HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Goaltending thread: Triple threat? (All things Islanders Goaltending)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-25-2011, 02:00 PM
  #101
OlTimeHockey
Registered User
 
OlTimeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: home
Country: China
Posts: 15,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islesallday View Post
Thats because hes never healthy


My bet:

DP is doing his Rosa Parks and currently sitting on the bench, not allowing anyone near him.

He won't start at home, but he wants to start against Pitt as he thinks he's the main show and Pitt is nowadays the most exciting matchup.

THE GOOD NEWS: DP v BJ II: This Time It's Brain Damage

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:30 PM
  #102
NYI JT91
Registered User
 
NYI JT91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mastic, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post


My bet:

DP is doing his Rosa Parks and currently sitting on the bench, not allowing anyone near him.

He won't start at home, but he wants to start against Pitt as he thinks he's the main show and Pitt is nowadays the most exciting matchup.

THE GOOD NEWS: DP v BJ II: This Time It's Brain Damage
Our luck it will be JT I would never watch hockey again.

NYI JT91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:46 PM
  #103
PJGooch
Registered User
 
PJGooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
THE GOOD NEWS: DP v BJ II: This Time It's Brain Damage
Classy.

PJGooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 01:36 AM
  #104
ilovemarkmessier
Registered User
 
ilovemarkmessier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 165
vCash: 500
who should be the starting goalie?

Can we Please make Al our starting goalie for now? He is much younger and playing well lets give him a change to fail or succeed as a starter. Hes look good so far. I love the Idea of a stable young goalie and a veteran like Evgeni backing him up. It will help give the team stability. I think Montoya could be the Islanders goalie for years to come. The idea of a solid starting goalie that isnt injured all the tme would be great. Montoyas numbers so far as a starting NHL goalie have been solid. Nabokov isnt the future here we can showcase him get a veteran defenseman and bring up Poulin as a backup.

ilovemarkmessier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 01:58 AM
  #105
StrongIslanders90
Registered User
 
StrongIslanders90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: StrongIsland
Country: United States
Posts: 14,935
vCash: 500
Nabby actually played well enough for a win.....But I agree AL should be the Starter..Let him make or break himself....


But what this team is really lacking is Star power......We really cant survive relying on only JT and Streit....Im not saying this because we are in a slump...Even when we won 3 in a row it was all JT Streit and goaltending.....We need to trade away 1st round pick and package B level Prospects and NHL ready players for some legit players......We need another top pairing Dman and we need a serious winger to play with JT....I love Matt Moulson but think about How strong we would be if he was on our 2nd line.....Comeau and Bailey need a change..... Nino and Strome pretty much the only Prospects that are off limits....Even de Hann who we invested so much in, in the rite deal should be considerd...I think for the time being Cappy should switch up the lines and Put Okposo with JT... That will give Okposo a better chance to succeed IMO...Mayby Break up Amac and Hammer and Pair Hammer with Streit.... I dont know but we need to shake things up...

StrongIslanders90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:09 AM
  #106
ilovemarkmessier
Registered User
 
ilovemarkmessier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Nabby actually played well enough for a win.....But I agree AL should be the Starter..Let him make or break himself....


But what this team is really lacking is Star power......We really cant survive relying on only JT and Streit....Im not saying this because we are in a slump...Even when we won 3 in a row it was all JT Streit and goaltending.....We need to trade away 1st round pick and package B level Prospects and NHL ready players for some legit players......We need another top pairing Dman and we need a serious winger to play with JT....I love Matt Moulson but think about How strong we would be if he was on our 2nd line.....Comeau and Bailey need a change..... Nino and Strome pretty much the only Prospects that are off limits....Even de Hann who we invested so much in, in the rite deal should be considerd...I think for the time being Cappy should switch up the lines and Put Okposo with JT... That will give Okposo a better chance to succeed IMO...Mayby Break up Amac and Hammer and Pair Hammer with Streit.... I dont know but we need to shake things up...

I would like to see Okposo with J.T. too. Hope he will get back to being that talented grinder he was when he broke into the league and free up the puck for J.T. to work his magic. Lets roll out Montoya for 10 games in a row and go from there.

ilovemarkmessier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 04:09 AM
  #107
Spartacuski
Registered User
 
Spartacuski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: China
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
I think Montoya could be the Islanders goalie for years to come,too.

Spartacuski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 08:32 AM
  #108
Symon Asher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 666
vCash: 500
Right now it's Nabby as he has played very well. Montoya is a capable back up and should get 30 starts

Symon Asher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 08:34 AM
  #109
startainfection
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 6,800
vCash: 500
poulin

startainfection is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 08:35 AM
  #110
Brunomics
Registered User
 
Brunomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Medford
Country: United States
Posts: 5,477
vCash: 500
Montoya should be starting in Pitt thursday but my gut tells me Ricky D will be in the net.

Al needs to get 3 out of the next 4 or even 4 out of the next 5. There is no reason he shouldn't be in net next game.

Nabokov played really well again and already solidified his postition until he gets traded.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 09:16 AM
  #111
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 9,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummergas View Post
Nabby got the start when DP was "healthy". When Montoya got the start earlier in the season when Rick was "healthy", Nabby was in the press box. Ricky is never a healthy scratch.
Montoya has been nothing but great for the Islanders since he got to Long Island. Now he's relegated to the press box for basically no reason... and people wonder why Roloson was disgruntled. Glad to see the Isles making winning a priority.

Richie Daggers Crime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 09:26 AM
  #112
Strummergas
Registered User
 
Strummergas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
Montoya has been nothing but great for the Islanders since he got to Long Island. Now he's relegated to the press box for basically no reason... and people wonder why Roloson was disgruntled. Glad to see the Isles making winning a priority.
This is just the harsh reality of the Islanders goaltender situation until either DP retires or the contract is up. It sucks, but that's the way it is.

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 09:34 AM
  #113
NYI JT91
Registered User
 
NYI JT91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mastic, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
Montoya has been nothing but great for the Islanders since he got to Long Island. Now he's relegated to the press box for basically no reason... and people wonder why Roloson was disgruntled. Glad to see the Isles making winning a priority.
This comment is the truth and very frustrating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummergas View Post
This is just the harsh reality of the Islanders goaltender situation until either DP retires or the contract is up. It sucks, but that's the way it is.
He will be bought out eventually

NYI JT91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 09:38 AM
  #114
NYI JT91
Registered User
 
NYI JT91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mastic, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,800
vCash: 500
I see your new "ilovemarkmessier" but if you had looked around we already have a thread that is a constant discussion of this buddy.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=996985

As for your question. Who ever plays better..simple common sense. Who ever gives our team a better chance to win

NYI JT91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 09:55 AM
  #115
MTK
Registered User
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: West Islip
Country: Iceland
Posts: 2,299
vCash: 500
Nabokov should be the starting goalie. Montoya back up.

Nabby has played well while everyone on our team has just sucked it up .

MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 09:59 AM
  #116
NYI JT91
Registered User
 
NYI JT91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mastic, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Nabokov should be the starting goalie. Montoya back up.

Nabby has played well while everyone on our team has just sucked it up .
Id agree with this but JT and Streit are playing just as well as our goalies. Atleast Bailey was noticeable last night. See you again in a month Josh

NYI JT91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 10:03 AM
  #117
number72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
Montoya has been nothing but great for the Islanders since he got to Long Island. Now he's relegated to the press box for basically no reason... and people wonder why Roloson was disgruntled. Glad to see the Isles making winning a priority.
Yes. Islanders hoping Nabby finds some form to be traded for a draft pick at the deadline. Who needs a netminder though - maybe Phoenix. Everyone else is set.
For a backup there are a few teams.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 01:49 PM
  #118
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 9,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
Yes. Islanders hoping Nabby finds some form to be traded for a draft pick at the deadline.
If that's the goal, rather than giving the team the best chance to win now and for the future, then we have a huge problem.

Richie Daggers Crime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 04:26 PM
  #119
NYI JT91
Registered User
 
NYI JT91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mastic, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
If that's the goal, rather than giving the team the best chance to win now and for the future, then we have a huge problem.
This.

NYI JT91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 07:46 PM
  #120
HookeyPookey*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,208
vCash: 500
who saw million dollar man Rick sitting on the bench. The saviour

HookeyPookey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 03:06 AM
  #121
OlTimeHockey
Registered User
 
OlTimeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: home
Country: China
Posts: 15,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
If that's the goal, rather than giving the team the best chance to win now and for the future, then we have a huge problem.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 06:14 PM
  #122
NYI JT91
Registered User
 
NYI JT91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mastic, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,800
vCash: 500
Wonder if Rick gets the start tonight...

Edit : Never mind just saw its Nabby. thankfully

NYI JT91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 06:17 PM
  #123
OlTimeHockey
Registered User
 
OlTimeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: home
Country: China
Posts: 15,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islesallday View Post
Wonder if Rick gets the start tonight...

Edit : Never mind just saw its Nabby. thankfully
They have to showcase him if we're gonna get a good pick, remember.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 06:26 PM
  #124
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,245
vCash: 500
Nabby has been pretty solid in all of his starts. He's showing he can still play and that's just a huge win for us. Helps us in the short term and he maximizes the interest in him. Maybe we'll get a 3rd rounder rather than a 4th rounder?

I must say that I love his stand up style. So old school, a throwback.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 07:14 PM
  #125
nhlfan9191
Registered User
 
nhlfan9191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Saskatoon, Sk
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,429
vCash: 500
I don't see how a washed up old goalie, a goalie who can't stay healthy for 24 hours, and a goalie who was considered a bust until last season is considered a triple threat. Al Montoya should be getting the most starts because he has potential. There's zero potential with Rick and Evgeni. The whole DP situation blows my mind. It's just amazing how complicated he makes the goaltending situation. Just retire DP.


Last edited by nhlfan9191: 10-27-2011 at 07:20 PM.
nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.