HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Official BST Discussion Thread.

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2012, 09:32 AM
BennyBST

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneekypete View Post
I would like to see Oleksy, Moullierat and Landry back as definites and would be fine with Howes and Riley back as depth guys
Do you think any of those guys could get NHL deals? I think Oleksy is a near definite as far as being re-signed. He is versatile, tough and is one of the fan favorites. Blair Riley has done a tremendous job on the 4th line and has started to deliver some offense. Landry looks like he might be the 2nd best offensive defenseman on the team. I think Howes might be the least likely to be brought back.

I was wondering if Tony Romano has any shot of getting a QO after the recent hot streak he is on? Believe it or not he has improved every season. It could happen, no one expected Marcinko to be brought back.

On a side note... My mom makes these "spirit bracelets" made out of beads with the players name and numbers in the team colors and she sells them at the booster club table to raise money for our charities. So Calvin de Haan's family was down from Ontario to visit their son. She came up to my mom and said "you spelled our last name wrong", "excuse me" my mom said. Mrs. de haan replies "The D in de Haan is lower case!" my mom goes "I'm sorry they don't make lower case letters". "FINE. Just give me the damn bracelet" Let's just say my mom isn't too fond of Mrs. de Haan.

However, almost every family that has come to visit their sons play for Bridgeport have been overly nice, namely the Donovans, Collitons and Ullstroms.

Old
04-02-2012, 09:42 AM
BennyBST

Here are the highlights from yesterday's Sound Tiger OT win. A nifty backhander by Donovan is at about the 0:22 mark. Persson also pushed in a goal on a wrap-around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKGdn...ature=youtu.be

Andrey Pedan's Guelph Storm have been eliminated in the OHL playoffs by Plymouth, thus making him eligible to go to Bridgeport for the remainder of the season.

Last edited by BennyBST: 04-02-2012 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Pedan
Old
04-02-2012, 11:37 AM
LAIslanderFan

One thing that's kind of curious about Bridgeport, is the fact that they seem to give up alot of shots on goal. I've never seen them play, but I try to follow them by checking their box scores.

From everything I read, they have some really good defensemen, ready to take the next step. Donovan, Ness, DeHaan, and although Wishart has been a disappointment, he was respectable last year when he came up to the Islanders, so one would assume with his size and reach he a pretty good AHL defensemen.

So why so many shots on goal against? That makes me pause to think when I hear Donovan, Ness and DeHaan are constantly in the conversation about making the Islanders next year.

Old
04-02-2012, 11:42 AM
NYI78

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAIslanderFan View Post
One thing that's kind of curious about Bridgeport, is the fact that they seem to give up alot of shots on goal. I've never seen them play, but I try to follow them by checking their box scores.

From everything I read, they have some really good defensemen, ready to take the next step. Donovan, Ness, DeHaan, and although Wishart has been a disappointment, he was respectable last year when he came up to the Islanders, so one would assume with his size and reach he a pretty good AHL defensemen.

So why so many shots on goal against? That makes me pause to think when I hear Donovan, Ness and DeHaan are constantly in the conversation about making the Islanders next year.
wishart is terrible...i think dehaan will be fine because he has to make up for wishart's play....i think one of the reasons the shot toals are higher in general in the ahl is their are more power plays...the nhl has stopped called interference and let the clutch and grab come back..each team seems to have 5 powerplays a night in the ahl

Old
04-02-2012, 02:11 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBST View Post
Here are the highlights from yesterday's Sound Tiger OT win. A nifty backhander by Donovan is at about the 0:22 mark. Persson also pushed in a goal on a wrap-around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKGdn...ature=youtu.be

Andrey Pedan's Guelph Storm have been eliminated in the OHL playoffs by Plymouth, thus making him eligible to go to Bridgeport for the remainder of the season.
Any word that he will?

If he does he could still go back to the OHL next year though, right?

Old
04-02-2012, 02:15 PM
StrongIslanders90

How has Poulin Looked?

Old
04-02-2012, 02:24 PM
miscreant
Charles in Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Any word that he will?

He is OHL eligible next year.
But is he even signed yet? And if so, is he good enough at this point in his development to be useful at the AHL level?

Old
04-02-2012, 02:27 PM
kuwo

Quote:
Any word that he will?

I believe the only other option for Pedan would be the NHL (ineligible for AHL), so yes, he could return to Guelph next year.

Old
04-02-2012, 02:33 PM
BennyBST

Quote:
Any word that he will?

He would not be AHL eligible for a full season until 2013-14.
He can join Bridgeport on an ATO, it doesn't matter if he's not signed to an ELC.

Poulin has looked alright, and yes he does face a lot of shots. The reason? Not necessarily sure. If anything I'd say the forwards aren't the best defensively. The defense has had their shares of giveaways too.

Old
04-02-2012, 02:40 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
How has Poulin Looked?
Awesome. Like someone said, Bridgeport gives up a lot of shots. He's come up with some big games to win.

Old
04-02-2012, 03:39 PM
WangMustGo
NYI

vCash: 3178
Quote:
He would not be AHL eligible for a full season until 2013-14.
He can join Bridgeport on an ATO, it doesn't matter if he's not signed to an ELC.

Poulin has looked alright, and yes he does face a lot of shots. The reason? Not necessarily sure. If anything I'd say the forwards aren't the best defensively. The defense has had their shares of giveaways too.
Would this mean that Strome can also sign an ATO once Narnia is out of the playoffs?

Old
04-02-2012, 03:44 PM
BennyBST

Quote:
Originally Posted by WangMustGo View Post
Would this mean that Strome can also sign an ATO once Narnia is out of the playoffs?
Absolutely. I do expect Niagara to win at least another round though. Hopefully Bridgeport will still be alive once Strome's jr season is over.

Old
04-02-2012, 03:46 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by WangMustGo View Post
I thought Strome signed his ELC this past summer?

Old
04-02-2012, 04:11 PM
BennyBST

Quote:
I thought Strome signed his ELC this past summer?
He did, but due to the fact that he didn't play more than 9 games in the NHL this season he'd be eligible. I stand corrected, the formal AHL transaction would say "ADD Ryan Strome assigned by New York Islanders from Niagara (OHL)" He would not be on an ATO literally, but technically he would, I'm not sure he'd get paid anything because I think his contract already slid to next season. So it would not be an ATO.

Old
04-02-2012, 04:28 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
He did, but due to the fact that he didn't play more than 9 games in the NHL this season he'd be eligible. I stand corrected, the formal AHL transaction would say "ADD Ryan Strome assigned by New York Islanders from Niagara (OHL)" He would not be on an ATO literally, but technically he would, I'm not sure he'd get paid anything because I think his contract already slid to next season. So it would not be an ATO.
One wierd thought that just crossed my mind....If he were to play 9 playoff games with the AHL would it burn a year or does it have to be NHL?

Also Lets say an 18 year old makes the NHL out of camp, but gets hurt before the season starts. They allow rehab stints in the AHL(Nino did it) what if that player plays 10 games in the AHL and then gets called back to the NHL but before he ever plays an NHL game the team sends him back to Juniors?......

Would that be legal and would it burn a year off of the ELC?

Old
04-02-2012, 05:22 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Absolutely. I do expect Niagara to win at least another round though. Hopefully Bridgeport will still be alive once Strome's jr season is over.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Niagara go to the Memorial Cup, they have a pretty stacked team

Old
04-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Back to the original discussion. Oleksy and Landry have to be definites. Although all the PTO guys will not have problems getting AHL deals next season. I think the wild card is Riley. He's pretty solid in all aspects of the game and would not shock me to see him get invited to an NHL camp next year. The Islanders are known for inviting most of the Bridgeport players to camp either kiddie or main camp so I wonder if any of these guys get a call from Garth.

Moving on... Like I've said before, de Haan has made strides this season and as someone said, his defensive game has to be good because he's always picking up Wisharts trash. I think he makes the Islanders next season, even if Donovan and Ness are ahead of him in development.

The Donovans have always been a pleasure whenever I have sen them. Met them at Prospect Camp in Matts draft year and they were great. Never met de Haans parents.

BST released Tyler Gron today so I wonder if they are planning ahead for either Pedan or Strome. I assume the Islanders will keep Haley and send Cizikas down for the rest of the season, although I think Haley deserves to play for a championship. He is a leader on that team and although the ultimate goal is to play in the NHL, seeing BST make a decent run (barring any collisions with Norfolk) would be awesome for Haley.

Old
04-02-2012, 08:08 PM
BennyBST

Casey Cizikas was nominated by the Sound Tigers for the AHL's Yanick Dupre Memorial Award for his time and efforts to charities of the greater Bridgeport area. Casey has been active with children's hospital visits, the mentally disabled and serving food at soup kitchens for the homeless. I thought it would be Wishart, but the Sound Tigers and the Islanders should be very proud of the participation they get from the players giving back.

Old
04-02-2012, 08:19 PM
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!

Quote:
Casey Cizikas was nominated by the Sound Tigers for the AHL's Yanick Dupre Memorial Award for his time and efforts to charities of the greater Bridgeport area. Casey has been active with children's hospital visits, the mentally disabled and serving food at soup kitchens for the homeless. I thought it would be Wishart, but the Sound Tigers and the Islanders should be very proud of the participation they get from the players giving back.
That's nice to hear.

Old
04-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Sneekypete

Quote:
Do you think any of those guys could get NHL deals? I think Oleksy is a near definite as far as being re-signed. He is versatile, tough and is one of the fan favorites. Blair Riley has done a tremendous job on the 4th line and has started to deliver some offense. Landry looks like he might be the 2nd best offensive defenseman on the team. I think Howes might be the least likely to be brought back.

I was wondering if Tony Romano has any shot of getting a QO after the recent hot streak he is on? Believe it or not he has improved every season. It could happen, no one expected Marcinko to be brought back.

On a side note... My mom makes these "spirit bracelets" made out of beads with the players name and numbers in the team colors and she sells them at the booster club table to raise money for our charities. So Calvin de Haan's family was down from Ontario to visit their son. She came up to my mom and said "you spelled our last name wrong", "excuse me" my mom said. Mrs. de haan replies "The D in de Haan is lower case!" my mom goes "I'm sorry they don't make lower case letters". "FINE. Just give me the damn bracelet" Let's just say my mom isn't too fond of Mrs. de Haan.

However, almost every family that has come to visit their sons play for Bridgeport have been overly nice, namely the Donovans, Collitons and Ullstroms.
I m not sure about NHL deals but it would not surprise me if Landry recieved one for 1 year, he is silky smooth for a 29 year old...lol. I think Moulliart may be a career AHL`r but I would like to see a full season of him. He just kind of flies under the radar and always seems to make the smart and creative play.
I think Marcinko is done this season and they may bring back Romano for 1 more year but that was before the Isles traded for Riendeau. I love the way Riley plays, he has speed grit and hockey sense even in a small package. I would love to see Halmo, Gallant and Riley on the 4th line for a game or 2....
Howes quietly also plays a nice game and has some grit but we will see on him also, if I have to choose between he and Riley I want Riley back, Riley just brings more things to the table.
With regaurds to the DE HAAN family for every 50 hockey player and families that are down to earth you get 1 set of rude people.

Old
04-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Sneekypete

Nino - Nelson - Kabanov
Petrov - Cizikas - Rhakshani
Persson - Halmo -Dibo
Gallant -
Marcinko-Riendeau-McNeely-Romano are all RFA
I think Haley and maybe Colliton or Frischmon may be brought back

Donovon-DeHaan
Ness - Kitchon
Katic - Cantin
1 or 2 of the Dmen may be in the NHL

Poulin
Nilsson
1 of Poulin or Nilsson may be in the NHL

This is a very early look of what Bridgeport could look like next year. Not sure if I am leaving anyone out....

This is also what I have been preaching for years competition makes the cream rise to the top, players fighting for more ice time and spots in the NHL push each other to play better.

Old
04-03-2012, 05:59 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Nino - Nelson - Kabanov
Persson - Halmo -Dibo
Gallant -

Donovon-DeHaan
Ness - Kitchon
Katic - Cantin

Poulin
Nilsson

This is a very early look of what Bridgeport could look like next year. Not sure if I am leaving anyone out....

This is also what I have been preaching for years competition makes the cream rise to the top, players fighting for more ice time and spots in the NHL push each other to play better.
that top 6 is dirty....

Old
04-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

Quote:
Nino - Nelson - Kabanov
Persson - Halmo -Dibo
Gallant -

Donovon-DeHaan
Ness - Kitchon
Katic - Cantin

Poulin
Nilsson

Alexandrov, Wishart, Olesky?

Old
04-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Sneekypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarmynative View Post
Alexandrov, Wishart, Olesky?
I dont think wishart will be tendered
I don`t know anything about Alexandrov, I hope he comes over
Olesky is a UFA

Old
04-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

F Gillies, Trevor $625,000 UFA
F Frischmon, Trevor $615,000 UFA
F Riendeau, Yannick EL $613,333 RFA
F Marcinko, Tomas $605,000 RFA
F Colliton, Jeremy $600,000 UFA
F Backman, Sean $525,000 RFA
F McNeely, Tyler EL $525,000 RFA
F Romano, Tony EL $508,333 RFA
F DiBenedetto, J. EL $508,333 RFA
F Gillies, Trevor $625,000 UFA
D Katic, Mark EL $875,000 RFA
D Alexandrov, Yuri EL $850,000 RFA
F Rakhshani, Rhett EL $850,000 RFA
D Wishart, Ty $803,250 RFA
G Koskinen, Mikko EL $1,150,000RFA

There are all of the NHL contracts in the AHL that end at the end of the year.

I expect Riendeau, Colliton, DiBo, Katic, Alexandrov, Rhak, Wishart, and Koskinen to be resigned

Closed Thread