HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

DiPietro Discussion Thread Part II (Post 746 **Placed on Waivers**)

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2013, 12:47 PM
Volek25

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Volek25
I have a feeling this will be Ricky's last chance. Nabokov will be starting the majority of games, especially w the 48 game season. They're not going to pull Poulin and Nilsson out of the Bridge to sit on the bench, when they both should be playing regularly like they are now and continue there development.

Eventually, next year or year after, one of those 2 are going to be our #1 goalie or at least get a fighting chance. Nabokov only has a one year contract. Who knows how much longer he'll be with us and as much as many ppl won't want to hear this, Garth and Charles aren't stupid enough to make Ricky the #1 again, just won't happen....

Old
01-11-2013, 01:30 PM
West Coast Isles Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volek25 View Post
I have a feeling this will be Ricky's last chance. Nabokov will be starting the majority of games, especially w the 48 game season. They're not going to pull Poulin and Nilsson out of the Bridge to sit on the bench, when they both should be playing regularly like they are now and continue there development.

Eventually, next year or year after, one of those 2 are going to be our #1 goalie or at least get a fighting chance. Nabokov only has a one year contract. Who knows how much longer he'll be with us and as much as many ppl won't want to hear this, Garth and Charles aren't stupid enough to make Ricky the #1 again, just won't happen....
Unfortunately, the problem is that we do not have a good shot to win the games that he plays. Every time he is on the roster, it is like the team waving the white flag of surrender for the season.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:01 PM
bigtim1988
veteran user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Isles Fan View Post
Unfortunately, the problem is that we do not have a good shot to win the games that he plays. Every time he is on the roster, it is like the team waving the white flag of surrender for the season.
yea exactly, i cant see chucky paying rickety 4.5 mil to play in bridgeport, especially if hes healthy. he hasn't seen constant NHL action in 6 years, so his skills have diminished considerably. I honestly feel he would have a somewhat hard time in bridgeport

Old
01-11-2013, 06:14 PM
Volek25

Send a message via AIM to Volek25
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Isles Fan View Post
I agree w you for sure. He doesn't give us a chance to win when he plays. Unfortunately by keeping Ricky as backup and the youngsters in the bridge, it kind of tells me the Snow/Wang n Co. aren't planning on winning or making playoffs now. They're still planning for the future, enter Poulin/Nilsson. They can't stay down in the bridge for too much longer tho.

But again this will be Ricky's last chance. History has proven his body can't last and who knows what will happen this or next summer w the new buyout rules...I still like letting Poulin/Nilsson progress in the bridge, getting lots of games and experience.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:42 PM
OlTimeHockey

Poulin and Nilsson can stay in the Bridge for two or three more years if it's what they need to get NHL ready.

Enter a scrub who can play. Or a signee from an NHL or college or KHL team, anything.

Just plan every move as if you want to win every game the Islanders dress for.

THERE'S a plan!

If Poulin is steady and solid, or Nilsson is steady and solid....promote them, but until then, don't dare touch them unless it's an emergency. Those two are our future.

As is Strome.

As is Nino.

As is Griff.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:57 PM
Mr Wentworth
Arch Duke of Raleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
Poulin and Nilsson can stay in the Bridge for two or three more years if it's what they need to get NHL ready.

Enter a scrub who can play. Or a signee from an NHL or college or KHL team, anything.

Just plan every move as if you want to win every game the Islanders dress for.

THERE'S a plan!

If Poulin is steady and solid, or Nilsson is steady and solid....promote them, but until then, don't dare touch them unless it's an emergency. Those two are our future.

As is Strome.

As is Nino.

As is Griff.
Codey Rosen

Old
01-13-2013, 12:00 AM
bigbren92

I'm actually somewhat happy that the amnesty buyout is after this season. Rick has one last shot right now to play himself out of that buyout. Maybe that will be enough motivation to get a good season out of him if he stays healthy. I know it's the same DP that we all know and hate, but I do think this is either a new beginning, or the beginning of the end. Either one isn't so bad

Old
01-13-2013, 12:07 AM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbren92 View Post
I'm actually somewhat happy that the amnesty buyout is after this season. Rick has one last shot right now to play himself out of that buyout. Maybe that will be enough motivation to get a good season out of him if he stays healthy. I know it's the same DP that we all know and hate, but I do think this is either a new beginning, or the beginning of the end. Either one isn't so bad
I don't think motivation has ever been Ricks problem. His effort is always max. It's just that his body can't handle being a pro goalie, and all of the injuries and time off have eroded his skills.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:13 AM
bigbren92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
I don't think motivation has ever been Ricks problem. His effort is always max. It's just that his body can't handle being a pro goalie, and all of the injuries and time off have eroded his skills.
I don't disagree, but for the first time his job is truly in jeopardy. He's going to force himself to not make bonehead mistakes that will get him hurt. I dont think he'll be the old DP ever again, but I am not as pessimistic as everyone else on these boards.

Old
01-13-2013, 11:01 AM
Islanders1932

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413436

Isles need to follow this with DP.

Quote:
Under the new collective bargaining agreement signed Saturday, the cap is to plunge by about $10 million next season, but teams will be allowed two "amnesty" buyouts to help reach the cap.

However, if a player is injured, he cannot be bought out.
We cannot risk letting DP play and get injured just so that we cannot buy him out.

Old
01-14-2013, 03:43 PM
Bones45

DP - I couldn't resist

Just for s's and giggles, I googled DP (news)

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...rock-and-roll/

ďIíve had such extensive surgeries, they say it takes a couple of years after that serious of surgery to actually feel back to yourself. I think a lot of the stuff was me rushing back too soon, or just having other stuff go wrong because you compensate for surgery that really hadnít quite yet come back all the way."

Excellent. I don't remember if everyone thought he came back to soon, and it wasn't proven.

But now, I guess its proven.

So now, and my hatred for him will be pushed to the backburner, what is the guestimate as to how many games he plays before:

1. Lets in a shot from the blueline?
2. Overplays the puck, and crosses up the defensemen
3. Makes a bad decision while overplaying the puck, and passes right to the opposition for an empty netter?
4. "tweeks" a body part, and is out "indefinitely"

God, I love this game.. (and I mean the DP game, not hockey)

Old
01-14-2013, 03:55 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones45 View Post

ďIíve had such extensive surgeries, they say it takes a couple of years after that serious of surgery to actually feel back to yourself. I think a lot of the stuff was me rushing back too soon, or just having other stuff go wrong because you compensate for surgery that really hadnít quite yet come back all the way."

Excellent. I don't remember if everyone thought he came back to soon, and it wasn't proven.

So now, and my hatred for him will be pushed to the backburner, what is the guestimate as to how many games he plays before:

3. Makes a bad decision while overplaying the puck, and passes right to the opposition for an empty netter?

Hooray, another "Bash DP" thread.

Of all the things to complain about with this team, you choose to go with the guy who most likely won't even play... Interesting choice.

Old
01-14-2013, 03:57 PM
Hipietro

You should've resisted.

Old
01-14-2013, 04:06 PM
Bones45

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post

Of all the things to complain about with this team, you choose to go with the guy who most likely won't even play... Interesting choice.
its called "going for the low hanging fruit."

We need to bring some life back to these boards and what better way is to have fun mocking a player.

and there is no better player to mock, than DP.

Would you prefer another "Do you think this is the year for Josh Bailey to breakout?" thread?

Both are equally inane. Just trying to have some fun here,,,

Old
01-14-2013, 04:06 PM
startainfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones45 View Post

3 is something that dp is the least likely to do, i hate him alot except criticizing him for his skill when it comes to passing is the least of your worries

Old
01-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Islander102

Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
3 is something that dp is the least likely to do, i hate him alot except criticizing him for his skill when it comes to passing is the least of your worries
Um, what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7mVyDmVnQU

Old
01-14-2013, 04:44 PM
13th Floor

Quote:
This couldn't be further from the truth.

Old
01-14-2013, 05:07 PM
beLIever

You forgot last year's bug-a-boo: Letting in the first shot-on-goal in the game.

Old
01-14-2013, 05:31 PM
CShuckWangGoAway*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post

Of course he's going to play. Why would you think otherwise?

Old
01-14-2013, 05:35 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

Quote:
Are you serious? There are multiple times where he passes the puck right to the other team's stick, and they score.

Old
01-14-2013, 05:44 PM
CShuckWangGoAway*

Old
01-14-2013, 05:58 PM
stranger34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CShuckWangGoAway View Post
Please tell me that pic is fake

Old
01-14-2013, 06:04 PM
CShuckWangGoAway*

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger34 View Post
Please tell me that pic is fake

Not that I know of. 100 % real as far as I know.

Old
01-14-2013, 06:40 PM
nyisles

Send a message via ICQ to nyisles Send a message via AIM to nyisles
Quote:
LULZ! No ****in' way Gimpy Jesus in the house, everyone.

And that image is linked directly from the NHL's own server, so it's gotta be legit. Unreal

01-14-2013, 06:58 PM
redbull
Expect more

Quote:
Dude, where's my game?

(Seriously though, I'm still pulling for this guy. Comeback story of the millennium)

You know "hope" is in top gear right before game one when every guy on the roster is looked at with optimism.

Closed Thread