HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HELP: Is this Lightning Jersey 90s Vintage?

Old
09-14-2016, 09:54 PM
TimMatt
Rookie User

vCash: 500
HELP: Is this Lightning Jersey 90s Vintage?

Hey Everyone,
I'm a new user here, but have been enjoying all the knowledge sharing. I recently purchased a Maska Air-Knit Tampa Bay Lightning Jersey from eBay, which is in excellent condition, but there are a few anomalies that make me suspicious. I noticed from looking online that the Lighting logo in the early/mid 90s is a light blue font, while the late 90s/early 2000s font changes to a darker color. Also, while the early logo background is a grey thread, the early 00s becomes a shiny silver metallic. The jersey I purchased seems to have both of these. The shoulder patches look like early 90s while the center crest seems to be later (and the logo feels a little small for this medium size jersey). Everything else looks as it should, with the CCM plastic stamp on the back hem. I'm attaching a few photos for reference.

Is this jersey legit, or should I be suspicious?

Thanks for all your help, Tim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg‎ (166.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg‎ (176.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg‎ (217.8 KB, 18 views)

TimMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2016, 12:06 AM
blues10

I don't know alot about Lightning jerseys but do know something about 90's jerseys. All the tagging looks good and fan "replica"jerseys during that time period had smaller cresting than on ice authentic jerseys. I have never come across a 90's knockoff jersey with tagging like that if that is your concern.

I collect Jets jerseys and have come across many different varieties from the 90's.

blues10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2016, 12:40 AM
TimMatt
Rookie User

Thanks for your insight blues10. Yeah, I've noticed A LOT of variation in CCM/Maska Jerseys, depending on where the jersey was manufactured (Canada/USA) and whether it's Air-Knit. I was just wondering if there was some resource out there in the "internets" that catalogued all the variations, because I certainly haven't been able to find it.

TimMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2016, 06:30 PM
blues10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMatt View Post
Thanks for your insight blues10. Yeah, I've noticed A LOT of variation in CCM/Maska Jerseys, depending on where the jersey was manufactured (Canada/USA) and whether it's Air-Knit. I was just wondering if there was some resource out there in the "internets" that catalogued all the variations, because I certainly haven't been able to find it.

There is no definitive answer. I have CCM/Maska from Canada and the USA. starter from Korea, ultrafil, polyester and air knit. A misnomer out there is that there are no ultrafil replicas. I have some. There is some info here contrary to what I have in my collection.:

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.p...0-v-ultrafill/

There has also been some discussions over in the jersey collection thread of the Jets forum.

I proably have 30 Jets jerseys from the 90's in 10 different variations.

blues10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2016, 06:42 PM
Hoek
Poi!

I wish I could help but I'm not a collector or much of an expert. All I can say is it looks like some of the replicas I've seen people wear at games over the years and I've been going since 95. Either there were a lot of people wearing knockoffs or those anomalies are normal. The smaller crest is something I've seen a lot for instance, but again I don't really know what I'm talking about.

Hoek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2016, 01:37 PM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

if you're on facebook check out the tampa game worn group...those guys have a vast knowledge of jerseys and which are legit...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2016, 04:20 PM
Luger

The original jersey was so much nicer than the current one.

Luger is offline   Reply With Quote