HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We didnt even compete

Closed Thread

Old
10-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Disagree. There are still tons of great posters here, and the alternatives are far worse IMO. You might have to wade through more idiots than you used to, but even back in the day people complained and would ' HF boards ' all the time.
I did not mean that there is not any good posters anymore, but i personally found that the quality went down. I still am here for a reason, but plenty of good posters have left. Irrelevant to the subject at hand though, so this is as far as I will go.

Old
10-07-2011, 06:41 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
I thought the Habs played pretty good in the 3rd. They had 14 shots in that period...Reimer just got the better of them.
Reimer is ****ing garbage. Zero rebound control and couldn't track the puck at all. Luckily our offence was beyond anemic.

Old
10-07-2011, 06:57 PM
FeelsLike93

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Reimer is ****ing garbage. Zero rebound control and couldn't track the puck at all. Luckily our offence was beyond anemic.
Amen. He couldnt track the puck all night. Lets just say the habs cash in on 3 or 4 of there chances. People would be instead saying "Reimers inability to locate the puck in traffic cost the leafs". But instead, the Habs didnt put the puck in the net and people look at it as if Reimer had a good game. Im sorry he just didnt. Price outplayed him the difference was the leafs took advantage of there oppurtunities. Kudos to them but in my eyes both teams had average showings last night and the Leafs have a long way to go before they can start talking.

Old
10-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Protest the Hero

I'm not a fan of Martin's defensive system, it frustrates me when I see the defencemen back up so far into their own zone. None of this matters though because he's proven to be a great Coach. I'd love to see a more offensive system, but are there any better (french) coaches out there?

I think the Habs will also be fired up to play in Winnipeg, the crowd will be much better than the snoozefest that was the ACC last night.

What this team needs is to play against a great team, they tend to play up, or down, to the level of their opponents, hence the crappy effort against the Leafs.

Old
10-07-2011, 07:13 PM
Tusk

It's just the first game, let whomever feels some weird form of vindication, wether it be Habs or Leafs fans, enjoy it, as dumb and as annoying as it is be the better people and don't placate to them. Some of our very own Habs "fans" are a big part of this crap.

I've moved on and am looking forward to Sunday.

Old
10-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
There was plenty of people that could give out constructive criticism and bring forth interesting arguments. It made place for good respectful discussions. Sadly, most of these posters have moved on to another site and the mediocrity has taken over this board.
Hey now, just because I haven't posted here in about a week is no reason to think that I've left...

As for our performance tonight, don't worry it's still only preseason so... oh wait...

All kidding aside though, it's only one game. I'd like to have seen a better effort but one game does not a season make.

Old
10-07-2011, 07:22 PM
FeelsLike93

How do you guys think Emelin will do sunday? I know he'll be playing on the 3rd pairing but do u feel he will have a positive effect on the game? I know we havent seen much of him and dont know wat to expect but just wondering.

I also agree the Habs play up to there level of competition and down to there level of competition. Im confident the habs too will also feed off of Winnipegs crowd and have a much better overall and up tempo game sunday.

Old
10-07-2011, 10:24 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 View Post
How do you guys think Emelin will do sunday? I know he'll be playing on the 3rd pairing but do u feel he will have a positive effect on the game? I know we havent seen much of him and dont know wat to expect but just wondering.

I also agree the Habs play up to there level of competition and down to there level of competition. Im confident the habs too will also feed off of Winnipegs crowd and have a much better overall and up tempo game sunday.
I think he needs to play to get into a solid comfort zone just like PK had to last season. I'm not expecting much from him cause I still think he may need a bit to get in the swing of things. Nevertheless, if he plays a simple game and throws his weight around a bit, he will be a positive influence. He isn't soft, and that is a change from the majority of our defenders.

Old
10-07-2011, 10:46 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Yeah, Martin has developped more stars and superstars than anyone on this boards. Subban and Price aren't his first young players.

Look at the list guys like : Alfredsson, Hossa, Redden, Havlat, Yashin, Chara, Phillips, Spezza, Bouwmeester, Horton, Jokinen. Even Olesz looked prominising with Martin has coach.
That was then. This is now.

So what happened to Martin? We can give him credit for Subban. Who else has he developed? Maybe Max. Has he elevated the games of Cammy, Pleks, AK, Gomez, Gionta, Darche, DD, Eller? On D, is Gill better (OK, not fair since Gill and Spacek are older), Gorges, Weber (maybe for Weber)?

What did he do for O'Byrne and Pouliot?

Whatever mojo Martin had in Ottawa has disappeared in Montreal.

Old
10-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Protest the Hero

You're going to blame Pouliot on him?

Old
10-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I'm not impressed either. Overrated. His rebound control reminds me of Theodore.

Old
10-07-2011, 10:54 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
You're going to blame Pouliot on him?
Yes. Martin O'byrned Pouliot last season just like Martin O'byrned A Kostitsyn last night.

Why go out of your way to embarrass a very talented forward in the middle of a close game? What purpose did that serve Kostitsyn? Or the team?

If Martin did not like what AK did, he could simply tap him on the back and tell him not to do that again. Or, he could talk to him in the locker in between periods. A coach does not have to tear a player down in order to teach a lesson.

And what was the lesson? Hell, if Martin were to bench players consistently for making mistakes, we would have the skate sharpener and the trainer finishing last night's game.

Martin did the same **** to Pouliot, O'Byrne, S Kost and others. Not very motivational and an easy way to lose a team and allow a team to go.........flat.

Old
10-07-2011, 10:58 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
That was then. This is now.

So what happened to Martin? We can give him credit for Subban. Who else has he developed? Maybe Max. Has he elevated the games of Cammy, Pleks, AK, Gomez, Gionta, Darche, DD, Eller? On D, is Gill better (OK, not fair since Gill and Spacek are older), Gorges, Weber (maybe for Weber)?

What did he do for O'Byrne and Pouliot?

Whatever mojo Martin had in Ottawa has disappeared in Montreal.
Price?

Old
10-07-2011, 11:15 PM
haburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I did not mean that there is not any good posters anymore, but i personally found that the quality went down. I still am here for a reason, but plenty of good posters have left. Irrelevant to the subject at hand though, so this is as far as I will go.
lol .no good posters on here???thats the only reason i come here.to read the garbage an laugh my ass off at 90% of the people who actually think they know sumthin about hockey,let alone the habs.its the best after a loss,as u can see .there 's like a cpl posters on here who know anything.but afterall its the net,an its all about entertainment.

Old
10-07-2011, 11:19 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
Price?
Martin is a goalie coach?

Old
10-07-2011, 11:26 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
lol .no good posters on here???thats the only reason i come here.to read the garbage an laugh my ass off at 90% of the people who actually think they know sumthin about hockey,let alone the habs.its the best after a loss,as u can see .there 's like a cpl posters on here who know anything.but afterall its the net,an its all about entertainment.
Pretty much. It's like people expect us to go 82-0 without having a bad game. The Boston Bruins, Vancouver Canucks and a whole host of other top teams all had really bad games last year. Top teams every year have bad games. You just have to have more good games than bad games.

Quote:
Martin is a goalie coach?
No, but I'm sure he has say in the confidence area. Playing him more as well probably helped.

People were blaming him for ruining Carey's development when he wasn't playing as much, so I don't see why we can't credit him by playing him more. Then again..you could argue that he really didn't have a choice once Jaro was gone.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 10-07-2011 at 11:45 PM. Reason: merged
Old
10-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Jesse Pinkman

Quote:
Pretty much. It's like people expect us to go 82-0 without having a bad game. The Boston Bruins, Vancouver Canucks and a whole host of other top teams all had really bad games last year. Top teams every year have bad games. You just have to have more good games than bad games.
Bad games do happen, but the main problem is the lack of intensity in the first game of the season.

It seemed like they were playing a 3rd consecutive game in pre-season.

Old
10-07-2011, 11:34 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inf1n1te View Post
Bad games do happen, but the main problem is the lack of intensity in the first game of the season.

It seemed like they were playing a 3rd consecutive game in pre-season.
Absolutely. But there will always be games where there is lack of intensity unfortunately. Doesn't matter whether it's game one or game forty-five..it's going to happen.

I'm hoping to see Cole with Plekanec and Cammalleri next game. Also hoping that Emelin can set a physical tone next game.

Old
10-07-2011, 11:38 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Absolutely. But there will always be games where there is lack of intensity unfortunately. Doesn't matter whether it's game one or game forty-five..it's going to happen.

I'm hoping to see Cole with Plekanec and Cammalleri next game. Also hoping that Emelin can set a physical tone next game.
I also hope to see Emelin make his debut.

And call me crazy, but I would like to see Pleks, Cammy and AK on one line and Gomez, Cole and Gionta on the other top two line.

I think Pacioretty would be a better fit with DD and Darche than either Cole or AK.

Old
10-07-2011, 11:41 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Yes. Martin O'byrned Pouliot last season just like Martin O'byrned A Kostitsyn last night.
I guess Lemaire is pretty crappy too because he could not make Pouliot into anything...

Old
10-07-2011, 11:44 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
I also hope to see Emelin make his debut.

And call me crazy, but I would like to see Pleks, Cammy and AK on one line and Gomez, Cole and Gionta on the other top two line.

I think Pacioretty would be a better fit with DD and Darche than either Cole or AK.
If I am not mistaken though, Kostitsyn had built up some chemistry with Darche after the playoffs last season. When Eller comes back, I'd like to see him centering those two.

Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta
Cammalleri-Plekanec-Cole
Darche-Eller-Kostitsyn

Then role a final line with 3 of Moen, White, Betts, Desharnais and Weber.

Old
10-08-2011, 12:04 AM
BelHabs

Just a general comment:

Is there anything more arrogant than putting down other posters here? What is the unspoken assumption when someone calls "the majority of posters" morons? Or when they complain about the quality of what I believe to be an excellent discussion board. Are they not implying: "I'm better, I'm smarter, I know hockey better?" How arrogant is that?!!

I think the majority of posters do not purposely solicit comments from the peanut gallery. If you have something to say *about hockey,* then say it. Please keep your smug superior elitism to yourself.

I, for one, certainly do not agree with everything that is posted here. But people have their right to their opinion without being slandered for it. I think some people should realize that just because they believe their own opinions to be true and others wrong, they should admit to the possibility that they just might be wrong and someone else's might actually be correct.

Old
10-08-2011, 12:15 AM
Burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 View Post
Amen. He couldnt track the puck all night. Lets just say the habs cash in on 3 or 4 of there chances. People would be instead saying "Reimers inability to locate the puck in traffic cost the leafs". But instead, the Habs didnt put the puck in the net and people look at it as if Reimer had a good game. Im sorry he just didnt. Price outplayed him the difference was the leafs took advantage of there oppurtunities. Kudos to them but in my eyes both teams had average showings last night and the Leafs have a long way to go before they can start talking.
I would say both goalies had a great game. There were a couple plays in the first when Reimer may have looked like he had trouble tracking the puck but I think it had more to do with Montreal's dominance in the first and the leafs being so unorganized.

Old
10-08-2011, 12:17 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
If I am not mistaken though, Kostitsyn had built up some chemistry with Darche after the playoffs last season. When Eller comes back, I'd like to see him centering those two.

Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta
Cammalleri-Plekanec-Cole
Darche-Eller-Kostitsyn

Then role a final line with 3 of Moen, White, Betts, Desharnais and Weber.
I completely agree! However, I don't see Desharnais being used in a defensive role. He is just too weak for it.

Did anyone notice that Eller was practicing as a winger? I do NOT agree with this.

I also find Darche is highly underrated by all of you. IMO Kostitsyn should be dealt for a top four stay at home defenseman.

Old
10-08-2011, 12:20 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
I completely agree! However, I don't see Desharnais being used in a defensive role. He is just too weak for it.

Did anyone notice that Eller was practicing as a winger? I do NOT agree with this.

I also find Darche is highly underrated by all of you. IMO Kostitsyn should be dealt for a top four stay at home defenseman.
If so, they may be trying to showcase desharnais for a trade, because nothing else really makes sense.

Closed Thread