HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Islanders sign former Ranger

Closed Thread

Old
08-25-2004, 10:46 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Islanders sign former Ranger

http://newyorkislanders.com/news/heisten082504.html

Barret Heisten signs with Islanders. Now I know this does not matter that much, but I find it strange that alot of the former Rangers that we thought sucked, alot of them are finding work.

Heisten
Herheema
Dwyer
Forbes
Pushor
Dusablon

Old
08-25-2004, 10:50 AM
nyr7andcounting

Yes, and thankfully they aren't finding work at MSG.

I thought Dusablon was solid last year, both in Hartford and in the few games he played with the Rangers. But, none of those players are of any value right now, so we shouldn't be dissapointed they are signing elsewhere.

Old
08-25-2004, 11:15 AM
303Joe

Heisten is headed to Bridgeport..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41

Barret Heisten signs with Islanders. Now I know this does not matter that much, but I find it strange that alot of the former Rangers that we thought sucked, alot of them are finding work.

Heisten
Herheema
Dwyer
Forbes
Pushor
Dusablon
the isles lost a few minor leaguers and hes going to play there unless theres some injuries.

Old
08-25-2004, 12:04 PM
Fletch

Yeah..

as minor leaguers. Heisten had 4 goals and 17 points in over 70 AHL games last season. While he's good defensively, there's no real place on an NHL roster for him, except for a grinding fourth liner, and I think there are many more better-suited for that position.

Old
08-25-2004, 12:41 PM
FrankieD

dale purinton should be an islander soon.

Old
08-25-2004, 12:50 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:

Heisten
Herheema
Dwyer
Forbes
Pushor
Dusablon
now there is a list of future hall of famers :lol

dude i too find it strange that other teams like our garbage.

Old
08-25-2004, 12:54 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Heisten
Herheema
Dwyer
Forbes
Pushor
Dusablon
err, yeah they find work but that doesn't mean they're any good or that they'll play in the NHL

i don't think there's any point in crying about guys like these getting signed by another team

Old
08-25-2004, 01:14 PM
NYIsles1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
now there is a list of future hall of famers :lol

dude i too find it strange that other teams like our garbage.
Actually Heisten is a twenty four year old first round selection of the Sabres, who played ten games for the Rangers. He has been in organizations that historically do not give young players a good look and is a physical left winger.

Likely a Bridgeport signing but if he can score it may be an NHL signing. Sure beats brining back Josh Green to play for the Rangers a second time. I would rather see his potential than Hlavac again.

Hlavac and Green are former Islander property, so is Steven Valiquette.

Old
08-25-2004, 01:18 PM
JR#9*

Heisten is a minor leaguer----end of story.

Old
08-25-2004, 01:42 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYIsles1
Actually Heisten is a twenty four year old first round selection of the Sabres, who played ten games for the Rangers. He has been in organizations that historically do not give young players a good look and is a physical left winger.

Likely a Bridgeport signing but if he can score it may be an NHL signing. Sure beats brining back Josh Green to play for the Rangers a second time. I would rather see his potential than Hlavac again.

Come on. Let's not go overboard on Heisten here. He also has had ample time to stick with an NHL team (if not an organization).

And Josh Green played very good hockey for the Rangers his second time around.

Old
08-25-2004, 01:44 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Heisten sucks. End of story. He'll never be an NHL regular on anything more than a 4th line role, if that.

Old
08-25-2004, 01:55 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:

wow ten games you got me. :lol

the guy sucks lets face it. i'm not mr anti-islander i don't take pot shots at an organization that will be playing in portland in a few years. will it make you feel better if i say hlavac sucks or wait how about josh green? oh isn't time to remind us how nyc was wrapped up in stanley cup fever 24 years ago? :lol

Old
08-25-2004, 02:59 PM
in the hall

Quote:

I can not believe I just read a fluff post about Barret Heisten. Has it come to this Islander fans?

Old
08-25-2004, 04:54 PM
NYIsles1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Come on. Let's not go overboard on Heisten here. He also has had ample time to stick with an NHL team (if not an organization).

And Josh Green played very good hockey for the Rangers his second time around.
I'm not sure I'm going overboard when I write a player who is likely an AHL signing could see some NHL time if he can score, he's only twenty four and a first round pick. This is not a Jim Campbell kind of signing nor am I saying he is going to become a star.

Granted Josh Green did look good in his second turn with the Rangers but he has had a lot of looks in several organizations but he is 26, which is beyond prospect status, granted he has had lot's of injury problems. Heisten interest me because he has not had a real good look with Buffalo, the Rangers or Dallas. At this time there does not seem to be a spot with the Islanders either.

SOS, you come to the Isles boards and post topics about our team moving to Brooklyn and your given the benefit of the doubt. My posting was not intended to be anti-Ranger at all, it was about three left wings who were prospects for both the Isles and Rangers at different stages.

Last edited by NYIsles1*: 08-25-2004 at 04:58 PM.
Old
08-25-2004, 05:00 PM
Edge

NY Isles - I gotta disagree on this one if only because Heisten's offense has seemingly gone down the tubes the past few years. He did make the team right out of juniors but it looks more and more like he just played the hockey of his life to get that. I believe his father died not too long after that and he was never the same. He wandered around Hartford lost and the years in Dallas haven't been much kinder.

While there certainly still is a chance for him, it's becoming a bigger long shot all the time. Josh Green, for all his flaws at least put up half way decent numbers in the AHL and showed a slight scoring touch at the NHL. He's also 6'4, 215 pounds.

Heisten at this point might be a third line AHL'er, but that's probably about it. He's a former first round pick so someone will take a chance on him, but I wouldn't count on it.

Old
08-25-2004, 07:11 PM
NYR469

Quote:

signing with other ahl teams doesn't mean that they are worth anything at the nhl level...there are lots of players in the ahl that are nothing more than depth players

the rangers have given up plenty of guys over the years that we can regret, NONE of the players on that list are included...i won't lose any sleep over losing heisten and dusablon

Old
08-25-2004, 11:20 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
I'm not sure I'm going overboard when I write a player who is likely an AHL signing could see some NHL time if he can score, he's only twenty four and a first round pick. This is not a Jim Campbell kind of signing nor am I saying he is going to become a star.

Granted Josh Green did look good in his second turn with the Rangers but he has had a lot of looks in several organizations but he is 26, which is beyond prospect status, granted he has had lot's of injury problems. Heisten interest me because he has not had a real good look with Buffalo, the Rangers or Dallas. At this time there does not seem to be a spot with the Islanders either.

SOS, you come to the Isles boards and post topics about our team moving to Brooklyn and your given the benefit of the doubt. My posting was not intended to be anti-Ranger at all, it was about three left wings who were prospects for both the Isles and Rangers at different stages.
wow i really went out on a limb and suggested the islanders should consider a move to brooklyn. I mean because they are sure to get a new arena from nassau county

i didn't realize asking the islanders fans a fair question could ever be considered trollying. hey why not bring up my posts to islanders fans asking about the history of the team? oh that would be the fair thing to do.

Quote:
"Sure beats brining back Josh Green to play for the Rangers a second time. I would rather see his potential than Hlavac again."
yeah the tone of your post looks really pro ranger

who are you trying to kid? you saw rangers fans slam a guy that signed with the islanders and tried to throw it in there face that two islanders rejects played for the rangers.

ps hlavac and green are not even under contract anymore.

Old
08-26-2004, 02:07 PM
NYIsles1*

Quote:
wow i really went out on a limb and suggested the islanders should consider a move to brooklyn. I mean because they are sure to get a new arena from nassau county

i didn't realize asking the islanders fans a fair question could ever be considered trollying. hey why not bring up my posts to islanders fans asking about the history of the team? oh that would be the fair thing to do.
You had your Brooklyn Islander postings twice and you made your points how was it not fair? You made it clear you were not there to troll (and you were not obligated to) when you presented your points and were very good about it like you wanted to talk hockey. Why should I have had any problem with your viewpoint?

I will say this, when you tell me now they are moving to Portland here now you come off like you were a troll and could have cared less about your fair question back then today, it's disappointing.

Quote:
yeah the tone of your post looks really pro ranger
My tone? This is cyberspace, you have no idea what my tone is. It does not have to be pro or anti-anything, it's a hockey discussion board. How many former Islanders and Rangers have played in the others organizations? Countless.

Quote:
who are you trying to kid? you saw rangers fans slam a guy that signed with the islanders and tried to throw it in there face that two islanders rejects played for the rangers.
I saw a thread about the Islanders signing someone and made points that were objective and used players in your own organization who were former Islanders also who played the same position at a later age. The Sabres have the same topic on their board and they drafted Heisten. I also wrote Heisten was not expected to be an NHL player but at 24 he could still become an NHL player, that's about it, if Heisten were Green's age or Hlavac's age I would make no point about his drafted potential any longer because that is a fair amont of time to get a look, one I do not think he has had yet.

Quote:
ps hlavac and green are not even under contract anymore.
I know that, so why are you so offended that I used them as comparisions? All three have been available to every NHL team for the better part of a few years now, several times over.

Last edited by NYIsles1*: 08-26-2004 at 02:21 PM.
Closed Thread