HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

just a rumour

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2003, 11:45 AM
onemorecup*

vCash: 500
just a rumour

my buddy was on an Edmonton business trip and heard this on a talk show. I don`t have the source so please don`t ask for it. They
said it may be done next week if Waddell will part with Coburn

Montreal receives Stefan, Stoll ,Atlanta`s first pick in 2004, and Edmonton`s 2nd in 2004 or 2005

Edmonton receives Coburn, Hainsey, Hossa

Atlanta receives Comrie, Semenov and Zednick

He mentions that Atlanta will only part with Coburn if they get a potential top 3 d man back , he also mentioned that the habs really like Stoll and Zednick may of been a one year wonder.

Interesting but I don`t think it goes down

Old
11-21-2003, 11:59 AM
Blackshad

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman
my buddy was on an Edmonton business trip and heard this on a talk show. I don`t have the source so please don`t ask for it. They

Montreal receives Stefan, Stoll ,Atlanta`s first pick in 2004, and Edmonton`s 2nd in 2004 or 2005

He mentions that Atlanta will only part with Coburn if they get a potential top 3 d man back , he also mentioned that the habs really like Stoll and Zednick may of been a one year wonder.

Value wise i think thats cool. But i wouldnt do it.

Old
11-21-2003, 12:01 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshad
Value wise i think thats cool. But i wouldnt do it.
Atlanta's giving up a former first overall pick (stefan), an eighth pick that has the potential to be a first pair defenseman (Coburn) and a pick that has the potential to be on of the top in the upcoming draft, which, as we all know, will be loaded with young talent.

Old
11-21-2003, 12:07 PM
All-Star

Quote:

I really doubt this would happen, but I really like what Montreal gets in return in this deal ...

Old
11-21-2003, 12:08 PM
prabak11

Send a message via MSN to prabak11 Send a message via Yahoo to prabak11
edmonton wins this deal
then its montreal
then its atlanta

personally i woudlnt do this deal!

Old
11-21-2003, 12:09 PM
Blackshad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
Atlanta's giving up a former first overall pick (stefan), an eighth pick that has the potential to be a first pair defenseman (Coburn) and a pick that has the potential to be on of the top in the upcoming draft, which, as we all know, will be loaded with young talent.
Comrie, Semenov and Zednick
Two 30 goals scorer and a guy that i dont know

TWO!

Old
11-21-2003, 12:10 PM
nucks2001

vCash:
Lets see

Edmonton gives: Comrie, Semenov, Stoll, 2nd round pick
Edmonton gets: Coburn, Hainsey, Hossa.

Value wise its good i suppose. I think Edmonton would like a forward who is more guaranteed to contribute now along with someone like Coburn but I could see Edmonton going for something like that.

Montreal gives: Hainsey, Hossa, Zednik,
Montreal gets: Stefan, Stoll, 1st, 2nd

I think Montreal could get more. The 1st at this point isn't all that high and the next draft is suppose to be top end loaded but thinner after that.

Atlanta gives: Stefan, 1st, Coburn
Atlanta gets: Comrie, Semenov, Zednik

Great value for Atlanta imo. But they need Coburn. They have their building blocks up front and in net but not on the blue line. Atlanta would be a playoff team with this trade though and I think thats important to ensure they have some fans if a lockout occurs.

Old
11-21-2003, 12:21 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:

Well as a Montreal fan I don't really like this deal! Stefan hasn't really done much in his carreer thus far and Stoll is still a project. Atlanta's first rounder could be a solid pick but still you never know what you get when it comes to 18 and 19 year old players. Montreal might as well hang on to Hossa and hope he's a late bloomer like Bertuzzi was! Hainsey is a former first rounder who has great offensive skill from the blue line, all he needs is some playing time which will happen once Montreal gets rid of some of the garbage. Zednik is not a one year wonder, he's a player who needs someone to get him the puck, he's a ligit scorer. With Koivu back he'll start producing again. If Montreal is going to give away 2 solid blue chip prospects and a 30 goal man they better be getting back more then what was proposed. This deal does not work for anyone except Edmonton.

Old
11-21-2003, 12:31 PM
Hab-a-maniac

To lose Zednik as well as two potential scoring kids in Hainsey and Hossa and only getting Atlanta's 1st rounder (which may not be so high up if they keep doing well), Edmonton's 2nd in 04/05, Stoll and Stefan? No way. They'd need to get more. I'd rather have Pisani over Stoll and a good young d-man rather than Stefan, then throw in another prospect. To give up two of your top rookies for less promising guys and one of your best scorers is suicidal. We wouldn't gain much from it at all unless some people who can put the puck in the net and ones that are solid on the blueline can be shipped our way. We can certainly do better than that.

Old
11-21-2003, 12:31 PM
Habsaku

Montreal loses in this deal. Stefan is just another floater, he supposedly had a very high offensive ceeling, now he's labelled a defensive center.
Hossa and him are pretty much equal value, people tend to overrate the fact he was a first overall choice, but look at his career, its far from interesting.

Stoll is a project like another guy said. I don't know if I would give a guy as talented as Hainsey for him.

so basically its 1st rounder for Zednik which I wouldn't do because Zednik can be a consistent 30 to 40 goal scorer if he puts his mind to it. He just needs his intensity and confidence back.

Pretty weird rumour IMO, but its a bit better then the ones we've been hearing lately.

Old
11-21-2003, 01:10 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:

I would do it if Edmonton change their 2nd round pick by a 1st round pick ...

Old
11-21-2003, 01:14 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Don't we already have enough 2nd line center?

This deal won't pass, but I'm guessing that what Edmonton is receiving is pretty much their asking price for Comrie.

Old
11-21-2003, 01:48 PM
kastaure

Send a message via MSN to kastaure Send a message via Yahoo to kastaure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy

This deal won't pass, but I'm guessing that what Edmonton is receiving is pretty much their asking price for Comrie.
My only problem with that Trade is that Montreal would get 2 Center... where we are already full.

However It's true that those 2 center will look like giants around our current Center rosters...

But Value wise ... it's still in the domain of the possible... you have to risk to get something .. and I think that Stefan and Stoll are nice youngster we would like to add to our team.. I would do the trade myself... but I am not GM.

Stefan is not a leader... and his playing better now that this role has been removed from his shoulder with the emergence of Heatly and Kovalchuk. Stoll is an intensity center that have enough talent to be our #2 guy or #3 guy...

And 2 First (MTL and ATL) would be great...

Old
11-21-2003, 06:57 PM
FacelessButcher

Atlanta perspective

Edmonton perspective

Everyone thinks there getting the crappy end of the deal I think we need to come to some consensus . Must be fair appears very controversial.

Old
11-21-2003, 06:57 PM
Dutchy

Quote:

I guess I was wrong there...

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=30056

Am I the only one who thinks that the asking price for Comrie is too high?

Oh yeah, and apparently Hainsey and Hossa are overrated.

Can't wait for saturday's game!!

Old
11-21-2003, 07:04 PM
Kasparov*

Quote:
I guess I was wrong there...

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=30056

Am I the only one who thinks that the asking price for Comrie is too high?

Oh yeah, and apparently Hainsey and Hossa are overrated.

Can't wait for saturday's game!!
Hainsey and Hossa are overrated, but it doesn't really mean anything, because they can still live up to their "hype" since they're still young, i wouldn't worry about it too much though, they both have a good chance to be impact players in the near future.

-Kasparov

Old
11-21-2003, 07:10 PM
FacelessButcher

link for discussion on the trade board

Old
11-21-2003, 07:16 PM
Dutchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
Great initiative.

Old
11-21-2003, 08:38 PM
tinyzombies

Terrible trade for us. Stefan is a softy.

Closed Thread