HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

2012-2013 Official BST Discussion Thread.

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2012, 06:32 AM
NYI78

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Enforcer View Post
Whats your point, Mark Wotton, Dustin Kohn and Mark Katic made the ASG the last few years too.
meaning that everyone over reacts way to much on this board...to the point where its not even fun vcoming to this site anymore..its like point blank 2.0

Old
01-06-2012, 06:40 PM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI78 View Post
meaning that everyone over reacts way to much on this board...to the point where its not even fun vcoming to this site anymore..its like point blank 2.0
Understood but MY point was just because you made the ASG, doesn't really mean you're going to be that great of a player. Rem they have to pick someone from every team.

Not saying de Haan is a bust, just saying lets not get all fuzzy inside cuz he made the ASG.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:46 PM
NastyNate17

Poulin looks good so far in tonight's game against the Pirates.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:58 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate17 View Post
Poulin looks good so far in tonight's game against the Pirates.
Poulin has set the Soundtigers longest shutout streak according to Fornabio..

Old
01-07-2012, 07:02 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Enforcer View Post
Understood but MY point was just because you made the ASG, doesn't really mean you're going to be that great of a player. Rem they have to pick someone from every team.

Not saying de Haan is a bust, just saying lets not get all fuzzy inside cuz he made the ASG.

I'm glad he made the all-star team.
If another ST had been choosen instead,we'd be flooded with posts about how he can't even impress in the AHL.

Old
01-07-2012, 07:40 PM
NastyNate17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin De Haan Job View Post
Poulin has set the Soundtigers longest shutout streak according to Fornabio..
Yup, I believe he needed just over 17 mins tonight to break it.

He's not done yet, 24 saves through 2 periods.

Old
01-07-2012, 08:31 PM
NastyNate17

Poulin extends his shutout streak to 3 games.

31 saves on the night.

Old
01-07-2012, 08:40 PM
kasper11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate17 View Post
Poulin extends his shutout streak to 3 games.

31 saves on the night.
With Montoya/DP out and Nabokov looking shaky after playing a bunch in a row, wonder if Poulin gets the call soon.

Old
01-07-2012, 08:45 PM
Hip Of Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
With Montoya/DP out and Nabokov looking shaky after playing a bunch in a row, wonder if Poulin gets the call soon.
Id rather see him keep it up than get shelled up here. Let Nabokov take the beating and let Poulin develop, the season is long lost why kill another prospect. We are already on the way to making Nino into a bust.

Old
01-08-2012, 01:38 PM
crashthenet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick View Post
Id rather see him keep it up than get shelled up here. Let Nabokov take the beating and let Poulin develop, the season is long lost why kill another prospect. We are already on the way to making Nino into a bust.
I'd rather see them add a vet than bring up Poulin.

Old
01-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Lasted one period before giving up a goal today against Providence.

EDIT: de Haan dove to block a shot and hit his shoulder on the goalpost. Left the game clutching his shoulder.

Old
01-08-2012, 06:31 PM
C77

I went to the game today.

De Haan got injured....I didn't see the play I just saw him sliding on the ice (laying down) for about 50 feet. When he got up it looked like a separated shoulder...He was in real obvious pain. He did not return to the game.

Anyways, Bridgeport was a bit better than Providence although, as expected, neither team was very impressive.

There was an awesome fight between Olson and Robins...Robins was nuts giving away a good amount of size but he tagged Olson good with one shot. Toward the end of the lengthy bout Olson was throwing wild haymakers...If one had connected it would have been ugly.

Otherwise...both teams had long 5 on 3's in the first period. Providence did nothing with theirs and De Haan hit the post.

Oleksy skated well...and Cizikas was around the puck a lot.

Poulin wasn't challenged too much...Providence only had 4 shots in the 2nd period.

If Bridgeport had more talented forwards they could have won the game with 5 goals...Providence was turning the puck over unforced at their defensive blue line....really inexcusable stuff too a couple times like a defenseman trying to stickhandle around a forechecker instead of making a sure play.

For Providence, Colby Cohen was noticeably bad. Bodnarchuk skated real well. Bartkowski was decent but he isn't a really fluid type of defenseman. Khudobin kept the P-Bruins in the game with some good saves.

Old
01-10-2012, 04:59 PM
thedonger

vCash: 50
any updates on cdh?

Old
01-13-2012, 01:52 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Hey need some help from and B'port locals or regulars... Heading up for the game Sunday was thinking about making a day trip of it and heading up early. Any suggestions for things to do if any? Places to eat? If it's not worth going early I'll just go to the game.

Old
01-13-2012, 02:19 PM
Sneekypete

Quote:
Hey need some help from and B'port locals or regulars... Heading up for the game Sunday was thinking about making a day trip of it and heading up early. Any suggestions for things to do if any? Places to eat? If it's not worth going early I'll just go to the game.
Rich and Ralphs is very close to the arena, you can park in the garage and walk 150 yards to get there, it has italian food and a nice bar but I can`t recall what time they open on Sunday`s.
Another place is Marissa`s (again not sure of what time). If you want a serious steak or slab of bacon Josephs in Bport is a good steakhouse ( you will pay and again not sure of time they open).
Barcelona(Spanish) in Stamford, or Malta in Fairfield for pizza`s and usually some nice women bouncing around.

Old
01-13-2012, 05:47 PM
Isles Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneekypete View Post
Rich and Ralphs is very close to the arena, you can park in the garage and walk 150 yards to get there, it has italian food and a nice bar but I can`t recall what time they open on Sunday`s.
Another place is Marissa`s (again not sure of what time). If you want a serious steak or slab of bacon Josephs in Bport is a good steakhouse ( you will pay and again not sure of time they open).
Barcelona(Spanish) in Stamford, or Malta in Fairfield for pizza`s and usually some nice women bouncing around.
Really like the food here!

Old
01-14-2012, 01:02 PM
LAIslanderFan

Quote:
I haven't been to a game in Bridgeport yet, but I did have a chance to travel through Conn a few years ago. If you have time, you've got to stop in New Haven and have a pizza at Frank Pepe's Pizzeria Napoletana, or "Pepe's" pizza. The restaurant has been there since 1936 and they've been using the same coal-fired brick oven. He invented the white clam pie, it's amazing.
It's in the little Italy section of New Haven and it might be the best pizza in the country!

Old
01-14-2012, 01:10 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAIslanderFan View Post
I haven't been to a game in Bridgeport yet, but I did have a chance to travel through Conn a few years ago. If you have time, you've got to stop in New Haven and have a pizza at Frank Pepe's Pizzeria Napoletana, or "Pepe's" pizza. The restaurant has been there since 1936 and they've been using the same coal-fired brick oven. He invented the white clam pie, it's amazing.
It's in the little Italy section of New Haven and it might be the best pizza in the country!
I personally prefer Sally's over Pepe's. They're only a couple of blocks away from eachother so you can't go wrong either way.

Old
01-14-2012, 01:33 PM
Sneekypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
I personally prefer Sally's over Pepe's. They're only a couple of blocks away from eachother so you can't go wrong either way.
Modern Pizza on State st. is better then both, unless you want a white clam from Pepe`s( fresh clams r key) but all 3 have there own niche.

Old
01-15-2012, 08:43 AM
TeamKidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamKidd View Post

Donovan is 3-9-12 -8
Wishart 1-8-9 -5
DeHaan is 2-6-8 -3
Ness is 2-8-10 -6

Now i'll admit, those numbers dont look pretty. but you have to think they'll get better, and if this is the WORST they do, which you have to think it will be, then thats not so bad.

Donovan is putting up decent points, DeHaan is actually pretty reliable at a -3, and ness is somewhere in the middle.

so looking through the lens of "this is the worst its going to be" ....maybe its not so bad?
Here is an update since our discussion of their poor beginnings to the season. here is their updated stats:

Donovan (38g) 4-16-20 +/- -1
Wishart (39g) 1-9-10 -9
DeHaan (32g) 2-7-9 -5
Ness (39g) 2-13-15 +/- 0

So that means since our freakout about their play in late november, they've gone:

Donovan 1-7-8 +7
Wishart 0-1-1 -4
DeHaan 0-1-1 -2
Ness 0-5-5 +6

Clearly Donovan and Ness have stepped up their games significantly, while wishart continues on his sucky way. DeHaan has been injured so....

There is hope. Im getting to the point where id rather see donovan and ness up here than some of our worst offenders on D.

Old
01-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares

vCash: 50
I think I saw on twitter they are on a 6 game win streak. If that's true that's great considering the callups and injuries they have gone through this year. I really hope the pull through and make the playoffs.

Old
01-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Isles Enforcer

Quote:
Here is an update since our discussion of their poor beginnings to the season. here is their updated stats:

Wishart (39g) 1-9-10 -9
DeHaan (32g) 2-7-9 -5
Ness (39g) 2-13-15 +/- 0

So that means since our freakout about their play in late november, they've gone:

Donovan 1-7-8 +7
Wishart 0-1-1 -4
DeHaan 0-1-1 -2
Ness 0-5-5 +6

Clearly Donovan and Ness have stepped up their games significantly, while wishart continues on his sucky way. DeHaan has been injured so....

There is hope. Im getting to the point where id rather see donovan and ness up here than some of our worst offenders on D.
Please take into account that both Ness and Donovan play PP and PK and have been "+" throughout. What you don't see on the scoreboard is that their defensive abilities are getting stronger. Which means they are "developing."

Old
01-15-2012, 01:37 PM
KingLio21093
Casey Zeeky

What's up with Dibo? He's been injured for a real long time. What exactly was his injury for anyway?

Old
01-15-2012, 01:49 PM
LAIslanderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
I was actually debating between Sally's and Pepe's. I'll have to give Sally's a try next time I'm in the area.

Old
01-15-2012, 01:53 PM
scott99

Quote:

Wishart (39g) 1-9-10 -9
DeHaan (32g) 2-7-9 -5
Ness (39g) 2-13-15 +/- 0

Donovan 1-7-8 +7
Wishart 0-1-1 -4
DeHaan 0-1-1 -2
Ness 0-5-5 +6

[QUOTE=TeamKidd;42518371]Here is an update since our discussion of their poor beginnings to the season. here is their updated stats:

Wishart (39g) 1-9-10 -9
DeHaan (32g) 2-7-9 -5
Ness (39g) 2-13-15 +/- 0

Looks like statistically speaking, Donovan and Ness are getting more comfortable with the Pro game. I was always impressed by Donovan when I watched his Denver games, and was really impressed by him at the WJHC in 2009. Ness, never impressed me when I watched his college games, BUT he has impressed me during the Islander's Roookie scrimmage games the last two years.

I may be in the minority, but I think Donovan has higher upside than De haan. He just seems to have a really good offensive mind, and is steady defensively.

Closed Thread