HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

IR: Ohlund, Tyrell, Bergeron, Garon, Shannon

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-22-2011, 09:44 AM
  #76
Still All In
Plz stop pucks
 
Still All In's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
To specify, Gilroy 'could be okay' for tomorrow's game. I didn't want to leave it open ended.

Is Bouch good? It could be the atmosphere change in the rink compared to outside, but his nose usually doesn't seem as runny as it did there.

Sounds like he has a cold or something.

Boucher (possible cold, will coach)

Sometimes illness is good for a coach, as Boucher might need to get across ideas, notably 'more intensity' non-verbally. Especially if he ends up with a sore throat or something. The things they figure out can be used from then on as shorthand.

That might already be in part trained into them from having Marty Raymond threaten them with a pizza wheel.
What the **** are you talking about?

Still All In is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 01:16 AM
  #77
LightningStrikes
Moderator
Klutcherov
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 12,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
erlendssontrib Erik Erlendsson
Team says Steve Downie has an upper-body injury and is day to day; he did not play in the third period
Quote:
LightningTimes Damian Cristodero
FYI, Lightning RW Steve Downie did not play the third period because of an upper-body injury, the team said. He is day to day.
Just what we need.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 04:19 AM
  #78
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Maelmoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,709
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Just what we need.
I think Downie is one of the players who should be benched for a game, I don't care about the points but he is one of our energy players that should go out there and infuse the team with energy but to me it seems he doesn't have any himself this season.

__________________
Todd Harvey, Adam Oates and Darren Puppa, you are all missed in the game of hockey!
Maelmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 05:45 AM
  #79
ThunderAlleyNomad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 4,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelmoor View Post
I think Downie is one of the players who should be benched for a game, I don't care about the points but he is one of our energy players that should go out there and infuse the team with energy but to me it seems he doesn't have any himself this season.
He seems a bit...off? I'm not even sure that's the right word, he's just not himself so far. With that being said, he's still giving more effort and energy than most of the team.

ThunderAlleyNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 06:44 PM
  #80
LightningStrikes
Moderator
Klutcherov
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 12,797
vCash: 500
LightningTimes Damian Cristodero
Steve Downie (upper body) will not play again tnite, but Boucher said it's precautionary and not concussion-related

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:24 PM
  #81
LightningStrikes
Moderator
Klutcherov
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 12,797
vCash: 500
LightningTimes Damian Cristodero
Lightning coach Boucher says Steve Downie (upper body) is "cleared to play" and in lineup Wed vs Red Wings. Also, Dwayne Roloson in net.

erlendssontrib Erik Erlendsson
With Downie returning, Guy Boucher said he is unsure who comes out tomorrow. Also, Dwayne Roloson will start in goal for #tblightning

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:27 PM
  #82
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
LightningTimes Damian Cristodero
Lightning coach Boucher says Steve Downie (upper body) is "cleared to play" and in lineup Wed vs Red Wings. Also, Dwayne Roloson in net.

erlendssontrib Erik Erlendsson
With Downie returning, Guy Boucher said he is unsure who comes out tomorrow. Also, Dwayne Roloson will start in goal for #tblightning
It'd be hilarious if Boucher scratched Tyrell tomorrow. (not that I think it should happen)

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:30 PM
  #83
LightningStrikes
Moderator
Klutcherov
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 12,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
It'd be hilarious if Boucher scratched Tyrell tomorrow. (not that I think it should happen)
erlendssontrib Erik Erlendsson
Shannon worked w/ Marty/Vinny; other two were on line with Moore today RT @PRobbins47 Who do u think sits Pyatt, Shannon, or Connolly?

Damian Cristodero
LightningTimes Damian Cristodero
Boucher said he did not know. We'll see what he says Wednesday morning. RT @shamsintouch: Who is out of the line up then?


13F 5D?

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:33 PM
  #84
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
erlendssontrib Erik Erlendsson
Shannon worked w/ Marty/Vinny; other two were on line with Moore today RT @PRobbins47 Who do u think sits Pyatt, Shannon, or Connolly?

Damian Cristodero
LightningTimes Damian Cristodero
Boucher said he did not know. We'll see what he says Wednesday morning. RT @shamsintouch: Who is out of the line up then?


13F 5D?
I would honestly be very surprised if Connolly sat, just from what the coaching/management seem to think of him. There'd also be the whole "well if he's not going to play, and he can't go to the AHL..." thing that would rattle non-stop.

It's simple math, IMO, if Boucher wants to remove a lefty, then Pyatt. If he wants to remove a righty, then Shannon.

It's all about the lines Boucher wants. Both have played pretty well recently, but honestly, that's expected of Tampa Bay Lightning players.

Da Bouch is kind of in an undesirable spot here, as he could risk pissing off Shannon if he interprets Pyatt's place in the lineup as favoritism, as Pyatt's played for him before, and is therefore 'his guy'.


Last edited by Felonious Python: 11-29-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 06:18 PM
  #85
I Am Beat You
Registered User
 
I Am Beat You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,097
vCash: 500
Pyatt should be the odd man out. He tries hard and has done a pretty good job given his abilities at this point, but Shannon and Connolly are far better players and there's no need to break up the DNA line.

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 07:07 PM
  #86
stammerhammer91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 412
vCash: 500
I think its a pretty easy decision right now to sit shannon, he just doesn't have it, he is too weak and still makes dumb mistakes. plus he is almost always out there way too long on his shifts. Pyatt is needed for the penalty kill and connolly looks really good with vinny and marty.

stammerhammer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 01:26 AM
  #87
LightningStrikes
Moderator
Klutcherov
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 12,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stammerhammer91 View Post
I think its a pretty easy decision right now to sit shannon, he just doesn't have it, he is too weak and still makes dumb mistakes. plus he is almost always out there way too long on his shifts. Pyatt is needed for the penalty kill and connolly looks really good with vinny and marty.
Actually Tyrell's call-up makes Pyatt expendable in that regard.

I would probably go with Shannon and Connolly. Over the last five games both got more ice time than Pyatt. Shannon has improved a lot and seems to finally feel the system. Connolly's ice time is steadily increasing lately so Boucher is more and more confident playing him in tight situations. Pyatt scored that beautiful Crosby-esque goal but other than that he's filling a role Tyrell is probably better at.

Maybe Le Bouch will shock Bolts Nation by sitting Hall?

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 06:09 AM
  #88
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Actually Tyrell's call-up makes Pyatt expendable in that regard.

I would probably go with Shannon and Connolly. Over the last five games both got more ice time than Pyatt. Shannon has improved a lot and seems to finally feel the system. Connolly's ice time is steadily increasing lately so Boucher is more and more confident playing him in tight situations. Pyatt scored that beautiful Crosby-esque goal but other than that he's filling a role Tyrell is probably better at.

Maybe Le Bouch will shock Bolts Nation by sitting Hall?
Are you suggesting that we have enough players that can handle killing all these penalties?

Scratchgate 2011.

Scratchpocalypse?

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:35 AM
  #89
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User
 
Doctor Drej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Quiet Room
Country: United States
Posts: 10,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Actually Tyrell's call-up makes Pyatt expendable in that regard.

I would probably go with Shannon and Connolly. Over the last five games both got more ice time than Pyatt. Shannon has improved a lot and seems to finally feel the system. Connolly's ice time is steadily increasing lately so Boucher is more and more confident playing him in tight situations. Pyatt scored that beautiful Crosby-esque goal but other than that he's filling a role Tyrell is probably better at.

Maybe Le Bouch will shock Bolts Nation by sitting Hall?
Doubtful. They didn't reunite the DNA line only to break it up again after 3 games.

Personally, I think Kubina should get a chance at the Guy Boucher Pressbox Experience. But he'd probably make a bad pinch while getting up to the pressbox and then take forever to get back up.

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 02:43 PM
  #90
Follower of Yzlam
#FreeDrouin
 
Follower of Yzlam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 13,356
vCash: 134
That and Hall is a rock on the PK. I think Pyatt is the odd man out, which is a shame because he's doing great.

Follower of Yzlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 09:24 AM
  #91
ThunderAlleyNomad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 4,239
vCash: 500
Ohlund looks to be out even longer than originally thought.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...cle1204772.ece

Quote:
TAMPA D Mattias Ohlund, who has not played a regular-season game this season, is no longer skating and said Saturday that he does not know when he will.

Said coach Guy Boucher of Ohlund's recovery from Oct. 11 arthroscopic surgeries on both knees, "I don't know where we are."

That is quite a difference from two weeks ago, when there was optimism Ohlund was close to returning. Now, Ohlund said, "I don't even have a timetable."
Not that Ohlund was going to solve all of the D problems, but now something has to be done.

ThunderAlleyNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 09:47 AM
  #92
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,816
vCash: 500
How does one in this instance go from skating, back to not skating?

I'm just waiting for SFY to trade Kubina, so Ohlund can become healthy again.

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 12:16 PM
  #93
LightningStrikes
Moderator
Klutcherov
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 12,797
vCash: 500
Another setback...

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 12:28 PM
  #94
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates
 
X0X0A0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 29,048
vCash: 50
Can you be nice and retire Mattias? We can set you up with a coaching job.

X0X0A0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 02:09 PM
  #95
TBLHoser
Registered User
 
TBLHoser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sunshine State
Country: United States
Posts: 1,945
vCash: 500
Not that I have anything against Ohlund, but what are our options regarding his contract? If he's not going to be what he once was before the injury, other than buying him out, is there any way to shed his contract short of him announcing his retirement? What is "guaranteed"?

TBLHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 02:22 PM
  #96
chasespace
Registered User
 
chasespace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Williston, FL
Posts: 4,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
Not that I have anything against Ohlund, but what are our options regarding his contract? If he's not going to be what he once was before the injury, other than buying him out, is there any way to shed his contract short of him announcing his retirement? What is "guaranteed"?
Waive him or trade him are the only options I think.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 02:48 PM
  #97
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,816
vCash: 500
If Ohlund is put on the LTIR, which he certainly qualifies for at this point, the team can, without penalty, replace his cap hit for as long as Ohlund remains 'out'.

As long as Ohlund remains injured however, TB, or any team he is traded to, cannot release him. That's in the CBA to protect the players from just being dropped by their team when they get injured.

We saw it in training camp with Scott Jackson (who also had a knee thing). We couldn't even send him down until he was cleared by the doctors.

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 03:03 PM
  #98
Kusic
Be The Thunder
 
Kusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Karlovy Vary
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,565
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Kusic
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasespace View Post
Waive him or trade him are the only options I think.
He has NMC and limited NTC

So I really hope, that he will retire this summer. We need a cap space for better defenseman/s. Just retire Ohlund, please

Kusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 03:04 PM
  #99
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusic View Post
He has NMC and limited NTC

So I really hope, that he will retire this summer. We need a cap space for better defenseman/s. Just retire Ohlund, please
As I said, SFY can put him on LTIR, and we'll get that cap space back (at least until Ohlund returns)

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 05:31 PM
  #100
Still All In
Plz stop pucks
 
Still All In's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickov View Post
Can you be nice and retire Mattias? We can set you up with a coaching job.
Seriously - i'd take him as a defensive coach in a heartbeat.

If they want to have a sniff of the playoffs they need to look at LTIR for him now and start working on the phones.

Still All In is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.