HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Message to the media!

Old
10-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

vCash: 500
serge2k DON'T WATCH THE GAMES OR QUIT CRYING. Easy as that.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 02:31 PM
silvercanuck

The Canucks have the greatest season and playoffs in their history and all you people do is whine. I get that we're upset or maybe feeling hung over emotionally but if you can't give this team their due after everything they accomplished last season you don't deserve to be a fan.

People really want to let Chicago come back and beat us in 7 games? Really? Do you think we'd ever hear the end of THAT one from every single fanbase in the league? If for no other reason THAT series is why the playoffs were meaningful to us. If we had lost to Chicago again the Canucks would be a laughing stock. Let's be thankful for what it was instead. The Chicago series was one for the ages and we came out on top. We slayed that dragon.

As far as not winning the cup goes, yes it was extremely disappointing, but they still got to the finals and were on the verge of winning it all before injuries cost this team. Fans should be thankful. It was a magical year and we just came short at the end.

As far as CBC is concerned however I am not impressed with all the negativity. Very few teams have that kind of regular season success and match it in the playoffs. They should give the Canucks their due. Heck they should give the Canucks their due just for the great TV ratings.

silvercanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Shareefruck

I was ready to roll my eyes at the OP, but then Serge2K showed up and went in the other direction.

My rule is, when a team collapses/implodes/chokes (whatever you want to call it) in an embarrassing fashion, you NEVER draw attention to it-- I have a hard time calling any year that ended like that "great". We shouldn't exactly be throwing "hurrah's!" around or acting arrogant (or celebrating the upstanding job we did cleaning up the aftermath of the riot ), but to call it an awful year that was nothing but disappointment is just being a spoiled crybaby.

I'm pulling for them, but all these years of the way this team has turned out is starting to make me think that the only way we're ever going to win a cup if we're literally head and shoulders above all competition-- I have a hard time seeing these teams overachieve, so let's hope for another dominating year.

Last edited by Chairman Maouth: 10-08-2011 at 08:21 AM.
Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 04:42 PM
keslehr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
I did before they choked in the finals.
Get over it, we all have. You're not a real sports fan if a few bad games turns you off "your team", apparently for good. For ****'s sake man. Grow a pair and stop *****ing and crying.

keslehr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 06:19 PM
YouCantYandleThis*
Moustache Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
I did before they choked in the finals.
You gotta get over that.

YouCantYandleThis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 06:27 PM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inker View Post
Last year was honestly the worst I've ever experienced.

It would have been easier to swallow if Chicago had won game 7
you're out of your mind

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 06:33 PM
NYVanfan

haven't read the whole thing, but my message to the media is ..

GO **** YOURSELVES

seriously, i can get over the loss, i can get over the ********* B's fans i had to suffer, blowing thousands on tix going up there to get my soul crushed in games 3 & 6, and I can get over the ******** who trashed the city ...

but i still see red when I think of douches like Milbury and the TSN/CBC twats who were doing things like quoting tweets from scurbs like Krys Barch .. the broad based character assasination of the team, and fans by extension leaves me with a deep percolating resentment that will take a long time to get over.

**** you eastern-biased media, **** you US-based moron media...you can all go to hell as far as im concerned.

There, i feel better.
A bit.

Last edited by NYVanfan: 10-07-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old
10-07-2011, 06:38 PM
ddawg1950

I've watched this team for forty years.

And that was the best season we've ever had.

As for the "losers and chokers" label...please stop. You just embarrass yourself and will probably end up living alone with something like 15 cats.

It just seems that kind of commentary comes from someone who doesn't understand sports very well.

Did we blow our best chance? Please. Look at the team Gillis has assembled. While it's true that winning it all is a complicated matter based on injuries, hot performers and a bit of luck...we'll need all of that to get back there. And so will every other contender.

The best any sports fan can ask for is that their team be given the chance to contend every year. Gillis and Co. have given us that. We are contenders again. I can't imagine a better gift.

So for those people that want to call the Canucks losers and chokers, perhaps they'd be more comfortable cheering for Calgary or Edmonton...at least they'd have something legitimate to cry about.

ddawg1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 06:43 PM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1950 View Post
I've watched this team for forty years.

And that was the best season we've ever had.

As for the "losers and chokers" label...please stop. You just embarrass yourself and will probably end up living alone with something like 15 cats.

It just seems that kind of commentary comes from someone who doesn't understand sports very well.

Did we blow our best chance? Please. Look at the team Gillis has assembled. While it's true that winning it all is a complicated matter based on injuries, hot performers and a bit of luck...we'll need all of that to get back there. And so will every other contender.

The best any sports fan can ask for is that their team be given the chance to contend every year. Gillis and Co. have given us that. We are contenders again. I can't imagine a better gift.

So for those people that want to call the Canucks losers and chokers, perhaps they'd be more comfortable cheering for Calgary or Edmonton...at least they'd have something legitimate to cry about.
agree 100%
(when i'm feeling rational. when I'm not, see above...)

Old
10-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

Relax guys. It's still just the first game. He's just shaking the rust off. Give him some time to get into the groove of things.

Serge2k will round into form come November.

Eddy Punch Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 11:48 PM
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCantYandleThis View Post
You gotta get over that.
When they win.

or maybe sooner.

I still believe they choked, and I'm not going to stop believing just because HF can't handle it.

serge2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 01:54 AM
The Bob Cole
Ohhhh Baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
I was ready to roll my eyes at the OP, but then Serge2K showed up and went in the other direction.

My rule is, when a team collapses/implodes/chokes (whatever you want to call it) in an embarrassing fashion, you NEVER draw attention to it-- I have a hard time calling any year that ended like that "great". We shouldn't exactly be throwing "hurrah's!" around or acting arrogant (or celebrating the upstanding job we did cleaning up the aftermath of the riot ), but to call it an awful year that was nothing but disappointment is just being a spoiled crybaby.
Really? You're one of those people who had an issue with the ceremony?

I don't understand how you can be disappointed by the team pulling up a handful of people who were there that night (aside from the father who came to clean up the next day) and were in danger trying to either a) stop the idiots or b) help the injured. The team had to address it, especially after being called out in the review reports.

I have no problem with the team recognizing (it wasn't like the spent 20 minutes on every award won, they just drew attention to the fact that we, you know, dominated the individual awards and won the presidents trophy and western conference) the fact that we just had the most sensational year in franchise history. We lost the cup. Deal with it. You can still look back and be proud of what they did. If you can't, then why are you supporting them?

Last edited by Chairman Maouth: 10-08-2011 at 07:05 PM.
The Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 02:19 AM
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lui View Post

I don't understand how you can be disappointed by the team pulling up a handful of people who were there that night (aside from the father who came to clean up the next day) and were in danger trying to either a) stop the idiots or b) help the injured. The team had to address it, especially after being called out in the review reports.

I have no problem with the team recognizing (it wasn't like the spent 20 minutes on every award won, they just drew attention to the fact that we, you know, dominated the individual awards and won the presidents trophy and western conference) the fact that we just had the most sensational year in franchise history. We lost the cup. Deal with it. You can still look back and be proud of what they did. If you can't, then why are you supporting them?
Because you still want to see them win.

If you don't care when they lose why bother supporting them?

serge2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 02:30 AM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lui View Post

Deal with what? I'm hardly upset or complaining. You don't watch the games to be proud of your team no matter the outcome. You watch the games because you're rooting for them and you're emotionally attached-- When they disappoint you, you hope they come out and prove themselves next time, or you hope that the necessary adjustments are made. How did you react when we had all those Cloutier-collapses? Did you stop being a fan? This isn't the same scenario, but for some people, the disappointment and disgust in the final round is outweighed by the overall great year on paper, and for others it's the other way around-- Personally, I think there's too much of both to consider the season one to be completely proud of or one to be utterly disappointed by-- You don't have to agree, but don't go on getting all condescending in the name of optimism.

I thought it was an embarrassing ceremony. Every phrase they used to describe the team and the city felt ironic and inappropriately worded. I'm not saying they shouldn't have mentioned the riot or the people who helped, but the way it was done, I was cringing throughout the whole thing. I would assume that most hockey fans who saw it outside of a few Canuck fans were laughing at how embarrassing it was, and rightfully so. Reminded me of retiring the fan's number thing. "Hurray for everyone!" even in the worst situations.

I feel like it, and some posters here have overcompensated with their positivity.

Last edited by Shareefruck: 10-08-2011 at 03:08 AM.
Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 02:33 AM
Win One Before I Die
Former Booth Fan

Send a message via MSN to Win One Before I Die
The worst feeling was that I was so confident after beating San Jose that Boston was going to be a breeze... I knew we were going to win... but i forgot about UH OH LUONGO!

Win One Before I Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 02:56 AM
Frank Garrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
Relax guys. It's still just the first game. He's just shaking the rust off. Give him some time to get into the groove of things.

Serge2k will round into form come November.

I believe in him. You can do it, Serge2k!

Frank Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 10:55 AM
ddawg1950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Garrett View Post
I believe in him. You can do it, Serge2k!
Only if he takes off the Depends and gets into boxers.

ddawg1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 12:56 PM
YouCantYandleThis*
Moustache Enthusiast

It's one game people....

You'd think we'd just lost game 7 or something..

Chill the **** out.

YouCantYandleThis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 01:07 PM
arsmaster

I think mr. 2k was in the building on thursday night.

That crowd was pathetic, its a new season....cheer or stay home.

Luongo is our goalie, deal with it, no "LUUUU" chants when he makes a save is just going to add to his confidence.

We cant win the stanley cup today or tomorrow, so man up and cheer the team on through the process.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 06:16 PM
var

"cheer or stay home"

Well put. Look, and I can't speak for the rest of you guys, but win or lose, I'd like to see these Canucks lay down some guidelines for commentator maturity. Just like our little princess here Serge - he's more emotional here than my sister and so too are our commentators.

On top of that, I'd want to see a lot of these guys take up boxing in their cross training. I'm telling you, there's nothing like hurting another person and getting hurt that makes all this other nonsense inaudible.

Take care gentlemen.

var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 10:34 PM
VanCity Millionaires

I am so pissed off we didn't get RNH! That would have been the storybook ending we all dreamed of!

VanCity Millionaires is offline   Reply With Quote