Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Viktor Tikhonov

Old
10-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Flameshomer

vCash: 500
Viktor Tikhonov

Viktor Tikhonov has been waived by the coyotes. I'd like to see the Flames try this guy out. Thoughts?

Flameshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 05:55 PM
FLAMES666

vCash: 1800
I think his stock has dropped, he looks to be nothing more then a 4th line player. Probably head to the KHL

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 06:09 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

vCash: 150
Might be good for the Heat.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 2403
I'm not sure, I wouldn't mind him on the Heat. He would add good depth but I have a feeling there might better guys over the next week that get waived that I would prefer the Flames to try and claim. If they claim Tikonov, then they go to the back of the list for the next claim they put in if an opportunity presents itself. We have similar role players like him already.

If no one claims Tikonov, does anyone know if the Flames could just sign him to a contract?

On another note, does anyone know if Meyer cleared waivers? I am pretty sure he did.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I'm not sure, I wouldn't mind him on the Heat. He would add good depth but I have a feeling there might better guys over the next week that get waived that I would prefer the Flames to try and claim. If they claim Tikonov, then they go to the back of the list for the next claim they put in if an opportunity presents itself. We have similar role players like him already.

If no one claims Tikonov, does anyone know if the Flames could just sign him to a contract?

On another note, does anyone know if Meyer cleared waivers? I am pretty sure he did.
Tikhonov is under contract with Coyotes; not being claimed won't change that. If he goes through waivers unclaimed, his choices are to report to the Coyotes farm team or not to report, and likely flee to Russia. He will still remain the property of the Coyotes.

If the Flames do claim him he does have to remain on their NHL roster. If they want to send him to down to the Heat, he has to go through waivers again.

Tikhonov isn't better than any of the Flames current wingers and if he can't make a offensively challenged Phoenix team, I don't see any place for him in Calgary. Personally, I would have preferred a claim on Hamill.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Flamesfan 26

I've always liked him. He does have talent but he's had issues transitioning it to the NHL. I would love to give him a shot with the Flames.

Flamesfan 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

pass

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 09:32 PM
tmurfin
So Good! Mony Mony!

I think he plans to head to the KHL if he isn't in the NHL, which he wouldnt be if the flames claimed him so pass..

Brule would be interesting if we didnt have a **** load of C's

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 12:06 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
Tikhonov is under contract with Coyotes; not being claimed won't change that. If he goes through waivers unclaimed, his choices are to report to the Coyotes farm team or not to report, and likely flee to Russia. He will still remain the property of the Coyotes.

If the Flames do claim him he does have to remain on their NHL roster. If they want to send him to down to the Heat, he has to go through waivers again.
Right, I actually knew that. Drinking wine does funny to the brain lol!

Old
10-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Flameshomer

What about Brett MacLean!!

Flameshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameshomer View Post
What about Brett MacLean!!
Brett MacLean, absolutely. Kinda shocking he fell off that much on the radar for the Coyotes. Wish we could of just got him in the Langkow deal. He is totally a player the Flames should try and claim, I am almost positive someone else will claim him. Wonder where we are on the pecking order for the waiver wire. By Feaster's offseason comments, this is a player I could see him being interested in.

Old
10-05-2011, 06:15 PM
neo45

Flames most definitely should put in a claim. Bad thing is a lot of teams likely will as well.

Does MacLean have a contract right now? If he is an RFA, does that mean the Flames (or any team) can claim him, sign him, and assign him without putting him on waivers again?

neo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 06:38 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45 View Post
Flames most definitely should put in a claim. Bad thing is a lot of teams likely will as well.

Does MacLean have a contract right now? If he is an RFA, does that mean the Flames (or any team) can claim him, sign him, and assign him without putting him on waivers again?
No, any team that claimed him would have to put him through waivers again before he could be assigned.

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

The Flames would likely need to make a trade to fit him in. I would send Moss away. Moss is useful, but he is very replaceable and would get us a good return (2nd round pick, mid level prospect). Another option would be to move Bourque, he would also fetch a really nice return. I like Bourque alot, but his inconsistancy drives me insane. I would also move him for the right deal.

MacLean is exactly the direction this team should be moving towards. I really hope we land him.

Old
10-05-2011, 09:48 PM
MarkGio

Very few players have been picked up by the massive amounts of players put on waivers the last few days. I think GM's have some unwritten rule about stealing players off waivers this time of year, unless it's in ok'd, because most teams are simply trying to place their players into the farm team.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 11:50 PM
GoFlames

no thanks. We have lots of 4th liners... no need for more unless in the AHL

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 12:46 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
Very few players have been picked up by the massive amounts of players put on waivers the last few days. I think GM's have some unwritten rule about stealing players off waivers this time of year, unless it's in ok'd, because most teams are simply trying to place their players into the farm team.
I find it amusing how many posters on this board will immediately jump to conspiracy theories or secret handshake deals when they think something odd is happening.

The simple fact is that almost all of the players that have been waived are simply unfit for NHL duty. And importantly, every single NHL team is filled with players like these, so unless a GM or coach has a personal connection to a player being waived (as in they've either had their eye on someone for a while like Weise in Vancouver or they've coached the player before and feel they can get something more out of him), they would rather go with their own in house projects, instead of wasting a contract spot, a roster spot, an NHL salary and finally a waiver fee on other teams refuse.

Last edited by Calculon: 10-06-2011 at 01:47 AM.
Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote