HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

fighting..don cherry...and the fork in the road.

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2011, 01:01 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

vCash: 500
fighting..don cherry...and the fork in the road.

As fans of one of the most notoriously intimidating teams in NHL history, is this a transition period to no fighting? or is this summer's suicides and deaths just a coincidence. I think they just need to get rid of staged fights but sometimes the emotion of the game calls for it. of course, if they take strong hits from the game it wont be as common. I , for one, just think they need to isolate and remove headhunters. but it seems too many players are already falling back and avoiding contact. can this work itself out to a point were we still have hitting but avoid the head? seems hard to do.

Old
10-08-2011, 02:13 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

I don't see how any of the suicides were related to fighting other than the fact that they were all enforcers.

Didn't Boogaard have a camp to teach kids to fight and defend themselves on the ice? Sure sounds like fighting made him depressed!

Old
10-08-2011, 02:23 PM
SgtJoseph

Many judges,teachers, air traffic controllers, actors, comediens, etc etc also commit suicide ?.....Folks who commit suicide are 100% responsible for their actions when they do such a cowardly act........Sounds cold i know, but thats the way i see it. I had a sister commit suicide, and i did not go to her funeral because their is no honor in such a selfish act in my opinion.

Old
10-08-2011, 02:48 PM
DenverBoone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
Many judges,teachers, air traffic controllers, actors, comediens, etc etc also commit suicide ?.....Folks who commit suicide are 100% responsible for their actions when they do such a cowardly act........Sounds cold i know, but thats the way i see it. I had a sister commit suicide, and i did not go to her funeral because their is no honor in such a selfish act in my opinion.
You have no worldy idea what goes through the mind of someone with deep depression. It is a sickness that in rare cases absolutely cannot be controlled. Calling someone a coward, much less a family member is THE most ignorant and disgusting post I have ever read.

Old
10-08-2011, 03:01 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBoone View Post
You have no worldy idea what goes through the mind of someone with deep depression. It is a sickness that in rare cases absolutely cannot be controlled. Calling someone a coward, much less a family member is THE most ignorant and disgusting post I have ever read.
Lets just agree to disagree about our views on suicide then with out calling each other ignorant or disgusting ok ? My post is simply to suggest that all kinds of folks commit suicide wheter NHL enforcers, or scool teachers etc.There are weak people in all facets of society.....and there are those who put their " pride " aside and ask for help instead of taking the easy way out.

Old
10-08-2011, 03:56 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

Suicide caused by depression is in no way "cowardly". Depression is a serious illness that essentially takes you over and makes you think completely differently.

Someone who commits suicide rather than face the music (such as killing someone and killing yourself before you could get in trouble) is the only way suicide could be "cowardly".

Old
10-08-2011, 04:10 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Grow up and DO NOT comment on situations ( especially to insult) like this when you have absolutely no idea of what family members and friends are left with. I come from the suicide capital of the world at the moment. I've had friends and family hang themselves, attach ropes to necks and drive off, take pills ect.

I have seen family's absolutely destroyed by the selfish act of suicide. Mothers, Fathers,Sisters, Brothers, Aunts and Uncles not ever returning to normal life.

There is nothing worse than someone who insults people who have SgtJo's views.

// anyhow, This is isn't about this. So stay clear of the topic.

Old
10-08-2011, 04:53 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Grow up and DO NOT comment on situations ( especially to insult) like this when you have absolutely no idea of what family members and friends are left with. I come from the suicide capital of the world at the moment. I've had friends and family hang themselves, attach ropes to necks and drive off, take pills ect.

I have seen family's absolutely destroyed by the selfish act of suicide. Mothers, Fathers,Sisters, Brothers, Aunts and Uncles not ever returning to normal life.

There is nothing worse than someone who insults people who have SgtJo's views.

// anyhow, This is isn't about this. So stay clear of the topic.
Thank you I appreciate it ! time to move on to Hockey.

Old
10-08-2011, 05:10 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1503
The topic of suicide as a whole, beyond hockey, is better suited for The Lounge section.

Closed Thread