HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rebranding

Old
10-03-2011, 10:43 PM
Horrorshow

vCash: 500
even more soulless than their last look.

Eff sportsnet.

Horrorshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 11:29 PM
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snepsts27 View Post
Sportsnet is now run by Scott Moore who has done a good job getting the Sportsnet brand much more professional. They have added some decent talent with Jeff Merek, and Scott Morrison from CBC, and Stephen Brunt is a huge 'get' as his writing and essays can not be beat in Canadian Sports Media.
His next job is to ditch Kypreos and McLean as soon as he can. There are not two opinions I could care about, and respect less (ok, maybe Bill Watters)
TSN will always win the Hockey Panel debate, MacKenzie, Lebrun and Dreger will never be out scooped.
Kypreos has actually outscooped those guys a lot in the past season. Which is probably why Lebrun was brought on board.

Between those 3, on MacKenzie has hockey knowledge and still doesnt know as much as guys like Kypreos and Maclean.

I think Kypreos has come a long way.

LiquidSnake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 01:03 AM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel diamond View Post
So in addition to launching a magazine Sportsnet has re-branded their TV channels with new logos and graphics, and revamped their website to match. Gone is the old swirling ink-blot logo, replaced with a simpler word-mark with emphasis lines. They've also dropped the word "Rogers" from their channel names.

is now:

They're clearly going for a cleaner more professional look to try and close the gap on top spot in the sports media market, but to me this is more like The Score than TSN.

EDIT: As some have noted below, the shadowing on the logo may be due to the fact that I pulled it from their website, which has a black background. This may be the official logo:
Despite going to all capital letters now, Sportsnet doesn't have to worry about looking so similar to CSN since the latter will be re-branded NBC Sports (eventually).

10-04-2011, 11:07 AM
silvercanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagee View Post
Ah very Americanized imesho.
That was the very first impression I had.

I think Sportsnet is in bad enough shape as it is and this is not a good move. Many people only watch the network because they own certain sports properties.

silvercanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 11:22 AM
FakeKidPoker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanchion for MVP View Post
I like it. Hopefully the programs become more professional too. They seem kinda childish compared to TSN.
Wow, I feel TSN is the most kiddy network out there with guys like Jay Oright, Dan O Tool, James ODuthie...

FakeKidPoker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 11:24 AM
KDizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanchion for MVP View Post
I like it. Hopefully the programs become more professional too. They seem kinda childish compared to TSN.
Until they get rid of Kypreios and MacLean, they're always going to be second-rate.

Though I do like their Canucks broadcasts in general. Good to have super homers like John Garrett on board for a few laughs.

KDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 12:23 PM
LuongosTirePump

Don't mind the new logo, however I think they should've incorporated that blue logo 3/4 circle red dot thing...

Connected looked better last night with its changes, I noticed they stole a page from TSN. They now have a Top 5 of a certain event at the end of the show (similar to TSN's top 10 (fill in the blank)). Sportsnet needs better analysts though, even though Kypreos has gotten better, I still don't like him really. Dough Mclean is alright as well, but they're no Mckenzie.

LuongosTirePump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 01:01 PM
snepsts27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Kypreos has actually outscooped those guys a lot in the past season. Which is probably why Lebrun was brought on board.

Between those 3, on MacKenzie has hockey knowledge and still doesnt know as much as guys like Kypreos and Maclean.

I think Kypreos has come a long way.
Correct, Kypreos does have good connections in hockey, althought those fu#%ers at TSN to try to discredit him once in a while..

Still, their anyalsys is poor, and very uninformed.

One guy i do like is John Shannon, he has his head on straight and doesnt come up with outrageous opinions to give himself a name.

We are also very lucky to have our own hockey panel with the Canucks, I killed me when they would throw back to Toronto for analsis of the Canucks by Mike Brophy on some 2 week old issue like he was breaking news.

snepsts27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Durr
give me gum gum

Send a message via MSN to Durr
They still seem pretty small time compared to TSN.

Durr is offline   Reply With Quote