HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

2011-12 CIS Regular Season & Results

Old
11-13-2011, 11:51 AM
SnipeShow91

vCash: 500
Ravens 3, RMC 2 in overtime friday night
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP63NHHJG8g

SnipeShow91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:51 AM
doogie24

Went to Laurier @ UWO on Saturday, it was very lopsided. UWO has very nice depth obviously, and it doesn't look like they will have problems scoring goals. With that being said...

Josh Unice scares the hell out of me, and considering his less than stellar resume, you have to wonder if this team will win anything with him as the starter.

I hope he proves me wrong, but I think its a legitimate question.

doogie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 05:05 PM
SnipeShow91

Ottawa 3 @ RMC 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2_6tvsBRIA

SnipeShow91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 06:03 AM
northvanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogie24 View Post
Went to Laurier @ UWO on Saturday, it was very lopsided. UWO has very nice depth obviously, and it doesn't look like they will have problems scoring goals. With that being said...

Josh Unice scares the hell out of me, and considering his less than stellar resume, you have to wonder if this team will win anything with him as the starter.

It will be interesting to see if Western can build on this game against Laurier. Western had a very good team last year that I felt often underachieved, played just well enough to win, and rarely played 60 minutes of hockey - there were numerous occasions where they built up early leads and let the other teams back in, or gave up early leads and had claw back in the third. This eventually caught up with them in the Queen's Cup against McGill. So far this year I've seen the same pattern - they coughed up 4-1 and 2-0 leads in their two extra time losses against Nipissing and Windsor respecitvely, and blew a 2-0 lead against Waterloo in a game last week that they eventually won.

I know what you mean about Unice and, unlike that past couple of years where Singer has more or less split the goaltending duties between two keepers, he's using more of a starter/backup model with Unice and Valiquette this year.

northvanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 10:22 PM
blackmarketmob

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogie24 View Post

I watched this game on the stream option. A blowout is definately a good description, seeing as how the score was 9-1 at one point.

Unice is definately a big of a question mark. As it has been posted, he posted good numbers on the OHL Champion Rangers and Spitfires, and poor numbers when those teams were not quite as strong. Western typically controls the play in the OUA, giving their goalies few shots against, and most from poor positions. If Western wants to compete with the top teams in the country, they will need good goaltending as their goaltenders will no longer be sheltered, as Western will be a team chasing the puck as much as they control it if they play a team such as AUS winner. I personally thought Valiquette and Unice would be splitting duties, not in a traditional #1/backup role as discussed in the post above.

blackmarketmob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 08:51 PM
AUS Fan

Acadia- Dal

The good news is that Dal only gave up 4 goals; the bad news is that they only scored 2.

Down 2-1 after one period, DAL scored 20 seconds into the second period to even the score. Acadia scored 2 in the third to get the victory.
Chris Owens with 1G and 3A led the way for the Axe.

Acadia did not look like the same team that defeated UNB last weekend especially in the 2nd period where they looked awful.

DAL played their usual game of hanging around and taking advantage of opportunities when the chance arose.

Acadia comes back to Halifax Saturday night to face SMU while DAL visits SFX.

Game notes: Ben Breault was not wearing an `A` tonight. I was sure he had one earlier in the year.

AUS Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 09:26 PM
gleanerguy

UdeM takes over first place in the AUS with a 3-2 win over STU; goal with 1:23 left by Marc-Andre Cote on a STU turnover in the zone. UNB loses 3-2 to UPEI, leaving Moncton at 9-2 in first place and setting up first place showdown in Fredericton Sunday afternoon. Referees ruined the first period: nine minor penalties, including a couple of extended 5-on-3s for STU early to take a 2-0 lead; Moncton gets two back on the pp before the end of the period. Moncton has a lot of skill. STU: hard work, one breakdown. Had a pp chance and the net empty with 47 secs left, a couple of chances, couldn't tie it. Good game, 680 people there, including a few UNB ex pats who stopped in to see what all the excitement around STU is about. Sets up a good meeting next Friday at STU's home rink. UNB has won 28 straight, but with goaltending issues, and with STU working hard and disciplined...it could go either way.

gleanerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 09:57 PM
Alpine

UdeM had Pierre-Luc Chiasson in the line-up tonight.
He plays Senior league for Lameque and is from Caraquet. Does he attend the main campus in Moncton or the Shippagan campus?
Seems like a long commute to play in Lameque when he could play in Memramcook or Bouctouche.
Les Aigles also had Jean-Marc Leger in the line-up who plays for Dieppe Commandos of the Maritime Jr League. But that's not really unusual as a call-up.

Last edited by Alpine: 11-18-2011 at 10:08 PM.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 01:20 PM
cishockeyfan

I cringe when any team I cheer for or played for, visits the Island to play any team in any level of Hockey, hard to win over the Homer Referee System there. Evident last night for the Reds, 34 minutes in penalties for UNB and 10 minutes for UPEI, UPEI had 9 Power Plays. Suddenly UNB Looks vulnerable losing 3 of their past 5 Games. Why Is Seamus Bowen listed as the UNB Goalie???

Should be a Dandy at the Aitken Center tomorrow with Les Aigles in town who claimed via Twitter they know how to beat UNB now, after Losing to the Reds 6-3 in Moncton.

Im Looking forward to the UNB STU Game next Friday I'm disappointed Chris Van Lauren will not be in the Lineup, hoping Morehouse is.

Has Gaudet played for Moncton since the Hit he took? Watching the Video, the Hit was a little High, but i don't think it was 8 games Worthy. the Slash After definitely wasn't worth any suspension should have been just a penalty

cishockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 01:38 PM
timbitca

Quote:
Originally Posted by cishockeyfan View Post
I cringe when any team I cheer for or played for, visits the Island to play any team in any level of Hockey, hard to win over the Homer Referee System there. Evident last night for the Reds, 34 minutes in penalties for UNB and 10 minutes for UPEI, UPEI had 9 Power Plays. Suddenly UNB Looks vulnerable losing 3 of their past 5 Games. Why Is Seamus Bowen listed as the UNB Goalie???

Should be a Dandy at the Aitken Center tomorrow with Les Aigles in town who claimed via Twitter they know how to beat UNB now, after Losing to the Reds 6-3 in Moncton.

Im Looking forward to the UNB STU Game next Friday I'm disappointed Chris Van Lauren will not be in the Lineup, hoping Morehouse is.

Has Gaudet played for Moncton since the Hit he took? Watching the Video, the Hit was a little High, but i don't think it was 8 games Worthy. the Slash After definitely wasn't worth any suspension should have been just a penalty
Say what? Can you show me that tweet? All I've seen lately is people taking shots at us via Twitter, nothing the other way around. Not denying it, must have slipped under my radar. Just curious.

As for Gaudet. No he hasn't played yet, and while he's in pretty darn good shape considering the mess he looked to be in the night of the incident there's likely 0 chance we'll be seeing him before Christmas break. He has returned to school and started doing physical exercise but still hasn't laced 'em up since the hit. I sort of agree with your view of the suspensions too. Say the right call had been made on the ice like you suggest and Quesnel would have gotten a 2, 4 or even a Game Misconduct and wouldn't have ended up with a stupid 4-game suspension, I'd have been satisfied with Van Laren getting the 4 game suspension warranted by the Match Penalty and the extra 2 regular season games left after that, if even those 2 extras. But seeing as Quesnel got 4 for that and the league wanted nothing to do with reducing that, I think they had to go more games for Van Laren. But on the other hand this is exactly the type of hit various governing bodies have been trying to eliminate from the game in the last few years so on that side I think they made the right choice. It was a high hit and he never saw him coming at all.

timbitca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 01:41 PM
timbitca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
UdeM had Pierre-Luc Chiasson in the line-up tonight.
He plays Senior league for Lameque and is from Caraquet. Does he attend the main campus in Moncton or the Shippagan campus?
Seems like a long commute to play in Lameque when he could play in Memramcook or Bouctouche.
Les Aigles also had Jean-Marc Leger in the line-up who plays for Dieppe Commandos of the Maritime Jr League. But that's not really unusual as a call-up.
Pier-Luc is attending the Moncton campus, he's completing his Law studies. He had come out for training camp in September but deemed his studies more important and too time consuming.

Old
11-19-2011, 02:40 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

Quote:
If that is true it is kind of funny coming from a team who hasn't beat UNB in almost 3 years (11 straights losses I believe). I guess there is nothing wrong with having that kind of confidence though. I expect tomorrow to be a tight game that could go either way...wouldn't overly surprise me to see Moncton come out on top (afterall, they are in 1st for a reason).

UNB Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 08:04 PM
Rob

AUS:

UPEI 6 STU 3
Acadia 4 SMU 2
STFX 5 Dal 3

X won with a late goal to take the lead. Outshot Dal 2 to 1. Must be a relief for Peddle. He looked really stressed last week against STU.

Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 08:53 PM
AUS Fan

Didn't see Breault on the boxscore. He couldn't have had an exam today/tonight.

Did he quit??

Theberge was also out tonight. He took a hard hit last night and left the game with what looked like a shoulder injury. Tough year for Dal with injuries.

Old
11-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Rob

UNB 2 Moncton 1

Battle for first place in the AUS. VReds outshot them 46-16 so obviously they carried the play for most of the game. However, a lot of the shots were from outside the perimeter so it wasn't like complete domination. Marion was able to stop every shot he could see. Lacosta played well making one big save off of a two on one in the third.

UNB was getting frustated as Moncton led 1-0 halfway through the third. Bailey finally scored on a screen shot and Nesbit got the power play winner shortly after.

Old
11-20-2011, 04:05 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

Quote:
If Moncton supposedly "knows how to beat UNB now" they sure had a funny way of showing it today, or maybe they are waiting until the 2nd half of the season?

If their "plan" involves:

1) Scoring one goal, aided in large part by a hobbled UNB d-man who took a shot off his leg and was basically rendered useless for the rest of the play, basically giving Moncton a 5 on 4 advantage.
2) Generating literally one other good scoring chance the entire game, on a 2 on 1 that LaCosta had to make a great save on.
3) Relying on their goaltender to make 8-10 great saves.
4) Getting outshot 46-16.

....they might want to try something new since I can't imagine them winning many games by playing the way they did today. Yes I know they were missing two of their top offensive players, but the 2-1 final score is very flattering to UdeM.

Last edited by UNB Bruins Fan: 11-20-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old
11-20-2011, 04:09 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
VReds outshot them 46-16 so obviously they carried the play for most of the game. However, a lot of the shots were from outside the perimeter so it wasn't like complete domination.
Well when you have 46 shots undoubtedly alot of them will come from the perimeter, but I also thought they had a number of great chances from in close as well. I know the final score might not show it, and they had to rally late to get the win, but I thought this was one of UNB's best games thus far. The D finally looked like they did last year as UdeM couldn't get anything going offensively.

Old
11-20-2011, 04:26 PM
AUS Fan

"I expect tomorrow to be a tight game that could go either way...wouldn't overly surprise me to see Moncton come out on top (afterall, they are in 1st for a reason)."

"they might want to try something new since I can't imagine them winning many games by playing the way they did today. Yes I know they were missing two of their top offensive players, but the 2-1 final score is very flattering to UdeM. "

Which is it??? Or are you just padding your post stats?

Old
11-20-2011, 04:28 PM
STUTOMMIES

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNB Bruins Fan View Post
... but I thought this was one of UNB's best games thus far. The D finally looked like they did last year as UdeM couldn't get anything going offensively.
And STU is in for more of the same.

STUTOMMIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 04:29 PM
STUTOMMIES

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS Fan View Post
Didn't see Breault on the boxscore. He couldn't have had an exam today/tonight.

Did he quit??

Theberge was also out tonight. He took a hard hit last night and left the game with what looked like a shoulder injury. Tough year for Dal with injuries.
Have you heard anything on Breault AUS Fan?

STUTOMMIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 04:43 PM
Rob

Who is out hurt for Moncton right now?

Old
11-20-2011, 04:48 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS Fan View Post
"I expect tomorrow to be a tight game that could go either way...wouldn't overly surprise me to see Moncton come out on top (afterall, they are in 1st for a reason)."

"they might want to try something new since I can't imagine them winning many games by playing the way they did today. Yes I know they were missing two of their top offensive players, but the 2-1 final score is very flattering to UdeM. "

Which is it??? Or are you just padding your post stats?
I'm sorry...I don't know how you got confused but let me try to explain it better...

Going into the game I said it wouldn't have surprised me if Moncton won since I expected it to be a tight checking game with the shots/territorial play to be pretty close. In that case one bounce/great play/break would probably be the difference. UdeM is in 1st place so they are obviously very good so I figured the odds of them getting that one big play were just as good as UNB, especially considering how things have gone lately for them (in their last three game they have 2 OT wins and a late goal against STU on Friday to get the win). They seem to be making those big plays so far this year, even more-so lately.

However, after watching the game and seeing how bad UNB outplayed UdeM I said that the close 2-1 score flattered Moncton since UNB dominated in shots/scoring chances/time of possession...pretty much everything but the score. I certainly didn't expect UNB to outplay them the way they did. Yes, it was close in terms of score (which didn't surprise me) but it could've, and probably should've, been much worse (which did surprise me). Honestly, the only reason it wasn't was because of Marion. I'm sure even they weren't thrilled with their performance.

Last edited by UNB Bruins Fan: 11-20-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Old
11-20-2011, 04:58 PM
AUS Fan

I knew what you meant. I was just being a dick and yanking your chain.

Boring day today.

Old
11-20-2011, 05:07 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUTOMMIES View Post
And STU is in for more of the same.
Hey, ya never know...that's the beauty of sports. STU has been keeping their games close and like I just got finished saying, it only takes one play/misplay in a tight game to make the difference. Between STU's improved play and the fact they are playing each other for the first time so late into the season I can't remember the last time I was looking forward to a STU/UNB game as much as I am for the one on Friday. The LBR should be rockin'. Should be pretty intense.

Old
11-20-2011, 08:41 PM
timbitca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Who is out hurt for Moncton right now?
Chris Gaudet
Mathieu Labrie
Keven Charland

Alex Quesnel served the last game of his suspension today.

And UNB Bruins Fan, I still don't know where you got that we 'know how to beat UNB' and it doesn't matter, but fact is every team KNOWS how to beat any other team, just knowing how and executing it isn't exactly the same.

Better team won today, plain and simple. I still thought we played a good game today against a better team, whatever you almighty unb fans may think; sure Marion probably has a big part of the score being only 2-1 but last I checked goalies are part of the team and they're allowed to win the odd game now and then. Should probably have gotten player of the game too.