HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

Lack of first draft year eligible freshmen?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-07-2011, 08:41 AM
  #1
Circulartheory
@danccchan
 
Circulartheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 4,884
vCash: 500
Lack of first draft year eligible freshmen?

Is it just me or is there a big lack of NCAA freshman that are representing their first draft years?

It seems many are born between 92'-93' rather than your expected 93'-94'

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 11:00 AM
  #2
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Oilers Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Philly in April 2014
Country: United States
Posts: 5,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danccchan View Post
Is it just me or is there a big lack of NCAA freshman that are representing their first draft years?

It seems many are born between 92'-93' rather than your expected 93'-94'
Probably because you aren't going to find many 17 year olds and certainly no 16 year olds in college. This season, there are a few 17 year olds that won't turn 18 until Oct, Nov or Dec.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 12:47 PM
  #3
Circulartheory
@danccchan
 
Circulartheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 4,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
Probably because you aren't going to find many 17 year olds and certainly no 16 year olds in college. This season, there are a few 17 year olds that won't turn 18 until Oct, Nov or Dec.
I'm trying to get into the college hockey game now so I am very new to this.

But from what I can tell, last season there was Jamie Oleksiak, Adam Clendening, Nick Shore, Matt Nieto, Patrick Koudys, Michael Mersch, Dillon Simpson, and Frankie Simonelli (based from HF article 2011 Draft: Top 10 draft eligible NCAA prospects, so I assumed there were a bunch more) all born from September 1992-Septmber 1993 (not really sure when the cut of date was so I just assumed randomly lol)

This season, I could only really figure that there were around 3-5 guys.

That is where my question came from...

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 02:12 PM
  #4
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Oilers Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Philly in April 2014
Country: United States
Posts: 5,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danccchan View Post
I'm trying to get into the college hockey game now so I am very new to this.

But from what I can tell, last season there was Jamie Oleksiak, Adam Clendening, Nick Shore, Matt Nieto, Patrick Koudys, Michael Mersch, Dillon Simpson, and Frankie Simonelli (based from HF article 2011 Draft: Top 10 draft eligible NCAA prospects, so I assumed there were a bunch more) all born from September 1992-Septmber 1993 (not really sure when the cut of date was so I just assumed randomly lol)

This season, I could only really figure that there were around 3-5 guys.

That is where my question came from...
This year's freshman class, depending on how well the more notables ones play this season, could be a better one for the 2012 draft.

Two players that comes to mind immediately are forward Phil DiGuiseppe and defenseman Jake McCabe. DiGuiseppe is off to a strong start for Michigan and I know a lot of NHL scouts are looking at him. McCabe is off to a good start with Wisconsin and I know a lot of NHL scouts are looking at him too.

If you want a more comprehensive list, ask me again later in the season and I'll whip up something for you.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 01:57 PM
  #5
john g
Registered User
 
john g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Korbi
Country: Germany
Posts: 6,580
vCash: 500
you can use the age sorting options on Eliteprospects

for example (even though there isn't a lot of statistical action yet) here's a listing of all NCAA'ers Under 19 (U19)

http://eliteprospects.com/league.php...tion=&sort=u19

some are drafted but it's a base to start with

john g is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.