HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Official BST Discussion Thread.

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2012, 02:12 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

vCash: 500
The team has lost a little bit of a step without Cizikas. Colliton has been hurt too. But great game yesterday. They tied it up at 4-4 with less than 10 seconds left in the 2nd, and just came out hard in the 3rd and won.

I thought deHaan played really well. He had a pass very similar to Bailey's last night to Backman, even though he didn't finish. He definitely needs another year in the AHL though. Wishart has played a lot better lately as well. He and deHaan have been a very good pairing.

Old
03-28-2012, 05:31 PM
seafoam

vCash: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
The team has lost a little bit of a step without Cizikas. Colliton has been hurt too. But great game yesterday. They tied it up at 4-4 with less than 10 seconds left in the 2nd, and just came out hard in the 3rd and won.

I thought deHaan played really well. He had a pass very similar to Bailey's last night to Backman, even though he didn't finish. He definitely needs another year in the AHL though. Wishart has played a lot better lately as well. He and deHaan have been a very good pairing.
That is quaint.

Old
03-28-2012, 07:15 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaStromey View Post
That is quaint.
It's weird, I didn't work for a month and Wishart is acting very different. He's getting more pumped, which I barely saw from him when I started working. Maybe he just really likes playing with deHaan.

Old
03-28-2012, 07:31 PM
cjdv16

Quote:
It's weird, I didn't work for a month and Wishart is acting very different. He's getting more pumped, which I barely saw from him when I started working. Maybe he just really likes playing with deHaan.
Dude, what?

Old
03-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Quote:

Sorry I bed to differ. Wishart was TERRIBLE last night. The giveaways and the out of position(s) make me cringe every time he steps on the ice. There was one play in the third period where he was so out of position that de Haan had to race over and cover his ass. Sorry, Ive been watching him a whole hell of a lot and he is God Awful.

Old
03-28-2012, 07:43 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16 View Post
Dude, what?
He's getting more excited to play. He's a lot more energetic than he was when I first started working at Bridgeport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Enforcer View Post
Sorry I bed to differ. Wishart was TERRIBLE last night. The giveaways and the out of position(s) make me cringe every time he steps on the ice. There was one play in the third period where he was so out of position that de Haan had to race over and cover his ass. Sorry, Ive been watching him a whole hell of a lot and he is God Awful.
I didn't get to watch the whole game, I only get to watch bits and pieces. I thought he was solid.

Old
03-28-2012, 08:33 PM
Sneekypete

Wishart is a crappier softer version of Jurcina.........

Old
03-28-2012, 08:42 PM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneekypete View Post
Wishart is a crappier softer version of Jurcina.........
^^ This

Old
03-29-2012, 07:27 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

There's so much I don't like about Wishart. Sadly, I think he's on the fast track to Germany or Switzerland/Sweden's 2nd league. He won't even be more than average there either.

This said, a physical Jurcina is a good think. His checks and his shot hurt people. He is what he is, but he serves a purpose and is a fine NHL addition if playing 60 some games a season on a third pairing.

I don't see any real resemblance between Jurcina and Wishart. I'd clearly take Milan every day of the week and Sundays too.:-)

Old
03-29-2012, 08:29 AM
NYI78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Enforcer View Post
i have to agree with you...he has been terrible...it doesn't even look like he is trying at times

Old
03-29-2012, 09:59 AM
BennyBST

Too bad Wishart declined this season. I thought he looked alright last season in his 25 games in the NHL. I knew despite his size he wasn't physical. I thought he was capable of a bottom pairing guy who can provide some offense. Too bad we didn't get Barberio or Gudas from Tampa for Rollie

It's unfortunate because Wishart is such a class act person, always the first to thank the Sound Tigers booster club for team dinners, participates in every charity event and interacts well with the fanbase. He's the kind of guy you'd love to see succeed just because of the all the good he does off the Ice.

Old
03-29-2012, 10:04 AM
Strummergas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBST View Post
Too bad Wishart declined this season. I thought he looked alright last season in his 25 games in the NHL. I knew despite his size he wasn't physical. I thought he was capable of a bottom pairing guy who can provide some offense. Too bad we didn't get Barberio or Gudas from Tampa for Rollie

It's unfortunate because Wishart is such a class act person, always the first to thank the Sound Tigers booster club for team dinners, participates in every charity event and interacts well with the fanbase. He's the kind of guy you'd love to see succeed just because of the all the good he does off the Ice.
Sounds a lot like "The Chef" in that respect.

Old
03-29-2012, 10:28 AM
BennyBST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummergas View Post
Sounds a lot like "The Chef" in that respect.
At least the Chef was good in Bridgeport

Old
03-29-2012, 10:46 AM
BennyBST

BST Depth Players

Does anyone here who follows Bridgeport closely feel that the majority Oleksy, Howes, Riley, Landry, Moullierat should all be brought back as role players to support a cast of prospects next season? I feel that they've all earned it and some could get consideration for an NHL deal. Oleksy has also been playing forward and has done a solid job.

2012-2013 (With Cizikas and Ullstrom still eligible)
Nino-Cizikas-Rakhshani
Dibo-Ullstrom-Kabanov
Persson-Halmo-Howes
Oleksy-Moullierat-Riley

de Haan- Joe Callahan "type"
Donovan-Kicton
Ness-Landry

Poulin/Nilsson
Koskinen

Old
03-29-2012, 11:00 AM
seafoam

vCash: 446
Quote:
Does anyone here who follows Bridgeport closely feel that the majority Oleksy, Howes, Riley, Landry, Moullierat should all be brought back as role players to support a cast of prospects next season? I feel that they've all earned it and some could get consideration for an NHL deal. Oleksy has also been playing forward and has done a solid job.

Nino-Cizikas-Rakhshani
Dibo-Ullstrom-Kabanov
Persson-Halmo-Howes
Oleksy-Moullierat-Riley

Donovan-Kicton
Ness-Landry

Poulin/NilssonKoskinen
Will be in the NHL

Old
03-29-2012, 12:05 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaStromey View Post
Will be in the NHL
I don't think Cizikas or Nilsson will be in the NHL full time next year.

Old
03-29-2012, 12:27 PM
colman

Quote:
Originally Posted by colman View Post
Well if we cant get some of those guys you listed the local guys had pretty good seasons in Hockey East .Marcou attended the last two Isles prospect camp and did well .From what i hear the three of these locals are talking to teams.Maine still playing so they have to wait Diamond and Mangene are JRS ,Marcou is a senior now and season is over
Well we bring a kid from Long Island to two summer camps and he does well and Mike Marcou signs with Oklahoma City Barons of the AHL. Congrads Mike Marcou

Old
03-29-2012, 12:44 PM
redbull
game on

Quote:
I don't think Cizikas or Nilsson will be in the NHL full time next year.
Among the forwards, Cizikas is the closest to an NHL job next year, and Ullstrom not far behind

On defense, I think 1 or 2 of deHaan, Donovan, Ness may make the jump.

I don't think any goalies will make the jump because of DiPietro, otherwise, I could see one of Poulin or Nilsson being good enough to split duty with Nabokov next season, though I expect both to split time in the AHL.

---
As an aside, I heard Ken Holland on radio yesterday talking about DET injury issues, getting healthy now, and how their younger players have stepped up. He specifically named Brendan Smith (who's spent a few years in the AHL, got some NHL time due to injuries this year) as a guy who he feels can step in a play important playoff minutes if they need him to.

He also mentioned Nyquist, Abdelkader as players who have stepped in or emerged as effective players to fill important roles in injury situations.

This is what I'd LIKE TO see from the NYI.

If they can sign 2 forwards and 2 defensemen, NHL caliber players, and allow Cizikas, Ullstrom, Nino, Strome, Nelson, deHaan, Donovan etc to further develop in their respective leagues RATHER than learn-on-the-job in the hardest league in the world....that's what I'd like to see.

Cizikas and Ullstrom look promising, for sure, but they do have only FOUR goals in 43 games between them. It's not like they're producing at the NHL level, though they look good at times.

Old
03-29-2012, 07:01 PM
Isles Enforcer

I still think one of de Haan, Donovan or Ness will make the team next year. I think Riley and or Oleksy should def be on this team (BST) next season. Not exactly sure how many spots are going to be open, with a few RFA's (Katic, DiBo) and UFA's (Haley, Colliton) considered. But all the PTO guys have been solid. But just like last season it all depends on how much room we have on the roster.

On an aside, if both Gillies AND Gallant are let go, you have to re-sign Haley. Wish he was on the 4th line on LI, but he should def be on this team either way.

Old
03-30-2012, 09:23 PM
boredmale

Looks like Ullstrom didn't take the demotion that badly, he got 2 goals in a 6-2 win.

Old
03-30-2012, 10:15 PM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Looks like Ullstrom didn't take the demotion that badly, he got 2 goals in a 6-2 win.
BP on another mini-roll, which is grt b/c I'm already planning on seeing some PO action. Re: Ullstrom, Wondering what the rationale was for the demotion to BP? He played well. Give Nino some playing time?

Ullstrom is the most NHL ready, I would be shocked if he is not a regular fixture on the 3rd line next year. Once he gets stronger on his skates he is going to be an EXCELLENT checking forward.

Cizikas needs another year at Bridge. I believe he has untapped offense that he can develop at BP. He won't look out of place at the NHL, but it never hurts to over-ripen.

Old
03-30-2012, 10:32 PM
HomerJay88

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedIsles View Post
BP on another mini-roll, which is grt b/c I'm already planning on seeing some PO action. Re: Ullstrom, Wondering what the rationale was for the demotion to BP? He played well. Give Nino some playing time?

Ullstrom is the most NHL ready, I would be shocked if he is not a regular fixture on the 3rd line next year. Once he gets stronger on his skates he is going to be an EXCELLENT checking forward.

Cizikas needs another year at Bridge. I believe he has untapped offense that he can develop at BP. He won't look out of place at the NHL, but it never hurts to over-ripen.
I don't think its a demotion. I believe he should support Bridgeport to reach the Playoffs or the Division title. Ciziskas will hopefully follow.

Old
03-30-2012, 11:32 PM
Sneekypete

In a night full of positives, De Haan was brutally bad tonight with numberous turnovers. He turned the puck over 5 times and 1 led to a goal, trying to stick handle in front of his own net and then trying to pass up the middle...
Also Ullstrom was obscenely good in all 3 zones tonight, including some grit...He should have had the hatrick but a great save on a nice feed from Haley was made.

Old
04-02-2012, 08:20 AM
NYI78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneekypete View Post
In a night full of positives, De Haan was brutally bad tonight with numberous turnovers. He turned the puck over 5 times and 1 led to a goal, trying to stick handle in front of his own net and then trying to pass up the middle...
Also Ullstrom was obscenely good in all 3 zones tonight, including some grit...He should have had the hatrick but a great save on a nice feed from Haley was made.
agreed Ullstrom is by far the most nhl ready..its not close...cizikas will be in the nhl but should start in bport next season....donovan is closer than dehaan but i think bith will be on the big club at some point next season..Olesky needs to be brought back

Old
04-02-2012, 09:08 AM
Sneekypete

Quote:

Nino-Cizikas-Rakhshani
Dibo-Ullstrom-Kabanov
Persson-Halmo-Howes
Oleksy-Moullierat-Riley

Donovan-Kicton
Ness-Landry

Poulin/Nilsson
Koskinen
I would like to see Oleksy, Moullierat and Landry back as definites and would be fine with Howes and Riley back as depth guys

Closed Thread