HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Bowman inks extension

Old
10-04-2011, 10:14 AM
Hawkster58

vCash: 500
Bowman inks extension

Stan Bowman just signed an extension that will keep him in the fold until 2015-16.

I know many of the arm chair GM's here don't like his moves, but I say "Bravo".

Great move by the Hawks!

Hawkster58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 10:21 AM
Suburbanbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkster58 View Post
Stan Bowman just signed an extension that will keep him in the fold until 2015-16.

I know many of the arm chair GM's here don't like his moves, but I say "Bravo".

Great move by the Hawks!
+1 He did a very good job managing our cap issues last year. I loved some of the trades he made...I love our young talent he has drafted. And as the youngest GM in the league, I believe he will get even better.

Suburbanbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 10:23 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Everything has been great up until two things, the backup goalie, and more importantly, the large sum of cap space we have sitting there. How he manages those two tasks this season will be crucial so I'm not going to judge this signing until I see what happens there. Anything less than a division win this year will be a failure as far as the regular season goes. Most likely this is a very good move, but I'm a little iffy about Stan at the moment, and I was definitely one of his biggest supporters last year. Keeping Scotty on board is obviously a great thing.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Everything has been great up until two things, the backup goalie, and more importantly, the large sum of cap space we have sitting there. How he manages those two tasks this season will be crucial so I'm not going to judge this signing until I see what happens there. Anything less than a division win this year will be a failure as far as the regular season goes. Most likely this is a very good move, but I'm a little iffy about Stan at the moment, and I was definitely one of his biggest supporters last year. Keeping Scotty on board is obviously a great thing.
Yeah and the Emery signing is a minor signing..

We signed Emery for 600k...

Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Sevanston

He's done well in his time here, so this is a good thing.

I'm still waiting for that giant farm of ours to really start paying dividends, but it shouldn't be too long now.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 10:38 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
It would be nice to see how the guys Stan brought in fare this year before they locked him up. Nevertheless, not a surprise. He's done significantly more good than bad in his tenure.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Hawksfan2828

Apparently he should be considered as the best GM's of all time - he traded the allegedly "untradeable" Brian Campbell - in an ironic twist back to the GM that signed him to a "horrid" contract in the first place..

In speaking of Tallon - what the hell is he doing down in Florida? building some sort of Pantherhawks?

I remember back in the 90's the Rangers and Kings were built off of players from the 80's Oiler dynasty.

It's funny how some players follow coaches and GM's around their entire careers... Keenan had several former Hawks follow him to the Rangers. The 94 team was half former Hawks and half former Oilers..

Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 11:01 AM
BobbyJet

All Hawk fans are not going to like everything Stan does. I didn’t like him letting Campoli get away personally, but overall he has done a decent job, especially with the cap issues he inherited. Good move to extend him.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Sarava

I think he deserves the extension. He inherited a Stanley Cup basically - but I like what he has done since he has taken over. From getting rid of Soupy's contract, to trading for Nick Leddy...to most of the draft picks the last 2 years. I'm not terribly fond of the Kevin Hayes selection, but most of the others look good at this point.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I like this. He has done a good job and if you ask me, he will only get better

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Spectra
Registered boozer

Too soon.

Spectra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 02:48 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectra View Post
Too soon.
Agreed, this could have waited until after the season or at least when the Hawks are in a top spot halfway through.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote