HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Home Opener

Old
10-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

vCash: 500
1st game with my new camera (Nikon p500). If anyone wants some shots of anyone specific let me know, i'll post em up later either way.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 02:49 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ18Sniper View Post
Will be in section 210 with my cousin and friend, hopefully we sell this one out!
I tried to get seats in 210 the day the tickets became available and I was told that they werent available. I usually sit 210 row c for the home openers.

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Islanders1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
1st game with my new camera (Nikon p500). If anyone wants some shots of anyone specific let me know, i'll post em up later either way.
Oh man, I do not want anyone specifically, but if you could show me the pictures that would be awesome, I would love to design a background using those pics

Islanders1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 03:05 PM
TheBoss22

Quote:
I was just thinking about buying that camera this morning.

Do you like it?

No problems bringing it to sporting events?

I already have a kick ass DSLR, but wouldn't mind getting a smaller point and shoot camera with an extended zoom and full HD.

TheBoss22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 03:40 PM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Went on ticketmaster, tons of tickets still available Where has this ****ing fanbase gone? I know **** around here has sucked for a long time, but there can't be just a few of us left that can find it within us to support this team on opening night, right?

Islanders fans suck. It makes me sad, honestly. Really does.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders1932 View Post
Oh man, I do not want anyone specifically, but if you could show me the pictures that would be awesome, I would love to design a background using those pics
Totally, Ill send you the whole folder of em if ya want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss22 View Post
I was just thinking about buying that camera this morning.

Do you like it?

No problems bringing it to sporting events?

I already have a kick ass DSLR, but wouldn't mind getting a smaller point and shoot camera with an extended zoom and full HD.
And the camera is AMAZING! I went on a trip through school this summer to Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands. I bought it the day before I left and I love it. The pictures come out so crisp, and so amazing. Has a burst feature where it takes 30 photos in less than a second. I have a sick progression of a humming bird beating its wings. Long story short, its the best point and shoot ive seen/used.

And no, no problems with sporting events. My friend was a kicker for the Patriots in the preseason so I tool like 348732 photos there haha.

Old
10-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Strome18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
Went on ticketmaster, tons of tickets still available Where has this ****ing fanbase gone? I know **** around here has sucked for a long time, but there can't be just a few of us left that can find it within us to support this team on opening night, right?

Lots are moving to southern pastures...retirement and such.

Strome18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Rangers1135

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurthe1 View Post
Lots are moving to southern pastures...retirement and such.

Yea, I think New York is losing a lot of people in the last few years, including my uncle. And in a few years my one other aunt and uncle will go down to Florida because of retirement. Who doesn't love NY?

Rangers1135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers1135 View Post
Yea, I think New York is losing a lot of people in the last few years, including my uncle. And in a few years my one other aunt and uncle will go down to Florida because of retirement. Who doesn't love NY?
The youth who are shipped upstate for school, only to return to find no jobs, high taxes, and no affordable housing.

Old
10-07-2011, 11:04 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Quote:
Nothing specific but definitely post some pictures!

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 11:34 PM
KyleBailey12

Not going to be able to make it this year. I'm upset because I'm in college upstate and I don't have the money to get down to the barn for the weekend, but when I do come home during thanksgiving/winter break, I'll be there.

KyleBailey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 11:43 PM
OpAck

I did a little easy math...there are 272 tickets available in the 100's and 200's...and 319 tickets available in the 300's. Not saying all sold tickets will have a butt sitting in the them...but still, nearly 600 seats available on Ticketmaster the night before the game. Not terrible and I think they can sell some of those seats tomorrow.

OpAck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 11:45 PM
nyisles131

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post

You want to see something more depressing -- check out the seats available on ticketmaster for Monday's game. yikes...

nyisles131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 11:57 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
This is surprising to you guys? Yeah we rarely sell out a game if any all season...

It sucks but it is what it is and if this team gets off to a good start and some hype surrounds them the people will show up.. As of now to the non die hard (and some die hards haha) this is still lottery team who might be moving soon. Winning solves all. About 19 hours til puck drops and I can't freaking wait!

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote