HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Unsung hero in the first 10 games is...

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2003, 09:20 AM
guzmania

vCash: 500
Unsung hero in the first 10 games is...

Derek Armstrong, at least he's healthy...at most he seems to find Ziggy and Luc. He's 4-3-7pts. with a +3, 4 pim and has averaged 17:18 in playing time. He's been blanked on the scoreboard only 4 times, (Det., Pit., Bos., and Van.), he seems to be one of the keys to the Kings. His -2 against the Cannucks with no shots on goal is a really interesting focus for that game. I don't blame the -2 on him as much as Luc but he was sure shut down.

Esoterically, he seems to me to be a really hard worker who has found a way to be involved. His game doesn't have a lot of weak points. Just think where we'd be if this guy wasn't on board. He's ranked only 2 notchs behind Jozef Stumps (26) at 28th best center on CBS Sportsline rankings. To give you an idea of what that means, Pavel Dimitra is 17th, Feds is at 25, Roenick 29th, Sundin 34th, Sakic 42nd, and Rucchin 44th. These rankings are of course arguable, but there is some evidence that he may have been the most bang form the buck bargain of DT's tenure.

This makes me think we've been severely under-valuing Derek. The band is on the wagon, hop on. Zoolander and Armstrong my favorite Dereks. One's really really goodlooking the other is lookin' pretty good.

Old
11-04-2003, 10:19 AM
LuckyLUC20

I've always liked Derek Armstrong. Last year he was an unsung hero for the Kings playing with Ziggy and Fro on the top line after Ally and Deader went down. He's our blue collared worker and I'm glad he's on our team.

Old
11-04-2003, 01:43 PM
agentfouser

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmaniac
Derek Armstrong, at least he's healthy...at most he seems to find Ziggy and Luc. He's 4-3-7pts. with a +3, 4 pim and has averaged 17:18 in playing time. He's been blanked on the scoreboard only 4 times, (Det., Pit., Bos., and Van.), he seems to be one of the keys to the Kings. His -2 against the Cannucks with no shots on goal is a really interesting focus for that game. I don't blame the -2 on him as much as Luc but he was sure shut down.

Esoterically, he seems to me to be a really hard worker who has found a way to be involved. His game doesn't have a lot of weak points. Just think where we'd be if this guy wasn't on board. He's ranked only 2 notchs behind Jozef Stumps (26) at 28th best center on CBS Sportsline rankings. To give you an idea of what that means, Pavel Dimitra is 17th, Feds is at 25, Roenick 29th, Sundin 34th, Sakic 42nd, and Rucchin 44th. These rankings are of course arguable, but there is some evidence that he may have been the most bang form the buck bargain of DT's tenure.

This makes me think we've been severely under-valuing Derek. The band is on the wagon, hop on. Zoolander and Armstrong my favorite Dereks. One's really really goodlooking the other is lookin' pretty good.
great post guz, i completely agree. he shows up every night, battles hard, is a good example to his teammates, and puts up respectable points. i've heard people knock him because they claim that he only puts up points because he plays with top players, but i disagree. his production is definitely enhanced by prime icetime, but he would be valuable to us in any situation, and he has shown that he can produce consistantly.

Old
11-04-2003, 05:34 PM
jfont

Awards:
well heres hoping he keeps playing well...

stumpel didn't go with the team on this roadtrip and armstrong needs to keep scoring till help arrives...

11-04-2003, 08:08 PM
Bertuzzi44

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
well heres hoping he keeps playing well...

stumpel didn't go with the team on this roadtrip and armstrong needs to keep scoring till help arrives...
deadmarsh lol jk

Closed Thread