HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We didnt even compete

Closed Thread

Old
10-07-2011, 08:26 AM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
LOL

RE-****ING-LAX

Last year we lost the opener too. BIG DEAL. 81 GAMES LEFT. FFS

Leafs started 4-0 last year; let them plan their parade on Yonge and Bloor Steet.
Pretty much this. I'm not running to trade Price in my pool just yet either

Old
10-07-2011, 08:28 AM
LBC Vapo*

How many games in a row can Price get shoved around until he's injured and Budaj has to play for an extended stretch? What's the plan then?

Old
10-07-2011, 08:35 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halakalakaboom View Post
So many Habs falling on their arses all game long.

Price gets bullied by friggin Tyler Bozak and no retaliation, ohh wait, we had Spacek / Diaz on the ice when it happened, they better not do anything, they'd get humiliated by Bozak.
And how exactly was Price 'bullied' by Bozak? Bozak was basically standing still when Kessel barged him from behind, Bozak fell into Spacek and Spacek fell into Price.

How exactly would someone 'retaliating' and negating the powerplay help here?

Funny I just watched the highlights of Boston/Philadelphia and seen Claude Giroux go straight through Tim Thomas on the way to scoring, poor Timmy is so bullied, guess the big bad Broons are no more....

Old
10-07-2011, 08:36 AM
patsbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC Vapo View Post
How many games in a row can Price get shoved around until he's injured and Budaj has to play for an extended stretch? What's the plan then?
Fail for Nail?

Last game was our annual shameful first game of the season versus Toronto...almost a tradition, the team will look better next game against Winnipeg.

Though, it needs some adjustment....Cole on the 3rd line He with Cam & Plek all season long please, I thought it was the actual plan from July 1st

Old
10-07-2011, 08:38 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsbury View Post
Fail for Nail?

Last game was our annual shameful first game of the season versus Toronto...almost a tradition, the team will look better next game against Winnipeg.

Though, it needs some adjustment....Cole on the 3rd line He with Cam & Plek all season long please, I thought it was the actual plan from July 1st
That's going to be a tough one to win IMO. The home crowd is going to be rocking and you know the Jets are going to want to put on a show for them. That's why I was kind of uneasy when I saw we'd be playing their home opener.

Old
10-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Admaker

Wow. It's one freaking game! If this continues for a stretch then you've got something but c'mon.

Was it a flat game, absolutely. But settle down people it an 82 game season.

Old
10-07-2011, 08:42 AM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

Siege mode...

Old
10-07-2011, 08:46 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
That's going to be a tough one to win IMO. The home crowd is going to be rocking and you know the Jets are going to want to put on a show for them. That's why I was kind of uneasy when I saw we'd be playing their home opener.
Same here. It sucks but we will probably be 0-2

Old
10-07-2011, 08:51 AM
Help
Help Yourself

vCash: 50
The leafs walked all over us in the first game last year, how'd that work out for them?

Me, I'm not concerned. We generally don't play well against the Leafs (particularly to start the season), I recognize and accept that. The game last night wasn't as one sided as a lot of you are making it out to be. We shot shot them by a good margin, limited them to 18 shots, we put a nice few shots through the crease

A couple notes:
- We did get thrown around physically, Komy actually looked decent
- Subban was probably the worst player for either team, I expect better when we play Winnipeg
- Weber looked terrific all night long
- Put Cole with Cammy and Pleks for the love of god
- Price had a few terrific saves and overall played very well

Last edited by Help: 10-07-2011 at 09:08 AM.
Old
10-07-2011, 08:54 AM

I'm kind of perplexed as to why the coaching staff is insisting on using Plekanec on the point and Desharnais on the #1 unit.

I've got no problem with Desharnais, he's a nice player...but seems to me he's overexposed. On the power play, he ALWAYS tries the same cross crease pass, it doesn't matter if there's no open lane, he forces it through.

The Habs went out this summer and signed Diaz for his offensive abilities yet they're playing their best center on the point where he's come out himself and has said he's not comfortable.

Diaz/Subban should be the point combination...with Diaz being the QB and Subban the shooter. Put Plekanec back at center please and leave Desharnais to feast on opposing 3rd and 4th lines. As i've said, Desharnais' is a nice player and i'm not trying to make him a scapegoat, but he's got limitations as a player and the coaching staff is doing a poor job of insulating him. They're asking way too much of him at this point.

As for last night's game...I knew the Habs would lose after the 1st period where they dominated and still couldn't score. When you have an opportunity to bury a team, you've got to take advantage of it, especially on the road.

But generally speaking, I saw some good things...I think the Habs can def have 3 dangerous scoring lines, especially when Eller comes back (I really noticed the lack of Eller last night if that makes any sense...).

Old
10-07-2011, 08:57 AM
patsbury

Quote:
Did not think about that, you've got a good point Though, I'm confident we can crash the party

Old
10-07-2011, 09:02 AM
LePoche69

I don't care much about yesterday's lost because it was just one game and there is no way the club is that bad!

That said, here are a few observation I hope will not be a trend:
  • Gionta looked "old".
  • Pacciorety looked a bit scared and not as fast as last year. He looked like the guy who played ok but was cut at the start of last season.
  • I always thought that Cole's physicality was overestimated, but yesterday it was non-existant.
  • Will Subban suffer a sophomore jinx, like Myers had last year for almost half a season? It is very possible.
  • As soon as the Leafs started to hit last night, the habs became a "perimeter team".
    Will Gorges be the best d-man on the team this year? It is scary.

Like I said, I'm not overlay worry. I just hope those things will ne be a trend...

Old
10-07-2011, 09:02 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

they had a good 1st shold have at least 1
poor second period
and the didn't look good in the 3rd

I don't understand the panic . They didn't play a great game but it's the first game of the season no need to think it will be a long season.

I just hope they start scoring some goals soon. They need to take better shot.

AK,Pacs and Cam all play well and they will score goals if they play the same way next game

and I'm just a little worried abbout Gorges becase he was really slow last light

Old
10-07-2011, 09:06 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admaker View Post
Wow. It's one freaking game! If this continues for a stretch then you've got something but c'mon.

Was it a flat game, absolutely. But settle down people it an 82 game season.
I think its the fact it was the first game of the year, and there was such little emotion. The game had every reason to be an exciting event, instead it was a dull event with poor execution and physical disappointment.

It is the way we lost, and who we lost to that really pissed people off.

Old
10-07-2011, 09:06 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I'm kind of perplexed as to why the coaching staff is insisting on using Plekanec on the point and Desharnais on the #1 unit.

I've got no problem with Desharnais, he's a nice player...but seems to me he's overexposed. On the power play, he ALWAYS tries the same cross crease pass, it doesn't matter if there's no open lane, he forces it through.

The Habs went out this summer and signed Diaz for his offensive abilities yet they're playing their best center on the point where he's come out himself and has said he's not comfortable.

Diaz/Subban should be the point combination...with Diaz being the QB and Subban the shooter. Put Plekanec back at center please and leave Desharnais to feast on opposing 3rd and 4th lines. As i've said, Desharnais' is a nice player and i'm not trying to make him a scapegoat, but he's got limitations as a player and the coaching staff is doing a poor job of insulating him. They're asking way too much of him at this point.

As for last night's game...I knew the Habs would lose after the 1st period where they dominated and still couldn't score. When you have an opportunity to bury a team, you've got to take advantage of it, especially on the road.

But generally speaking, I saw some good things...I think the Habs can def have 3 dangerous scoring lines, especially when Eller comes back (I really noticed the lack of Eller last night if that makes any sense...).
I think management is trying to maximize the players up front. I believ they are hig up on DD and want to give him PP time. That makes a lot of forwards with him, plek, gio, gom, ak, cole and cammy. When healthy Eller might be used there too. I think they are simply trying things out, which is normal at the beginning of the year.
I do not think this experiment will last long, at least I hope not, because I do not see it working.
Eventually, I am sure Weber, Diaz and/or Emelin will get their chances.

All in all, I felt there was good positives yesterday. Some things were not so great, but nothing that is worth worrying about. Actualy, nothing is worth worrying about after the first game.

Old
10-07-2011, 09:08 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
I don't care much about yesterday's lost because it was just one game and there is no way the club is that bad!

That said, here are a few observation I hope will not be a trend:
  • Gionta looked "old".
  • Pacciorety looked a bit scared and not as fast as last year. He looked like the guy who played ok but was cut at the start of last season.
  • I always thought that Cole's physicality was overestimated, but yesterday it was non-existant.
  • Will Subban suffer a sophomore jinx, like Myers had last year for almost half a season? It is very possible.
  • As soon as the Leafs started to hit last night, the habs became a "perimeter team".
    Will Gorges be the best d-man on the team this year? It is scary.

Like I said, I'm not overlay worry. I just hope those things will ne be a trend...
How so? The Leafs threw many checks in the first and the habs still dominated. Also even after the first the habs had a dozen chances in close on Reimer and not from the perimeter.

Old
10-07-2011, 09:10 AM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 50
Am I the only one who think that Gomez did not have a bad game?

Old
10-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubaka View Post
Am I the only one who think that Gomez did not have a bad game?
I thought he played good. He made some turnovers, but no more than anyone else. Plekanec and Pacioretty also turned over the puck a lot yesterday, but it goes unnoticed because a lot of posters like these players.

Old
10-07-2011, 09:13 AM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
Maybe it's just me but I thought our PK was awesome... How could it have sucked if we didn't allow any goals? And we killed off a ~1:30 5 on 3.

I think you meant that our PP sucked
heh, yes I did. Too eager to get the double PK reference in - plus it was late

Old
10-07-2011, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I think management is trying to maximize the players up front. I believ they are hig up on DD and want to give him PP time. That makes a lot of forwards with him, plek, gio, gom, ak, cole and cammy. When healthy Eller might be used there too. I think they are simply trying things out, which is normal at the beginning of the year.
I do not think this experiment will last long, at least I hope not, because I do not see it working.
Eventually, I am sure Weber, Diaz and/or Emelin will get their chances.

All in all, I felt there was good positives yesterday. Some things were not so great, but nothing that is worth worrying about. Actualy, nothing is worth worrying about after the first game.
Oh agreed...i'm not worried at all, I thought the Habs did some good things and generally carried the play last night. I just find the coaching staff makes some perplexing decisions sometimes.

I mean, Plekanec's your best center, why place him on the point...the furthest point of the action and in a situation he himself says he's not comfortable with. Especially when you have a guy like Subban playing the other point who likes to rove around the ice. Might as well put 5 forwards on the PP if that's what you're gonna do.

But whatever, like you said...it's only 1 game, i'm not going to draw any season conclusions from it.

Old
10-07-2011, 09:20 AM
windycity

Gomez was ok, people are going to hate on him unless he gets 2 pts a night

I am getting really tired of guys running Price - he's going to get hurt if this keeps up. I'm not in favor of getting a goon but this is the biggest reason to get one, so he can tune someone up who does - regardless of who it is.

Old
10-07-2011, 09:21 AM
Protest the Hero

If only we had an enforcer in the lineup, you know, someone to score our goals for us.

Old
10-07-2011, 09:24 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
I am getting really tired of guys running Price - he's going to get hurt if this keeps up. I'm not in favor of getting a goon but this is the biggest reason to get one
Poor Spacek, it wasn't really his fault, not sure sending out someone to beat him up is the answer

Old
10-07-2011, 09:25 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Oh agreed...i'm not worried at all, I thought the Habs did some good things and generally carried the play last night. I just find the coaching staff makes some perplexing decisions sometimes.

I mean, Plekanec's your best center, why place him on the point...the furthest point of the action and in a situation he himself says he's not comfortable with. Especially when you have a guy like Subban playing the other point who likes to rove around the ice. Might as well put 5 forwards on the PP if that's what you're gonna do.

But whatever, like you said...it's only 1 game, i'm not going to draw any season conclusions from it.
I agree. Plekanec on the point should stop. He's our#1 center and is great on the half wall and behind the net. He should be put back there.

I also agree that Desharnais is a won-trick pony on the PP. I hope they are just trying it out. I think there are much better options for the PP than what is being used right now.

Old
10-07-2011, 09:26 AM
Perrah

Quote:
Yeah price will have to be huge in the first period of that game, and a goal at some point in the first would go a long way too. Hopefully they get too amped and take some of these questionable penalties that are being called.

Closed Thread