HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All Purpose Luongo Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2011, 07:33 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

vCash: 883
The All Purpose Luongo Thread

I'm sure everyone know about my Luongo posts this past summer but wow is this getting stupid.

The lack of respect and sheer bias from fans and media towards this guy is getting out of hand.

Picking a guy like Ryan Miller ahead of him (like the TsN panel just did) is borderline retarded. Especially with morons like Aaron Ward saying he is more consistent than Luongo. Did he see his terrible performance in the playoffs vs Philly? The one where he was outplayed by 3 backups?

A goalie who had a great playoffs besides 4 games in the finals, vezina nominee is apparently ranked 43rd.

I feel local media and Canuck fans have a right to question and criticize Lu but this national hate is getting sad.

Almost any team in the league would kill to have him.

If anything, it just makes me want to cheer for Lu more just to say **** you to everyone.

Last edited by LiquidSnake: 10-12-2011 at 09:23 PM.
Old
10-04-2011, 07:34 PM
VanEric

vCash: 500
It's better to get blitzed out of the playoffs early in a small market then make it all the way to Game 7 of the Finals and come up short.

That's what I've learned.

Also the only reason Luongo's job is in any sort of potential jeopardy/question here is because we have a first round draft pick that we'd been grooming for what feels like an eternity. If we still had Sabourin's or Sanford's or Labarbera's behind him, trade talk would be even more of a dead issue.

Old
10-04-2011, 07:37 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
It's better to get blitzed out of the playoffs early in a small market then make it all the way to Game 7 of the Finals and come up short.

That's what I've learned.
Never seen a goalie (Miller) live off 1 season so much since Jim Carey

Old
10-04-2011, 07:39 PM
hlrsr

Lu's Lack of Love or ... Love of Lack?

Old
10-04-2011, 07:39 PM
CCF23

Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
I'm sure everyone know about my Luongo posts this past summer but wow is this getting stupid.

The lack of respect and sheer bias from fans and media towards this guy is getting out of hand.

Picking a guy like Ryan Miller ahead of him (like the TsN panel just did) is borderline retarded. Especially with morons like Aaron Ward saying he is more consistent than Luongo. Did he see his terrible performance in the playoffs vs Philly? The one where he was outplayed by 3 backups?

A goalie who had a great playoffs besides 4 games in the finals, vezina nominee is apparently ranked 43rd.

I feel local media and Canuck fans have a right to question and criticize Lu but this national hate is getting sad.

Almost any team in the league would kill to have him.

If anything, it just makes me want to cheer for Lu more just to say **** you to everyone.

Preach.

Old
10-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Wisp

I like Luongo, really believe he has it in him to win us a cup, but...

I have no sympathy.

My opinion on this is if he's the world class athlete he thinks he is, he'll ignore the ******** and just put his best game out there.

If he can't, well, I'm wrong about him.

Old
10-04-2011, 07:44 PM
Tiranis

Is there another top player that puts up with this much crap from the media and the fans (from every single team)? Not even the Sedins got it this bad with the whole 'sisters' thing.

Old
10-04-2011, 07:45 PM
ddawg1950

Well maybe Lou pulls a Samuelson and just tells TSN to go fug themselves...and proceeds to win it all.

Of course, they still wouldn't give Lou any credit. He'd have to be wearing the Maple Leaf or Habitant sweater to get any real respect.

Old
10-04-2011, 07:46 PM
VanEric

This is why I really felt we were going to win that Game 7. It was setup perfectly for us to win and for Luongo to get zero credit.

Old
10-04-2011, 07:48 PM
bleedblack93

The treatment of him by media (and a lot of fans too, Vancouver ones even) is hilariously unfair and stupid. But, in a world full of unfairness, I don't think this is a big deal. If he can get over it and do his job, then that is everyone else's problem.

Old
10-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

If any of you read the most recent article on Canucks.com Ryan Kesler said something really good at the end of it

He said all that mattered to them was how good it felt to win in the WCF and how bad it made them feel to lose in the SCF

The guys will be back soon, more motivated than ever

Old
10-04-2011, 07:52 PM
Crows*

And price was listed as the 3rd best goalie on tsn what a joke.

Old
10-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Crows*

To add: I think this is a great advantage and spot for Lu to be in. For the first time in a long time .. People expect him to fail and that he's not cup calibre or vezina calibre. Even though he was nominated for the vezina and was 1 game from winning the cup. He wins game 7 and those stinkers are forgotton by the media and he's ranked number 2 probably . Top bad the team in front of him didn't show up.

The mindset for the team this year should be " go **** yourself"

This core proved they can get as far as possible .. Now it's us against the world.. **** everyone and win the cup.

Old
10-04-2011, 08:08 PM
petrishriekandgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
And price was listed as the 3rd best goalie on tsn what a joke.
Absolutely...

Old
10-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Flik
Canucks fan for life

As Canucks fans, why do we give a **** what anyone thinks?

Seriously, it is par for the course for the team to get little respect, and for people to revel in their misery.

Luongo is going to get it worse than anyone else because of his perceived (and unfortunately sometimes accurate) attitude in the media. It also doesn't help that when he flames out, he does it in such spectacular fashion, but anyone with any hockey sense at all would have to admit that he's our best (only...) option and a damn fine goalie when his head is straight.

Whatever the case, I'm probably going to be supporting the Canucks till the day I die, and won't care what the media types say. Or fans of other teams. Or even what some of the less level headed Canucks fans say.

Old
10-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
Also the only reason Luongo's job is in any sort of potential jeopardy/question here is because we have a first round draft pick that we'd been grooming for what feels like an eternity.
I thought Schneider was a second round pick.

Either way though, point taken. There will always be supporters and detractors; Schneider just gave a lot of guys who were undecided on Luongo a reason to feel more confident in moving Lou..... if it were possible..

Old
10-04-2011, 08:21 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Agreed 100%!! It's mindboggling how people are all over Ryan Miller calling him one of the best goalies in the NHL. Outside of ONE season he's been merely average. Same with Cam Ward. Those are two of the most overrated goalies in the league IMO.

As for Luongo. Easily a top 3 goalie. No doubt about it.

10-04-2011, 08:27 PM
Treefingers
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
I thought Schneider was a second round pick.

Either way though, point taken. There will always be supporters and detractors; Schneider just gave a lot of guys who were undecided on Luongo a reason to feel more confident in moving Lou..... if it were possible..
Nope. 26th overall in 2004.

Old
10-04-2011, 08:30 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

vCash: 50
He plays in a Cup starved city, there in only one way for him and any other core Canuck to really feel the "love".

Besides, everyone loves regular season Luongo. It's the painfully inconsistent playoff Luongo that people have a hard time loving.

For the record, I would not take Miller over Luongo either. That's not justifiable in any way.

Old
10-04-2011, 08:31 PM
YogiCanucks

Just remember after Game 5 against SJ

the 3 Canucks that were going to make their pitch for the Conn Smythe

- Kesler
- Bieksa
- Luongo

Old
10-04-2011, 08:36 PM
timorousme
luongod

you guys need to learn that it doesn't matter what other people are saying and just let it go

luongo's tsn ranking has absolutely no influence on anything ever

stop looking for people to pump the canuck's tires and just enjoy the hockey we've treated to over the years

Old
10-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Kagee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1950 View Post
Well maybe Lou pulls a Samuelson and just tells TSN to go fug themselves...and proceeds to win it all.
lol agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
If any of you read the most recent article on Canucks.com Ryan Kesler said something really good at the end of it

He said all that mattered to them was how good it felt to win in the WCF and how bad it made them feel to lose in the SCF

The guys will be back soon, more motivated than ever
That's a awesome quote.

As a goalie Luongo is entering his prime now, and he's playing real sharp actually! Its just up to the team to prove everyone wrong.

And agreed what others have said about who cares what other people think about the Canucks.

Old
10-04-2011, 09:17 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

I think it was someone on TSN that said something along the lines of: Luongo is seen by many as being mentally weak & the treatment he gets from our fans isn't helping him one bit.

I really have to agree with him. Luongo should be criticized but he shouldn't be crucified.

Old
10-04-2011, 09:20 PM
hlrsr

I think it was Elliotte Freidman who said Luongo is a guy who can't just let criticism roll off his back.

Pretty disappointing to hear really. I don't think all Canucks fans are ever going to come to a collective agreement to not hurt his feelings anymore.

Old
10-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Crows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrsr View Post
I think it was Elliotte Freidman who said Luongo is a guy who can't just let criticism roll off his back.

Pretty disappointing to hear really. I don't think all Canucks fans are ever going to come to a collective agreement to not hurt his feelings anymore.
Like when they told him people cheered when he was pulled. You could tell by his reaction it affected him. The reaction to his Thomas comments Also affected him. It's too bad.. Because when he's in a zone.. He is the best goalie in the world.

Closed Thread