HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Isles sign Strome to ELC **Post #62 returned to Niagara**

Old
10-13-2011, 08:53 PM
StrongIslanders90

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct View Post
Brian Compton - NHL.com
Ryan Strome, who was on Long Island this morning, has a hat trick for Niagara tonight in his first junior game of the season.
I guess he doesnt feel jet lag..............i love this kid

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 08:54 PM
VT Isles Fan

Obviously showing it was the right decision to return him to junior

VT Isles Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 08:58 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Thank you for returning Strome. He was great tonight. 3 goals, and denied on several other chances. Chartrand (Bull's tender) stood on his head facing 53 shots. Most often when Strome was on the ice 5-on-5, it felt like a power play. A presence that was sorely missed to start the season.

notloilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 07:09 AM
Hip Of Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by notloilersfan View Post
Thank you for returning Strome. He was great tonight. 3 goals, and denied on several other chances. Chartrand (Bull's tender) stood on his head facing 53 shots. Most often when Strome was on the ice 5-on-5, it felt like a power play. A presence that was sorely missed to start the season.
Nice start for him, nice to see him back in juniors tearing it up. Now we need to do the same with Nino.

Hip Of Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 07:16 AM
Disgraced Cosmonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick View Post
Nice start for him, nice to see him back in juniors tearing it up. Now we need to do the same with Nino.
love to see the boy go back and produce. i don't think Nino will be returned though... unless we're tearing it up w/o him...

Disgraced Cosmonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:00 AM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT Isles Fan View Post
Obviously showing it was the right decision to return him to junior
I don't see how that makes any sense. I'm not saying I wanted him to stay in the NHL this year, but how does a guy scoring a hat trick in his first game back with his OHL team mean sending him down was the right decision? If we send Tavares to the OHL tomorrow and he scores a hat trick in his first game, does that mean sending him there was the right decision?

If anything, Strome is proving that the OHL isn't much of a challenge for him.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:28 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I don't see how that makes any sense. I'm not saying I wanted him to stay in the NHL this year, but how does a guy scoring a hat trick in his first game back with his OHL team mean sending him down was the right decision? If we send Tavares to the OHL tomorrow and he scores a hat trick in his first game, does that mean sending him there was the right decision?

It doesn't. But Strome might attest to the experience of training and watching the pros and learning when he went back down as a positive. Strome might also pose nude (I'd hope for boxers minimum for you to 100% unequivocally prove he's too small for the NHL. The point is he has to develop more but is closer than anyone else.

Want every prospect up and ready at the draft table? Draft only 21 year olds.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 02:26 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post

I think sending him down, was because he just isn't ready for NHL level play, and the hat trick shows that being sent down, did not effect his confidence. Some players take the demotion differently than others, for instance, Niederreiter struggled for a bit after his 9 games up, then he adjusted back to being a dominant power forward. Strome's immediate success may indeed show that because of his personality, it may have indeed been the right decision. Each player reacts differently to those situations. I kind of get what that poster meant.

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote