HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nabokov to Colorado rumor????

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2003, 08:00 PM
usmhuskies

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to usmhuskies Send a message via Yahoo to usmhuskies
Nabokov to Colorado rumor????

I heard from a pretty good source that it will be announced tomorrow...Nabokov for Tanguay and a pick...

Old
10-26-2003, 08:04 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
mind revealing this "pretty good source"?

Otherwise thats a pretty meaningless statement.

I would be suprised as Abeischer has played good.

Old
10-26-2003, 08:06 PM
Sakic19

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
mind revealing this "pretty good source"?

Otherwise thats a pretty meaningless statement.

I would be suprised as Abeischer has played good.
I'd also like to know where they're going to do with the crowd in the crease. Abby, Sauve, Nabokov, Budaj in Hershey....

Old
10-26-2003, 08:15 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Well, I guess we will know tomorrow. I'm assuming that the deal includes something else coming to Colorado besides Nabokov...

Old
10-26-2003, 08:20 PM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
I agree. If the Avs trade for a goaltender, one is going to have to go, otherwise there will be a serious log jam. And the Avs trade a forward now, when they seem to be losing one a game? Who is going to replace Tanguay on what has been the most productive line for the team so far this season?

The problem is the Avs have suffered a number of injuries to their forwards that they can't afford to move Tanguay right now.

Old
10-26-2003, 08:22 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Just my opinion but I think Tanguay for Nabokov is a good deal for both team.

Old
10-26-2003, 08:23 PM
Zodiac

What is the source?

I smell bull****.

Old
10-26-2003, 08:39 PM
usmhuskies

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydianSlip
What is the source?

I smell bull****.

Smell whatever you want but my roomate here in college, called home and he lives next door to a scout on the sharks who was eating dinner with my rommates dad...I am really not tyring to put one over on anybody(what the heck would I get out of that), I just thought you would like to know...Beleive or don't, I could care less...Yes there would be more players involved but he didn't know at the time, but there is a pick going to the Sharks...

Old
10-26-2003, 08:49 PM
nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmhuskies
I heard from a pretty good source that it will be announced tomorrow...Nabokov for Tanguay and a pick...
Interesting...I look forward to waking up in the morning (I feel weird saying that)

Old
10-26-2003, 09:24 PM
Wingboy2999

Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
Quote:
and he lives next door to a scout on the sharks who was eating dinner with my rommates dad...
Reading that cracks me up and reminds me up spaceballs.

Old
10-26-2003, 09:32 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:
Smell whatever you want but my roomate here in college, called home and he lives next door to a scout on the sharks who was eating dinner with my rommates dad...I am really not tyring to put one over on anybody(what the heck would I get out of that), I just thought you would like to know...Beleive or don't, I could care less...Yes there would be more players involved but he didn't know at the time, but there is a pick going to the Sharks...
You do realize that if this doesn't come to fruition that you will have zero credibility on the board. Not sayin you're makin it up but such a bold claim will decide whether or not you're takin seriously on the board (if you care that is). I'm curious though as to which scout he lives next door to?

10-26-2003, 09:35 PM
Wingboy2999

Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
Would have been smarter had you made this a proposal, had the deal go down and be swamped with congrats on calling a trade. But noooooo, didn't think ahead, did you?

Old
10-26-2003, 09:36 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingboy2999
Reading that cracks me up and reminds me up spaceballs.
Haha very nice call.. I thought the same thing

Old
10-26-2003, 09:43 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
Haha very nice call.. I thought the same thing
Same here

"I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate."

"What does that make us?"

"Absolutely nothing, which is what you are about to become."

Old
10-26-2003, 10:01 PM
Iggy-4-50

Quote:
Maybe he needs hearing-aids because a friend of a friends/friend told me he's coming to Calgary

Old
10-26-2003, 11:21 PM
Broda

"If the Avs trade for a goaltender, one is going to have to go, otherwise there will be a serious log jam."-Jori_18_23
.... Log jam??? Aebisher hasn't played like a starting goalie... he has played still like a back up... I think if you play him long enough he will develop in to a starter... but probably not the starter that they need come playoff time... and why would they trade now... not only because of that reason but because come trade deadline... there are serious buyers and sellers.... meaning they could get someone for cheaper... or more... i know that too... but they dont need to make the trade now.. with the way that the avs are playing... i cringe when i say this(Canucks Fan) but ... they are not playing at there potential right now.... anyway even if they play like this all year.. they still will make the playoffs... but there goal is to win the cup.... hence the rediculously cheap one year deals with Kariya and Selanne...
I could maybe see Say Aebisher going to somewhere like the Capitals... for Kolzig... but the sharks are already in a log jam situation right now... With Kiprisoff, toskela, and then Nabokov.
That brings me back to you saying that the Avs would have a log jam... I have seen two of Suave's games this year and he is not very good.,. he isn't good enough to be a back up really... Aebisher would be more fit for it... atleast right now.. he is not the go to guy if say the avs do decide to go to the play offs with Aebisher, "Go to guy" -Suave, if aebisher doesn't play well... Nabokov... hasn't been to good the last two years... including the early portion of this year..plus he is not the Caliber of goaltender the Avs will be looking for...
Just in case... if your deal here does happen... Great job with the source..keep 'em coming... but i cant see it happening.. at least not soo soon in the season, when there are somebetter avalible goalies. out there.... but who ever said it before stating that you might lose your credibility is possibly correct... good luck though

Old
10-26-2003, 11:30 PM
usmhuskies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Ice XXX
You do realize that if this doesn't come to fruition that you will have zero credibility on the board. Not sayin you're makin it up but such a bold claim will decide whether or not you're takin seriously on the board (if you care that is). I'm curious though as to which scout he lives next door to?

I really don't care...I post on the B's board all the time and they know I don't make wild statments out of the blue...If I look bad, I look bad...Later

Old
10-27-2003, 03:56 AM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
The Avs have a log jam in terms of the number of goaltenders, not necessarily quality, but quantity. If the Avs were to trade for a goalie and are forced to send Sauve down, that hurts the development of Peter Budaj who is starting to settle in as a first year starter with the Bears. As I have said, one of the young goaltenders (most likely Sauve or Aebischer) will be moved out either in a trade for a goaltender or a separate acquisition if Lacroix chooses to make a move for a goaltender in the first place, which seems to be the popular theory.

Old
10-27-2003, 05:33 AM
RoyIsALegend*

Well, it's 10:30 AM EST... no trade yet. :mad:

Old
10-27-2003, 05:37 AM
Habsolution

Don't hold thy breath

Old
10-27-2003, 05:39 AM
Aerolanche

Tanguay is second on the team in points. The AMP line has 21 points in the last 3 games.

I'm sure he's going to get traded .

--

Where is the rolleyes emoticon?

Old
10-27-2003, 05:47 AM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Quote:
I really don't care...I post on the B's board all the time and they know I don't make wild statments out of the blue...If I look bad, I look bad...Later
That's fine n dandy...I just posted the first part as a disclaimer...what Im really interested in is the last part of my post that you failed to answer (if you can). Who is the Sharks scout that your roommate's dad lives next to?

Old
10-27-2003, 05:57 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

IMO if the Av's make a deal for a goalie it's going to be for a top dog and a proven playoff winner. Nabokov isn't that.

Old
10-27-2003, 06:25 AM
Strizzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
IMO if the Av's make a deal for a goalie it's going to be for a top dog and a proven playoff winner. Nabokov isn't that.
So who fits that description (if Nabby doesn't) AND could be had with the assets they have then? You make that list REALLY small fi you set the standards that high...

Old
10-27-2003, 06:29 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strizzi
So who fits that description (if Nabby doesn't) AND could be had with the assets they have then? You make that list REALLY small fi you set the standards that high...
Kolzig makes the most sense and he is likely available.

Closed Thread