HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

2011-12 CIS Regular Season & Results

Old
12-16-2011, 11:40 PM
RED ARMY EAST

vCash: 500
Alberta pounds the Danish National juniors 5-0 and 8-3.

RED ARMY EAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 12:54 PM
HabsIslesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS Fan View Post
Game notes: SMU forward Stephen Johnston was rocked by Mark Louis just in front of the SMU bench in the second period. Louis was given a match for contact to the head. Looking at the video, it appeared to be a forearm or elbow, with follow-thru. I would not be suprised to see him get 6 games.

He actually got three games. I don't know if the exhibition game on the 30th will qualify towards his suspension.
I was talking to one of the boys on X the other day and he said that the exhibition game won't count towards the suspension so he is allowed to play in the game on the 30th which is against, you guessed it, SMU.

HabsIslesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 10:22 AM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

vCash: 525
Thursday, December 29th

Toronto 4 at Guelph 3
Carleton 4 at Lakehead 3 (OT)
Waterloo 2 at McGill 4

Close games, but all were wins by OUA-E over OUA-W.

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 11:13 AM
FreddtFoyle

Friday's UNB-uOttawa game, 1st game of Pete Kelly tourney, will be webcast on vreds.ca. 7:00 pm AST.

FreddtFoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 09:32 PM
Drummer
Better Red than Dead

Pete Kelly Cup - Game 1

UNB took the first game of the two-game Pete Kelly Cup 7-4 over the visiting UOttawa Gee Gee's.

It was 6-0 after two. In the third, UNB took some silly penalties and Ottawa was able to convert some chances. Shots were pretty even, something like 32 to 27 if I recall for UNB.

Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 09:54 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

Ottawa looked pretty good for the most part...certainly much better than the Toronto team that visited a couple years ago. They hung with UNB for pretty much the whole game (shots ended up 33-31 for UNB I think) despite UNB leading 6-0 at one point early in the third period...Ottawa's goalie gave up a few I am sure he would have liked to have back. Ottawa got 2 goals late to make it a 7-4 final, which made the score a bit more of an accurate representation of the actual competitiveness of the game. UNB really needs to tone down the rough stuff after the whistles though...they are still taking way too many undisciplined penalties for my liking.

UNB Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 10:49 PM
AUS Fan

Sfx - Smu

5-4 SFX via the Shootout. SMU opened the scoring and then trailed 2-1 and 4-2 before scoring twice on both ends of a 5-3, 5-4 PP late in the game. OT solved nothing and Kevin Undershute scored the only goal of the SO against Conway who split with Peters. Perricone went the distance for SFX.
Mark Louis was dressed but didn't see a lot of ice time.

AUS Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 10:59 PM
Island Husky

UPEI 4 UdeM 3

UPEI 4 UdeM 3 in Abrams Village tonight. Wasn't there to see it, Twitter it is.

Island Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 02:32 AM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

vCash: 525
Friday, December 30th

St. Thomas 2 Acadia 4
Moncton 3 UPEI 4
St. Francis Xavier 5 Saint Mary’s 4 (SO)
Ottawa 3 New Brunswick 7
Carleton 3 Lakehead 4 (SO)
Waterloo 5 McGill 4 (SO)
Concordia 5 St. Moritz 3

Thanks for the info on the wins by UPEI and SFX to those who posted.After being swept Thursday, the OUA-W teams picked up a couple of wins, both on SO.

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 08:51 AM
cishockeyfan

My two cents on the UNB - Ottawa Game

I really thought (and expected a little) that UNB played like they were wearing off alot of Holiday Turkey and Drinks. Even when the score got to 3-0 early and 6-0 at one point, I don't think UNB played all that well at all. The Ottawa Goalie certainly would like to have a couple back for sure.

On the other Hand I was impressed by Ottawa and thought they played a real good game, they have a good team, and they have a coaching staff who cares alot and will probably have that program on the upswing. The late goals were a reflection of that, they could have hung their heads after it was 6-0, but they stuck to their game regardless. I can see why they are on a 9 game unbeaten streak in their conference. 33-31 pretty much even shots is a rare thing for any visiting team to have with UNB.

Regardless of the score of the game Saturday I expect a much better UNB effort today, I dont think Gardiner and sparky could have been to pleased with the play, and the effort in the third period.

I think its safe to say the OUA has improved year by year over the past 5 seasons, they arent quite theyre yet but they are certainly getting closer

cishockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 09:00 AM
VRedsRule

UNB certainly didnt look like UNB - sluggish skating, little forecheck, and a D that looked like it was just learning to skate. Thank God for Pete Kelly Cup to get the jelly out of the legs!

Ottawa has a handful of talented players and a good, solid PP that converted - but lacks depth up front and their D did not seem strong. And goalie made a few beauts but let in a few duds.

VRedsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 03:54 PM
VRedsRule

8-4 UNB in game 2

56-23 shots on goal. If not for Abbott in first two periods, could have been much worse.

VRedsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 04:33 PM
cishockeyfan

Much more UNB like effort today, if not for great Ottawa Goaltending and some not so great Goaltending by UNB's Lacosta this game could have been a double digit win

Old
12-31-2011, 05:30 PM
WilcoxHound

For a '91 who could still be playing Jr, goalkeeper Russell Abbott who played the 2nd game, has been a major contributor to the GeeGees success so far this season. He was named to the Pete Kelly tournament allstar team for his performance today. Mathieu Methot and Dominic Jalbert were strong in both games. Top point getters this season Luc Blaine and Stephen Blunden were more noticeable in the opener than today. In all, Ottawa got what they came for, an opportunity to play the #1 CIS team and learn what needs to be done to be successful at the top 10 level.

WilcoxHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 08:32 AM
cishockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilcoxHound View Post
For a '91 who could still be playing Jr, goalkeeper Russell Abbott who played the 2nd game, has been a major contributor to the GeeGees success so far this season. He was named to the Pete Kelly tournament allstar team for his performance today. Mathieu Methot and Dominic Jalbert were strong in both games. Top point getters this season Luc Blaine and Stephen Blunden were more noticeable in the opener than today. In all, Ottawa got what they came for, an opportunity to play the #1 CIS team and learn what needs to be done to be successful at the top 10 level.
Good luck to Ottawa the rest of the season wouldn't be surprised to see them back in March

Old
01-03-2012, 09:19 PM
timbitca

Dal beats UPEI 5-4 in OT tonight. Sure it's exhibition play and doesn't mean a thing, but someone come and tell me we don't have the craziest league out there...

timbitca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 05:38 AM
STUTOMMIES

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbitca View Post
Dal beats UPEI 5-4 in OT tonight. Sure it's exhibition play and doesn't mean a thing, but someone come and tell me we don't have the craziest league out there...
I don't want to sound pessimistic but GD Dal stands a good chance of beating us on Friday night at home. New coach, something to play for, fresh from a big win. All things looking up for them and then pull out the one goal win on Friday. In a few weekends, after they get done with us of course, they get "tenderized" by UNB and fall apart. Unfortunate scheduling on our behalf. Need to beat them Friday.

http://www.metronews.ca/halifax/spor...uggling-tigers

Last edited by STUTOMMIES: 01-04-2012 at 05:59 AM.
STUTOMMIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 02:46 AM
SnipeShow91

Queens 3, RMC 1. We fell apart for most of the 2nd and Payton Liske, Tyler Moore and Corey Bureau burned us in the 2nd. Flemming played well and Scott Domenico picked up where he left off his first half. Highlights up soon!

SnipeShow91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 02:13 AM
SnipeShow91

RMC @ Queen's highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cPYw...ature=youtu.be

SnipeShow91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 08:16 PM
STUTOMMIES

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUTOMMIES View Post
I don't want to sound pessimistic but GD Dal stands a good chance of beating us on Friday night at home. New coach, something to play for, fresh from a big win. All things looking up for them and then pull out the one goal win on Friday. In a few weekends, after they get done with us of course, they get "tenderized" by UNB and fall apart. Unfortunate scheduling on our behalf. Need to beat them Friday.

http://www.metronews.ca/halifax/spor...uggling-tigers
Just put a whole bunch of swear words in front of this. GEEZ. I just knew it, knew it.

Old
01-06-2012, 08:30 PM
STUTOMMIES

So ticked off right now. Moncton is going to go into DAL tomorrow and spank them.

Old
01-06-2012, 09:15 PM
AUS Fan

I thought that DAL looked a little more composed in their own end than STU did, which is unusual for DAL. Both goalies were solid and except for the point shot at the end of the PP, I would still be there watching OT. I was impressed with Bernier; think he'll be a good player. DAL played with a bit more jump than before the break. I'm sure they're happier without Pete behind the bench. Big test will come Sat night when they face the pissed-off Frenchmen.

AUS Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 09:37 PM
Rob

UNB 5 STFX 2

Score pretty much indicates how the game went. X actually outshot UNB in the 2nd due in part to some dumb penalties the Vreds took.

Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 11:35 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

For two periods I was reminded why I can't stand UNB/X games...not too much action. Fortunately UNB scored early in the 3rd to make it 3-0 and the game really opened up after that. I don't know what the refs were looking at on that 2nd X goal though...I was on the other side of the rink and it seemed pretty clear it was kicked in.

Old
01-07-2012, 12:14 AM
UNB Bruins Fan

That's is a tough tough loss for STU...especially with X losing and having the chance to move within 3 points of a playoff spot. How do you not score a goal against Dal though?? Ouch. Maybe a new coach and getting some guys back from injuries will lead to a respectable second half for Dal and they can play spoiler.