HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rolston - how do you think he will do this year?

Old
10-06-2011, 01:18 PM
Mr Islander

vCash: 500
Rolston - how do you think he will do this year?

For one thing, it will be sweet to watch him unloading that cannon from the point on the powerplay.

I am wondering how the change from going from the restrictive system in NJ to the Isle's more open system will affect his offensive production. It looks like he can still skate pretty well. He'll probably be paired with younger guys like Bailey and Comeau, who can provide the energy for his line. He's got a big body (6'2", 215 lbs), and can score from the crease if needed. I could see them playing him at center at times if they need a big guy going to the net (does anyone know how he does on faceoffs?).

Personally, I don't expect a lot of him from the start of the season, as he is coming off this groin injury, and he also said that he needs to adapt to the Isles system.

Mr Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 01:27 PM
RWWallpaper

I think he will be a soils player for us...10-15 goals, some help on the PP point, and provide some solid veteran leadership for the kiddies. Bottom line?...I think he's worth more than Hunter so the deal was a good one for Botha teams. They get some much needed cap relief and we get a better, more useful player.

RWWallpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Renbarg

I think most of his production will come from the PP.

I think he starts with Bailey and Comeau (will probably help that line considering both are hesitant to shoot), but then where does Nino fit?

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 01:31 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renbarg View Post
I think most of his production will come from the PP.

I think he starts with Bailey and Comeau (will probably help that line considering both are hesitant to shoot), but then where does Nino fit?
I say Rolston starts 4th line but the second there is 1 injury in the first line he fills in there(he can play all 3 positions)

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 01:34 PM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Islander View Post
For one thing, it will be sweet to watch him unloading that cannon from the point on the powerplay.

I am wondering how the change from going from the restrictive system in NJ to the Isle's more open system will affect his offensive production. It looks like he can still skate pretty well. He'll probably be paired with younger guys like Bailey and Comeau, who can provide the energy for his line. He's got a big body (6'2", 215 lbs), and can score from the crease if needed. I could see them playing him at center at times if they need a big guy going to the net (does anyone know how he does on faceoffs?).

Personally, I don't expect a lot of him from the start of the season, as he is coming off this groin injury, and he also said that he needs to adapt to the Isles system.

too much is said about the "restrictive system" and "open system" - look at Gaborik's production in the restrictive Minnesota system vs the NYR? Talent is talent and a coach that emphasizes defensive responsibility FIRST doesn't mean the player can't score.

I seem to recall our very own NYI had some players like Bossy, Trottier, Potvin who managed to score very well despite the fact that Al Arbour wouldn't allow them to leave the zone before the puck.

On Rolston. He's not an offensive player anymore. He had a good run at the end of last year after he was horrible the first half. He'll likely play a defensive role, primarily, with two players that will be expected to produce on BOTH ends of the rink. Rolston's not fantasy-worthy IMO but hopefully he can stay healthy and have a strong season with Bailey & Comeau.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Hipster Doofus

He can prob net 15+ goals 30-40 points. He'll be playing with a fairly offensive third line and PP point duty.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 01:49 PM
LAPPY13

15 goals and 35 points (give or take a little)

LAPPY13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares

vCash: 50
I agree with the mentioned 15 goals and 35 points. I can't wait to see him on the PP specifically though.

Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

9-17-26, -4

PP point, PK and puckpossession player.

A 'P' guy, so to speak...

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Doug Height
Okposwag

15-20-35 while bringing a solid defensive game.

Doug Height is online now   Reply With Quote