HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Official BST Discussion Thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2012, 01:56 AM
  #276
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk
 
IslesRock4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 20,810
vCash: 500
I had no clue the Tigers were 16-1-1 in 2012. That's ****ing amazing.

__________________

IslesRock4 is offline  
Old
02-21-2012, 11:52 AM
  #277
SLAPSHOT723
Moderator
Johnny Rockets
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 16,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
I had no clue the Tigers were 16-1-1 in 2012. That's ****ing amazing.
They're playing like it too. They've out-worked every team they play against. And I love Cizikas more and more every day. Absolute beast.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline  
Old
02-21-2012, 03:43 PM
  #278
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 12,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
I just started working for the Game Ops at Bridgeport, so I've gotten to see all the players. Man, Cizikas is going to be great when he gets here. I have yet to see this kid without a smile on his face, joking around with his teammates, enjoying life to the fullest. He's going to be a fan favorite very fast.
I totally agree.

I met him over the holidays and had a chance to give him a little interview while the WJC was going on. He was very outgoing, smiley and cordial. Very easy to like, which is quite nice because if you just look at him, you might think he could be a difficult one. Not at all.

When he makes the big time, I am certain he'll become one of the most interviewed guys on the Isles.

I also found Matt Donovan to be very easy to chat with. No problems there! Nice kid...

Chapin Landvogt is offline  
Old
02-21-2012, 09:37 PM
  #279
Isles Enforcer
Registered User
 
Isles Enforcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,866
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer


Not sure it landed but watch that last punch from Haley. If it actually landed, I'm surprised Carroll actually got up.

Isles Enforcer is offline  
Old
02-21-2012, 09:49 PM
  #280
Backhand of Justice
Casey Zeeky
 
Backhand of Justice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Garden City, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Enforcer View Post


Not sure it landed but watch that last punch from Haley. If it actually landed, I'm surprised Carroll actually got up.
Eh, looks like he just missed him.

Can we air this team on MSG+ rather than the Isles, please? Really want to see these guys play.

Backhand of Justice is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 02:43 PM
  #281
DarkHorse
Go Banana!
 
DarkHorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,005
vCash: 500
Thompson has to be our next coach, right? I don't think I've ever seen a guy do more with less. We take away Cizikas and Ullstrom and his team responds with a 43-shot effort, plugging in guys and just making it work.

DarkHorse is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 05:34 PM
  #282
Backhand of Justice
Casey Zeeky
 
Backhand of Justice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Garden City, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,999
vCash: 500
They were down 2-0 going into the 3rd period and win the game in regulation 3-2 with a goal from Gillies and 2 from Ness.

Unbelievable how these guys get things done without their best players.

Backhand of Justice is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 05:57 PM
  #283
DarkHorse
Go Banana!
 
DarkHorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,005
vCash: 500
Reinforcements are coming.
Riendeau could be a nice addition to the forward lines, and more defense never hurts.

DarkHorse is offline  
Old
02-27-2012, 09:36 PM
  #284
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 12,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
Reinforcements are coming.
Riendeau could be a nice addition to the forward lines, and more defense never hurts.
Yep, he could. I kind of liked what I saw from him in those rookie games.

Gotta say though - JUST UNBELIEVABLE what the Soundtigers have been doing down there this year!

Thompson might be on his way to Coach of the Year.

Chapin Landvogt is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 09:29 AM
  #285
desmond
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
Yep, he could. I kind of liked what I saw from him in those rookie games.

Gotta say though - JUST UNBELIEVABLE what the Soundtigers have been doing down there this year!

Thompson might be on his way to Coach of the Year.
Uniondale next?

desmond is online now  
Old
02-28-2012, 09:44 AM
  #286
BillD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,441
vCash: 500
Yeah, Bridgeport is the team for us to follow this year.

Wondering if Nino gets on their clear day roster and can go in the playoffs?

BillD is online now  
Old
02-28-2012, 10:04 AM
  #287
Sneekypete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Branford,Ct
Country: United States
Posts: 2,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaljudge View Post
Yeah, Bridgeport is the team for us to follow this year.

Wondering if Nino gets on their clear day roster and can go in the playoffs?
Because of his junior eligibility he does not have to be on the clear day roster, also any kid coming from college also does not have to be on the clear day. Only players already in the NHL/ECHL or AHL that do not have junior eligibility

Sneekypete is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 11:45 AM
  #288
BillD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneekypete View Post
Because of his junior eligibility he does not have to be on the clear day roster, also any kid coming from college also does not have to be on the clear day. Only players already in the NHL/ECHL or AHL that do not have junior eligibility
So he can play in the AHL playoffs even if he isn't 20 until September?

BillD is online now  
Old
02-28-2012, 01:14 PM
  #289
Bunk Moreland
Moderator
 
Bunk Moreland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 13,379
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaljudge View Post
So he can play in the AHL playoffs even if he isn't 20 until September?
I actually thought bout that yesterday and messaged Eric Hornick who said "to the best of his understanding Nino is not eligible for AHL playoffs".

Bunk Moreland is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 01:48 PM
  #290
Sneekypete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Branford,Ct
Country: United States
Posts: 2,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin De Haan Job View Post
I actually thought bout that yesterday and messaged Eric Hornick who said "to the best of his understanding Nino is not eligible for AHL playoffs".
Once Portlands season is over he can play for Bport in the playoffs.

Sneekypete is offline  
Old
03-01-2012, 11:08 AM
  #291
BennyBST
Registered User
 
BennyBST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fairfield CT
Country: United States
Posts: 1,990
vCash: 500
BST's Clear Day roster projection

Here is my projected AHL clear day roster for the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The clear day roster is a list of players eligible for the 2012 Calder Cup playoffs. The clear day list consists of 22 players. Players who are signed to ATO contracts are exempt from the roster and are eligible to play no matter what.

Forwards (13): Cizikas, Ullstrom, Rakhshani, Dibo, Colliton, Haley, Marcinko, McNeely, Backman, Frischmon, Howes, Moullierat, Riley

Defensemen (7): de Haan, Wishart, Donovan, Ness, Katic, Oleksy, Landry

Goaltenders (2): Nilsson, Poulin

Extras: These players known as "black aces" or "in residence" are allowed to play under emergency circumstances for the rest of the season due to call ups or injuries.

Forwards: Gillies, Romano, Riendeau, Gallant
Defensemen: Cantin, Sinkewich, Gentile (currently a PTO, not a SPC yet)

This would be my clear day roster. I left Romano off in favor of McNeely as I feel that McNeely plays a chippier game then Romano.

BennyBST is offline  
Old
03-01-2012, 07:49 PM
  #292
Isles Enforcer
Registered User
 
Isles Enforcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,866
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBST View Post
Here is my projected AHL clear day roster for the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The clear day roster is a list of players eligible for the 2012 Calder Cup playoffs. The clear day list consists of 22 players. Players who are signed to ATO contracts are exempt from the roster and are eligible to play no matter what.

Forwards (13): Cizikas, Ullstrom, Rakhshani, Dibo, Colliton, Haley, Marcinko, McNeely, Backman, Frischmon, Howes, Moullierat, Riley

Defensemen (7): de Haan, Wishart, Donovan, Ness, Katic, Oleksy, Landry

Goaltenders (2): Nilsson, Poulin

Extras: These players known as "black aces" or "in residence" are allowed to play under emergency circumstances for the rest of the season due to call ups or injuries.

Forwards: Gillies, Romano, Riendeau, Gallant
Defensemen: Cantin, Sinkewich, Gentile (currently a PTO, not a SPC yet)

This would be my clear day roster. I left Romano off in favor of McNeely as I feel that McNeely plays a chippier game then Romano.
Not a big deal but Gentile was released.

Isles Enforcer is offline  
Old
03-04-2012, 10:03 AM
  #293
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 12,295
vCash: 500
The team suffered its 2nd regulation loss of 2012 against Albany the other night. Poulin let in five goals on 36 shots.

Albany had a few nice goals.

Donovan scored late in the game and had a beauty of a slapshot that beat Frazee despite his not having been screened.

Rakhshani had the other goal.

Chapin Landvogt is offline  
Old
03-04-2012, 12:44 PM
  #294
Islanderfan17
Registered User
 
Islanderfan17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,892
vCash: 500
Thompson > Capuano

Islanderfan17 is offline  
Old
03-04-2012, 06:12 PM
  #295
periferal
Registered User
 
periferal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanderfan17 View Post
Thompson > Capuano
A frog > Capuano

periferal is offline  
Old
03-06-2012, 08:09 PM
  #296
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 12,295
vCash: 500
Poulin got the win in a 6-3 victory over Providence on Sunday.

Two goals a piece for Colliton and Haley. Two assists a piece for Rakhshani and de Haan.
http://theahl.com/stats/official-gam...ame_id=1009509

Chapin Landvogt is offline  
Old
03-06-2012, 08:37 PM
  #297
periferal
Registered User
 
periferal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
Poulin got the win in a 6-3 victory over Providence on Sunday.

Two goals a piece for Colliton and Haley. Two assists a piece for Rakhshani and de Haan.
http://theahl.com/stats/official-gam...ame_id=1009509

It's sad, but I'm at the point where I'm happy to hear de Haan is actually playing and not injured.

periferal is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 09:11 AM
  #298
BennyBST
Registered User
 
BennyBST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fairfield CT
Country: United States
Posts: 1,990
vCash: 500
Last night the sound tigers took on the Worcester Sharks and won 3-2. 2 goals for Rakhshani on his birthday. Donovan, de Haan and Ness each had an assist. Poulin stoppedd 32 of 34 shots for the win.

BennyBST is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 10:45 AM
  #299
IslesNorway
Registered User
 
IslesNorway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,928
vCash: 500
Really lovin' that the Tigers are winning! It creates a positive aura about our prospects and there's a lot of nice experiences to learn from it!

IslesNorway is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 10:47 AM
  #300
bossy22
Registered User
 
bossy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,633
vCash: 500
Who's backing up Poulin?

bossy22 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.