Notices

Nashville, Edmonton, Detroit 3 Way?

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2003, 08:47 AM
Jeff from Maine

vCash: 500
Nashville, Edmonton, Detroit 3 Way?

Take this for what its worth. Many here doubt the guys I talk too. But too many of their "rumours" have come true, after the have spoken about them, to just summarily dismiss them.

But I heard today that a 3 way deal between these clubs is a disctinct possibility.

2 versions are said to be being bandied about:

Det- Comrie
Nash- Cujo
Edm- Upshall, Hudler

Det- Arkhipov
Nash- Cujo and Comrie
Edm- Upshall and Hudler

The 2nd one is said to be the more attractive to Nashville, even though they give up more in this scenario.

Later

Old
10-28-2003, 08:52 AM
Mizral

Uhhhh....

Errrrrr....

... Why?

Vokoun is clearly better than Curtis Joseph. Why would Nashville be at all interested in picking CuJo up? They are just barely hanging on as it is, they cannot afford to add in a salary like that, period.

You're getting bad information, Jeff.

Old
10-28-2003, 08:54 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Deal makes sense, especially with Nashville being the 30th team in payroll, meaning they could afford it. Their payroll is around 23 mil now, and adding these two would push it it atleast 35 mil, which would push them to about 20th overall...

Old
10-28-2003, 09:02 AM
Jeff from Maine

Good Reasons As To Why Miz

what does Nashville need, Mizral?

They need NAME RECOGNITION, and an offensive sparkplug!

Comrie provides the later, and he and Cujo provide the former.

Yes, on the surface Vokuon would appear to be the better netminder.

But Nashville needs revenue that can only come from a playoff experience and success!

Cujo is a proven playoff tender, who has shown an ability to excel when playiong behind an inferior product.

Nashville would be just that. And lets not forget, Vokoun has had one good year, and really hasnt proven a thing!

And also lets look at a couple things...Cujo was just called up and played the last game. And he has suddenly be scheduled as the starter for the next TWO contests as well??

Looks and smells like a showcase to me, and others. BTW...the Wings have done the same thing with Hudler as well!

Also, Nashville just recently did the same thing with Upshall and Arkhipov!

This may not end up happening, but I am told by reliable sources, that the teams are certainly trying to work it out!

Later

Old
10-28-2003, 09:10 AM
Drury77

Send a message via AIM to Drury77 Send a message via Yahoo to Drury77 Send a message via Skype™ to Drury77
Living in Nashville, I can say that Poile is not interested in CuJo. VoKoun has proven him self to be twice the goalie he was ever thought to be. As for Upshall, I can't see him being traded. He has the org. very excited about him making his mark on the team and the NHL.

Poile doesn't want to spend that kind of money on CuJo. I agree that CuJo playing in Nashville is to show that he can still play but I doubt it's for Nashville. And you can say that Koun hasn't proven anything, but here in Nashville that isn't the case. PPL are more concerned with our backup situation.

I'd be shocked if this happens especially if it were to involve Upshall.

Old
10-28-2003, 09:27 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff from Maine
Take this for what its worth. Many here doubt the guys I talk too. But too many of their "rumours" have come true, after the have spoken about them, to just summarily dismiss them.

But I heard today that a 3 way deal between these clubs is a disctinct possibility.

2 versions are said to be being bandied about:

Det- Comrie
Nash- Cujo
Edm- Upshall, Hudler

Det- Arkhipov
Nash- Cujo and Comrie
Edm- Upshall and Hudler

The 2nd one is said to be the more attractive to Nashville, even though they give up more in this scenario.

Later
Jeff, let me first say that I think you are sincere that you have some inside friends that told you about this deal. But I cannot see this happening. Why would Nashville trade Scottie Upshall for CuJo? In the second deal I cant see it happening because if a three way deal does happen I am sure that Detroit will want Comrie. Also in the second deal how does Edmonton give up Mike Comrie and come up with both Upshall AND Hudler??

If it happens, I will give you props...but I cant see it.

Old
10-28-2003, 09:33 AM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff from Maine
what does Nashville need, Mizral?

They need NAME RECOGNITION, and an offensive sparkplug!

Comrie provides the later, and he and Cujo provide the former.

Yes, on the surface Vokuon would appear to be the better netminder.

But Nashville needs revenue that can only come from a playoff experience and success!

Cujo is a proven playoff tender, who has shown an ability to excel when playiong behind an inferior product.

Nashville would be just that. And lets not forget, Vokoun has had one good year, and really hasnt proven a thing!

And also lets look at a couple things...Cujo was just called up and played the last game. And he has suddenly be scheduled as the starter for the next TWO contests as well??

Looks and smells like a showcase to me, and others. BTW...the Wings have done the same thing with Hudler as well!

Also, Nashville just recently did the same thing with Upshall and Arkhipov!

This may not end up happening, but I am told by reliable sources, that the teams are certainly trying to work it out!

Later
One of those games he is being showcased on is against Nashville.

However, I don't think your source understands the situation in Nashville. There is a reason they are 30th in payroll. That franchise is BARELY hanging on. They have one of the best arena deals in the league, yet they cannot seem to break even. They need a new owner, too, so you'd think that adding $8 - 10 million to a payroll would come after a new owner, not before.

Furthermore, name players or not, CuJo over Vokoun is a stupid hockey move and we all know it. Vokoun is looking to be a top-level netminder. Maybe even part of the elite group behind Brodeur, Turco and Belfour.

Unfortunatly for the Wings, CuJo isn't going anywhere anytime soon. In fact, I predicted a few months ago that CuJo will still be a Wing in 2004, and maybe even past the trade deadline. His salary is just too difficult to move, especially with an impending CBA crisis, but furthermore, his abilities are in doubt! I mean, if Sean Burke, one of the league's best goaltenders, makes $4 million and most teams wouldn't give a cent more than a 1st round pick for him, what will teams give for CuJo? Futures - if that? Would they take him for nothing? Probobly not!

Unless Dunham explodes in NYR (which it doesn't look likely), I can't see CuJo going anywhere - unless the Wings buy him out.

Old
10-28-2003, 12:07 PM
sfbruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
One of those games he is being showcased on is against Nashville.

However, I don't think your source understands the situation in Nashville. There is a reason they are 30th in payroll. That franchise is BARELY hanging on. They have one of the best arena deals in the league, yet they cannot seem to break even. They need a new owner, too, so you'd think that adding $8 - 10 million to a payroll would come after a new owner, not before.

Furthermore, name players or not, CuJo over Vokoun is a stupid hockey move and we all know it. Vokoun is looking to be a top-level netminder. Maybe even part of the elite group behind Brodeur, Turco and Belfour.

Unfortunatly for the Wings, CuJo isn't going anywhere anytime soon. In fact, I predicted a few months ago that CuJo will still be a Wing in 2004, and maybe even past the trade deadline. His salary is just too difficult to move, especially with an impending CBA crisis, but furthermore, his abilities are in doubt! I mean, if Sean Burke, one of the league's best goaltenders, makes $4 million and most teams wouldn't give a cent more than a 1st round pick for him, what will teams give for CuJo? Futures - if that? Would they take him for nothing? Probobly not!

Unless Dunham explodes in NYR (which it doesn't look likely), I can't see CuJo going anywhere - unless the Wings buy him out.
Since when is Turco 'elite'? Has he done something that I'm not aware of?

Old
10-28-2003, 12:30 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Voukoun

When I went to Nashville last spring, everyone was talking about how much they loved Voukoun. He is their name recognition.

Old
10-28-2003, 01:16 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

I guess there is a chance that there are other considerations involved. Maybe Nashville would only be picking up some percentage of Cujo's deal.

But ultimately the only way I think Nashville does this is if they believe that at some point in the near future they will be able to trade Cujo to some other team and receive more than they gave up to get him

Old
10-28-2003, 01:24 PM
misterjaggers

Are the Bruins part of this deal or is this basically a Predator's thread?

Old
10-28-2003, 02:15 PM
Mr Sakich

the players involved is a bit of a stretch, but I do not doubt that Nashville is willing to try something bold in order to sell some tickets. Last year, they promised their season ticket holders ALL of their ticket price increase would be refunded if they missed the playoffs. That smacks of a desperate team.

At some point, you may have to give up some of the stock-piled youth to get to the next step.

Old
10-28-2003, 02:23 PM
DR. Holiday

Nice for the oilers who get 2 players who both have the potential to be better than comrie. These are the worst trade ideas I have heard in a long long time.

Old
10-28-2003, 02:42 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers
Are the Bruins part of this deal or is this basically a Predator's thread?
We pick up Hartnell in the disperasal draft...from what I heard had the Preds not plucked him before Broons he would have been taken over Jonsson. What thru a wrench into draft was Milbury having a Dunkin Donuts Big One and going on an insane trading binge to get RAFFI TORRES- youch. His insane dealing saw Luongo go for a couple of semi-soft second tier Florida forwards and the Isles then bypassing Heatley and grabbing Dipietro. He was in love with Torres and made sure the Broons didn't get him either. The Broons ended with Lars and right now I'd rather have him in the pipeline than the other two- although Hartnell is a good player. However, he may be from the Dave Scatchard/Steve Konowalchuk school which isn't bad at all but not with the 6th pick. You want these guys out of the mid rounds or second at worst. MM outsmarted himself as usual.

Old
10-28-2003, 03:42 PM
hardbody77

the wings would settle for nothing in return just as long as some1 picks up his contract, hence the waivers last month

Closed Thread