HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

York University CIS

Old
10-03-2011, 06:05 PM
skatesharpener

vCash: 500
York University CIS

Could be a long year for the Lions....or is it the Yeomen? Yeomen is better.

Last Six Games

Sep 18

at Nipissing

2-7 Loss

Sep 23

vs. Ryerson

0-2 Loss

Sep 24

vs. Toronto

2-4 Loss

Sep 27

at Toronto

5-6 Loss

Oct 1

at Robert Morris

3-4 Loss

Oct 2

at Mercyherst

4-5 Loss

skatesharpener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:22 PM
SnipeShow91

with the exception of Nipissing, those are close games and you cant really judge how a team is going to do based on losing 1 or 2 goal games. If they were blow outs i would agree with you and say "yeah, could be a long season for the Lions" but look at the scores, pretty evident they are missing a sniper. They just signed Perugini in net so goaltending wont be the issue

SnipeShow91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

Maybe York should play in the States! At least their hockey team is better than their football team.

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 09:16 PM
skatesharpener

Say again

" They just signed Perugini in net so goaltending wont be the issue"

My understanding is that Perugini is signed sealed and delivered to a tier 2 team and not york.

Old
10-03-2011, 09:30 PM
ohlfan99

If Perugini plays a single game with York, does that eliminate his eligibility with other Universities in CIS?

Also, what is the latest he can register for a minimum course load academically and to still qualify for the CIS team?

ohlfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 10:21 PM
steeltoes

Coach Wells stated York picked up Perugini, their roster has Perugini listed as 1 of 4 goalies. I highly doubt Perugini would stick around to be the 2nd or 3rd goalie, Wells has stated Blair will be their starter. 6 exhibition games and only Blair has played. Nothing like taking a good look at a goalie in a game situation!!! I guess he will pick his backup from what he sees at practice. York will sit at the bottom again this year.

steeltoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 09:58 AM
skatesharpener

Perugini has signed with the Markham Waxers JR A of OPJHL and played his first game leading them to a win. The York coach should get his facts straight before making announcements. Besides the next window of opportunity for Jr A players to go to university would be in January, when the 2nd semester starts. To answer a previous question a player who plays one game for a CIS university then wants to transfer to another school would have to sit out the following year and therefore could play at the new school starting in year 3. I believe this is correct, its the same for football. Someone might correct me if I'm wrong.

Old
10-04-2011, 10:21 AM
ohlfan2

Regarding changing schools, I believe there is some exemption if the NEW school has some specific course(s) or programs that the OLD school did not have. As well, there may / should also be a provision for "hardship" issues where a student can nolonger afford the living expenses of playing for a away from home school and needs to move "home" and go to a local school.

Is there a rule book on the Internet somewhere?

ohlfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 12:39 PM
FreddtFoyle

Just go to the CIS website:

http://english.cis-sic.ca/informatio...bility_package

There are "hardship" or humanitarian type of exemptions. For instance, if you want to transfer to a school near your home to be close to a sick family member the CIS will sometimes waive the need to sit a year for transferring schools. That may be the case for financial need as well. I know it happens - there was a UPEI hockey player a few years ago who transferred to Brock (or Manitoba ?) and didn't have to sit out a year.

FreddtFoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 12:41 PM
FreddtFoyle

Transfer students-athletes from CIS regs:

40.10.5.4.2 A student-athlete who transfers from one CIS member institution team to another member institution team after having been assessed one year of eligibility, must not participate in any competition (conference or non-conference) for a period of one year in the recognized sport of CIS in which such athlete participated at the previous CIS institution in order to be eligible for CIS participation. Reference 40.10.3.5.1 – Graduate Student and 40.10.5.4.3 for exceptions.

40.10.5.4.3 Specific to the sports of swimming, track & field, and cross-country running, a student-athlete can transfer to a CIS institution from any degree granting post-secondary institution without restriction in an immediately subsequent academic year if all the following conditions are satisfied:
i) The student-athlete is transferring prior to the start of the first date of class of what would be his/her second consecutive academic year at the post-secondary institution; and,
ii) The student-athlete has not previously attended and been charged with a year of eligibility at another post-secondary institution prior to the one they are seeking an unrestricted transfer from; and,
iii) The CIS school the student-athlete is transferring to has successfully applied for CIS approval by using form 40.30.3.4.2.
Please note, all recruiting regulations continue to apply.

40.10.3.5 Graduate Student
An exception to 40.10.3.2 (Course Load) and / or 40.10.3.3 (Academic Standing) is available to an athlete registered as a full-time student in any graduate program offered by a member institution.
40.10.3.5.1 A student-athlete, who enrols in either a doctorate, master’s degree, or first professional degree (as classified by AUCC) at a member institution, and who attended another institution the previous academic year, shall retain any available CIS eligibility to participate immediately. This shall be a one-time allowance.

FreddtFoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 03:05 PM
dave35
Rookie User

Chris Perugini has signed with the Markham Waxers.

Andrew Perugini (his older Brother or cousin) has signed/enrolled at York University.

Just to Clarify things.

dave35 is offline   Reply With Quote