HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

IR: Ohlund, Tyrell, Bergeron, Garon, Shannon

Old
03-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Hockeyfan02

vCash: 500
Sucks for him...just never seemed to find his game here.

Hockeyfan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Can't say Shannon is all that big of a loss.

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:08 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
Huge loss. I don't like our playoff chances now with Shannon out.

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:41 PM
BoltingAway

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
Huge loss. I don't like our playoff chances now with Shannon out.

BoltingAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 05:43 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=623739
Quote:
INJURY UPDATE
Nothing really new here, but Lightning head coach Guy Boucher told reporters on Thursday at the team’s morning skate that captain Vincent Lecavalier and forwards Nate Thompson and Adam Hall are “not close to returning.”

Boucher said that Lecavalier, who has non-displaced fracture in his right hand, did not suffer a setback in terms of how the injury is healing, but rather that the process is just taking longer than initially expected.

Old
03-24-2012, 11:52 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...e-will/1221819
Quote:
If all goes to plan, captain Vinny Lecavalier will play on the Lightning's three-game road trip that starts Monday in Philadelphia.

The center, wearing a red no-contact jersey, skated Saturday for the first time with teammates since fracturing his right hand Feb. 18 against the Capitals. "It felt a little better," Lecavalier said. "But the strength in the hand is not there yet."

Even so, "when I'm ready to play, I want to play," he said. "That's why I'm joining the team (on the road trip). I don't want to set any dates, but I want to start practicing with the team and get the feel of the game. I want to play as soon as possible."
Quote:
That only eight games are left raises the question of whether to just shut Lecavalier down, a notion the player and coach Guy Boucher shot down. "Our mentality," Boucher said, "is every game we want to put our best team on the ice."

"The guys have been working so hard, so as soon as I'm ready, I want to play, even if there's seven, five, three games," Lecavalier said.

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 03-24-2012 at 11:57 PM.
TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Bruins71*
Bergeron for Selke

Any news on Adam Hall's injury?

Bruins71* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 01:45 AM
maplehawk
HFB Partner

nothing new on thompson eh?

maplehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 06:28 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

at this point rather want to keep him recovering, not sense in rushing our best bottom-6 player if we're going nowhere

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:19 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...assing/1222074
Quote:
Lecavalier was upgraded to day to day, and after the morning skate, in which he wore a red no-contact jersey, said his fractured right hand "felt really good, probably the best day by far."

Lecavalier, out 17 games, expects to play during the current three-game road trip.

"It depends how it reacts to what I did the last few days," he said.
Quote:
It sounds as if RW Adam Hall likely will not play the rest of the season because of what is believed a back injury.
Quote:
C Nate Thompson (upper body) also skated with a red no-contact jersey and said he hopes to play on the road trip.

Old
03-27-2012, 05:14 PM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 133
Quote:
Damian Cristodero ‏ @LightningTimes

As was said earlier today, sounds like Thursday. RT @Thunderbolt91: Is Lecavalier coming back tonight ?
https://twitter.com/#!/LightningTimes

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:36 AM
HoseEmDown

Anyone else think we should tank the rest of the season? We are out of the playoffs and with so many teams close on points losing a few more games might get us up to 5 instead of 10 where we are at. Thats a much better player who's more ready to play now or better trade bait if we move it?

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:44 AM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

vCash: 50
Quote:
That only eight games are left raises the question of whether to just shut Lecavalier down, a notion the player and coach Guy Boucher shot down. "Our mentality," Boucher said, "is every game we want to put our best team on the ice."
Guy and the team doesn't think we should tank. I don't like the idea either. I hate giving in.

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 02:48 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Anyone else think we should tank the rest of the season? We are out of the playoffs and with so many teams close on points losing a few more games might get us up to 5 instead of 10 where we are at. Thats a much better player who's more ready to play now or better trade bait if we move it?
We'll never tank as long as Boucher is the head coach and the vets and leaders like Marty, Stammer, and others continue to work their butts off each night.

Really we should be losing more games. We shouldn't be in 11th place in the east. Our current lineup couldn't get more depleted than it is now with injuries. *knocks on wood* Our bottom 6 is made up of players who have been in the AHL this season with Pyatt and Connolly getting bigger ice times in the top 6. On defense Mikkelson and Aulie both arrived here from the A and Gervais and Commodore are playing more now than they have all year. And until a week ago when Roli started playing good again we had maybe the worst goalie in the NHL and a guy from the DEL as his back up. But there's too much pride and character here top to bottom. No quit.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightn...against-devils
Quote:
The Tampa Bay Lightning will get a significant piece of its roster back on Thursday when captain Vinny Lecavalier is expected to play against the Devils in Newark, N.J. Lecavalier has missed 18 games with a fractured right hand sustained Feb. 18 against the Capitals when he was hit by a puck.

"Happy to get back in the lineup," he tweeted.

Center Nate Thompson also might return after six games sidelined by an upper-body injury. In anticipation, right wing Pierre-Cedric Labrie was reassigned to AHL Norfolk.
Quote:
...Boucher added, it is not as if Lecavalier can hurt himself further by playing. "A bone is either broken or it isn't," he said.

Still, Lecavalier admitted the bone, next to the one on which he had surgery last season, took longer to heal than expected. And being out of the lineup for so long, his minutes likely will be closely monitored.

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 03-28-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old
03-29-2012, 10:03 AM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 133
Quote:
Tom Gulitti ‏ @TGfireandice

Vincent Lecavalier (broken hand) will be back for Lightning tonight.
https://twitter.com/#!/tgfireandice

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 11:12 AM
Fred89

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Tampa Bay Lightning on Facebook said:

Nothing official yet, but expected to be back

At this point of season, does it make sense to let him play anyway?

Fred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

I'd like Adam Hall to come back so the media can report that Hall is returning to the lineup, and Oilers fans will get all excited.

Adam Hall does seem to have been bitten by an injury bug this season though.

Felonious Python is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 01:30 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

https://twitter.com/#!/erlendssontrib
Quote:
The #AlaskanAssassin @NateThompson44 said to mention he is not skating in a red (injured) jersey today, so looks like he's a go on Saturday

Old
04-04-2012, 10:14 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

https://twitter.com/#!/LightningTimes
Quote:
Guess Lightning's Hall (upper body) wasn't kidding when he said he wanted to finish the season playing. Skating with normal jersey.

Old
04-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

I'm sorry to annoy you with this question, but without all the injuries to important players, do you guys think you could've been in the playoff hunt?

Seto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarmynative View Post
I'm sorry to annoy you with this question, but without all the injuries to important players, do you guys think you could've been in the playoff hunt?
Not sure if they make the playoffs(I'd lean towards no), but a healthy Ohlund would've helped the defense as far as some of the guys lower on the depth chart not playing as many minutes. The team was only a few points back when Garon was healthy so the team might be a little bit closer now. Injuries happen to every team though so you've got to overcome them. The depth in the organization isn't good enough just yet.

Old
04-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
Not sure if they make the playoffs(I'd lean towards no), but a healthy Ohlund would've helped the defense as far as some of the guys lower on the depth chart not playing as many minutes. The team was only a few points back when Garon was healthy so the team might be a little bit closer now. Injuries happen to every team though so you've got to overcome them. The depth in the organization isn't good enough just yet.
I was looking through your roster and there seemed to be a lot of ambiguous bottom six players. How have they been? Are they AHL call ups or are they future NHL regulars?

Seto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:01 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
I was looking through your roster and there seemed to be a lot of ambiguous bottom six players. How have they been? Are they AHL call ups or are they future NHL regulars?
Most of them are AHL call ups...probably not much more than 4th liners at the NHL level if they stick. I'm talking about guys like Wallace, Segal, Labrie. They've done their jobs on the 4th line(getting in on the forecheck, being physical, scoring the occasional goal) but really nothing out of the ordinary. Not sure if you're counting JT Brown in that group but he looks like he's going to be a future NHLer and he was just signed out of college. He's been impressive so far.

Old
04-05-2012, 06:58 AM
bassassin

Quote:
Mix of the two, but mostly 4th liners if any future. J.T Wyman could potentially be a 3rd liner IMO if he keeps developing.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:23 PM
HockeyTownUSA

As long as Boucher is the coach, JT Wyman and Tom Pyatt will always be in the line up.

HockeyTownUSA is offline   Reply With Quote