo needs to be aware of this n make sure when players like hemsky or nash are on the ice zanon isn't, they will dangle him n make him look silly, or exploit his slow speed.

zidlicky needs to start making better decisions, he turned the puck over so many times i couldnt even keep up, n u cant pair him with anyone not physical for top lines, they will get out muscled. obviously depending on the team, this can be mixed up.

schults n lundin will be a good pairing, n lundin will get his chance to prove his puck moving skills with a solid d first partner.

the main problem i saw with the powe-brodziak-cbuck line or any mix of check first 3rd line is there is not enough skill. they get it deep n either get beat or stripped of the puck. johnson has some hands n cullen somewhat does n can be sound two way player.

pp line 2 is atrocious with brodziak.. like i was saying, not enough skill or speed from what i saw, imo i needs to be better.

johnson-cullen-latendresse

Lundin-Spurgeron

is what i would like to see.

in all honesty, this team can make playoffs if they correct the mistakes, to be a true contender, we need granlund and a top pairing dman.
If Stoner is put on the top pair, where does Yakupov fit in the lineup next year?

Old
10-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Pajicz

Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
If Stoner is put on the top pair, where does Yakupov fit in the lineup next year?
To the 2nd line with Granlund?

I'd put Schultz to the 1st pair with Zidlicky.

Pajicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 03:55 PM
EkiE

i would like to see heatley-koivu-butch even for 1-5 games i think that would be one hell of a line

EkiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 04:10 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by EkiE View Post
i would like to see heatley-koivu-butch even for 1-5 games i think that would be one hell of a line
I'd rather see Bouchard on a line with Setoguchi. Heatley's a fine playmaker and Latendresse needs a good passer on his line. Neither Cullen nor Brodziak would be able to center a Lats-[blank]-Setoguchi line. Maybe next year we can have Granlund do it though.

Old
10-01-2011, 06:00 PM
TwInS1095

Quote:
I'd rather see Bouchard on a line with Setoguchi. Heatley's a fine playmaker and Latendresse needs a good passer on his line. Neither Cullen nor Brodziak would be able to center a Lats-[blank]-Setoguchi line. Maybe next year we can have Granlund do it though.

I think that Heatley-Koivu-Lats and Bouchard-Center-Setoguchi would be awesome.

I also think Latendresse-Granlund-Setoguchi would be awesome

EDIT-I only read the first sentence of your post. LOL

I guess my post is sorta redundant.

TwInS1095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
A Lundin-Spurgeon pairing would be terrible.

Both aren't physical..

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Oleg Petrov

Spurgeon?

I just picked up Spurgeon in my hockey draft, is he going to see any PP time? If he can produce between 20-30 points, I'll look like a genius. Is that possible?

Oleg Petrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 11:17 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Petrov View Post
I just picked up Spurgeon in my hockey draft, is he going to see any PP time? If he can produce between 20-30 points, I'll look like a genius. Is that possible?
He should be manning the second powerplay unit. As for even strength time, he'll probably be getting south of 10 minutes per game, unless he steps up even more than he did last year. He's our second best offensive defenseman, but that's more a statement on the strength of our d-corp than him.

Old
10-02-2011, 11:28 AM
Oleg Petrov

Quote:
He should be manning the second powerplay unit. As for even strength time, he'll probably be getting south of 10 minutes per game, unless he steps up even more than he did last year. He's our second best offensive defenseman, but that's more a statement on the strength of our d-corp than him.
I see Jason Demers V 2.0, do you agree?

Oleg Petrov is offline   Reply With Quote