HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

**Official** NHL 12 EASHL Teams Thread: V2.0

Closed Thread

Old
12-19-2011, 05:43 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Allu and CS:

Hannibal and I played with a really good defenseman (who was also a Quebecois), and he says he can sub as a goaltender only if the team is good in front of him. We'd like to give him an invite to tryout for the club, so let us know what you guys think.
We'll see how we work as a unit. I'd like to start playing more five-player games instead of watching CPU players carelessly give away the puck. If we all work well with the D you played with, we could have;

JB-Allurey-Hannibal
Me-Him

Again though, I want to determine a time everyone can be on. Tired of playing 3 man games. If we have to, we should recruit a few more guys and learn a system instead of running around in circles all the time. I was playing with Team HF and they had a system that worked wonders. So I suggest heading over to their thread and finding the graphs that Natey posted and stick to the positioning he wrote. We'll win a lot more games that way.

Old
12-19-2011, 05:59 PM
Habitants

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyK View Post
So much for complaining about breaking teams. Jack who was all bout fun decided to have a smaller teams because of chem issues is recruiting. . If anyone here want to create a club open to everyone let me know. ill be fairly active. im finally done my basement
yeah this type of thing happens every yr.

id be in to join, and also my friend. we have been playing cod pretty much all the time though, but we will switch back to hockey at some point lol.

Old
12-19-2011, 06:06 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
We'll see how we work as a unit. I'd like to start playing more five-player games instead of watching CPU players carelessly give away the puck. If we all work well with the D you played with, we could have;

JB-Allurey-Hannibal
Me-Him

Again though, I want to determine a time everyone can be on. Tired of playing 3 man games. If we have to, we should recruit a few more guys and learn a system instead of running around in circles all the time. I was playing with Team HF and they had a system that worked wonders. So I suggest heading over to their thread and finding the graphs that Natey posted and stick to the positioning he wrote. We'll win a lot more games that way.
I'd actually love to see this.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
12-19-2011, 06:07 PM
Rbk
MontrealCulinary*****

Send a message via MSN to Rbk Send a message via Skype™ to Rbk
Quote:
So much for complaining about breaking teams. Jack who was all bout fun decided to have a smaller teams because of chem issues is recruiting. . If anyone here want to create a club open to everyone let me know. ill be fairly active. im finally done my basement
Me and Eddy just made one called The UnChemist

Old
12-19-2011, 07:47 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Sorry man.

Last edited by Jack Bourdain: 12-19-2011 at 08:06 PM.
Old
12-19-2011, 07:54 PM
Bud2790

I'm assuming you're talking about these CS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post

NOTES
- As you can see, both breakouts are flipped, depending on which side the puck is on. q
OFFSIDE D: As the play moves over towards the opposite side of the ice, this defenseman needs to slide into the middle of the blueline. This opens up the defense for a 1-timer (or a wrist shot, depending on what you look) or to simply send it down to the left side to regroup from that side.
PUCKSIDE D: As the puck comes to your side, you will move to the boards. This way, the winger has an easy pass to the point (and it’s not going to go to our end). This defenseman can simply push the puck back down to the right winger, take a shot, move it to his defensive partner (be careful here), or just toss it into the corner.
OFFSIDE WINGER: You want to be able to get behind the net if the winger wants to the reverse the play, but you also want to be in a position where you can score. If your general positioning is where it shows on the board you will be available for passes and for the behind the net pass. If the offside d-man gets a 1-timer, it’s your job to cover his point until he’s back in position.
PUCK SIDE WINGER: You have the puck, the game is on your stick. If you see the center or offside defenseman open for a shot, go for it. If you see the cross 1-timer pass to the offside winger open take it (don’t try to throw it through 15 guys). If you have a lane to the net for an easy shot, take it if you wish. If you have nothing open, simply reverse (much like defenseman, say REVERSE on the mic, which will allow your left winger to know to get behind the net) or throw it up to the defenseman on the point.
CENTER: Float around in the high slot. If a winger gets pinned to the boards down low, try to support him and give him an a lot. If the puckside defenseman pinches in to keep the puck in the zone, circle back and cover him on defense until the he gets back.

- If our system had one word to describe it - it's basically going to be "smart." Basically, we are going to try to make the smart play, make the high percentage plays and leave the low percentage plays for teams who aren't as good as us. If we play smart, play good defense (THIS IS VERY KEY), we're going to be a very good team. We are going to capitalize on mistakes and score just as many goals, no doubt in my mind. But if we are defensively responsible, we are going to force the other team to make more mistakes because they will become frustrated.

POWERPLAY: I think this set-up will work fine on the Powerplay, except the center will have more freedom to go deeper as we will have the extra player on the ice. This same set-up would work perfectly for a 5 on 3 since we will be able to open the seems very easily for a cross-slot pass to the winger or center.
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post

NOTES
- This is pretty basic and should help us greatly on defense.

- Play our position. I've outlined, with your colour, the area that you should be while in the defensive zone 95% of the time! It's that simple.
WINGERS: You're responsible for the point men. We need to watch them. Other teams do have guys like Gator who can score with ease from the point. The offside winger should be in the high slot, while the puckside winger should be covering the point.
CENTER: Again, you have the most freedom, but also the most responsibility. Most importantly, you need to watch the slot. You will also need to cover the PUCKSIDE defenseman if he cashes into the corner. We are going to try to eliminate chasing as much as possible, but if it happens, cycle down into their spot until they return.
DEFENSEMAN: It's pretty simple to know what you're supposed to do. TRY AS HARD AS POSSIBLE NOT TO CHASE! Protect the side of the net and the front of the net. Tie guys up in front of the net. And hit any guy about to get a cross crease pass (you will never get a penalty, and even a slight bump usually messes up their shot).

ATTENTION

If you have any plays, simple draw it out on the play board below, give detailed instructions on what each player does, and SEND IT TO ME VIA PM! Anything sent to me will be considered for POWERPLAY, PENALTY KILL, AND ANY OTHER OFFENSIVE STRATEGIES AND/OR PLAYS!

Old
12-19-2011, 09:41 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:

JB-Allurey-Hannibal
Me-Him

The other guy bailed. I think this would work too:

stldevs/Daft-JB-Allurey (Mainly because Allurey feels that he won't win faceoffs against good teams + delay)

CS-Hannibal

Anyways, all 3 of stl, me and Allu can play C, so we have that covered. We need to get some help on defense if possible.

I'm down to get a system started along what natey wrote.

---

Most importantly, we need to get a schedule. Allurey asked me if we could come online sooner (I usually play from 9 to 11). I can do 6 PM soonest, which is midnight for him. I'm guessing if people aren't done dinner by then, we could push it to 7? That way, we'd get a 7-10 (3 hours) period, for him it would be 1-4AM, which isn't so bad apparently since he stays up until 6 sometimes.

Old
12-19-2011, 09:57 PM
One Trick Pony

Old
12-19-2011, 10:06 PM
Habitants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbk View Post
Me and Eddy just made one called The UnChemist
cool ill send join request once i get back into nhl

Old
12-19-2011, 10:16 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
That looks plausible in real life, but in NHL 12, if everyone collapses, and leaves 1-2 players un-challenged, fluke passes that go through 2-3 defenders can easily result in one timers.

Old
12-20-2011, 10:54 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud2790 View Post
I'm assuming you're talking about these CS?
That's what we followed in Team HF.

I played 10 games with them, we won 9 of those (lost to Elite Champs, we were leading until the third period) and I finished with just two assists but +18.

Seriously, if you stick to a game plan and one that works well, you'll find yourself winning a lot more games.

As for scheduling, no promises with coming on at 7 and staying until 10. I have three kids, supper to make and homework to help out with. I can't dedicate three hours a night to gaming every single night, especially since that's the time Habs also play. I'll be on more sporadically but likely will play with you guys maybe once out of the five work days.

Old
12-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
That's what we followed in Team HF.

I played 10 games with them, we won 9 of those (lost to Elite Champs, we were leading until the third period) and I finished with just two assists but +18.

Seriously, if you stick to a game plan and one that works well, you'll find yourself winning a lot more games.

As for scheduling, no promises with coming on at 7 and staying until 10. I have three kids, supper to make and homework to help out with. I can't dedicate three hours a night to gaming every single night, especially since that's the time Habs also play. I'll be on more sporadically but likely will play with you guys maybe once out of the five work days.
Lol obviously take care of your kids before you take care of NHL 12 .

Old
12-20-2011, 11:55 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Lol obviously take care of your kids before you take care of NHL 12 .
Spoken like someone who doesn't have kids

Old
12-20-2011, 11:59 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Spoken like someone who doesn't have kids
Spoken like a... global mod.

Congrats :

Old
12-20-2011, 12:02 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

hah, thanks. And that being said, time for thread #3. You should reserve the 2nd post for roster purposes if you'd like.

Closed Thread