HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Poor Poor Kings. Palffy out 2 weeks with broken face!

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2003, 02:32 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

vCash: 500
Just wanted to point out the date on which the thread-starter joined and the fact that I don't think he's posted more than two or three times on the Ducks board.

In other words, this is not a representative sample of Duck fans. Carry on.

Old
11-24-2003, 02:48 AM
MOOSE55

Send a message via ICQ to MOOSE55
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggyIsTheNextRoy
His own teammate hit him with a puck while he was on the bench. That's hilarious. I guess the hockey gods do hate the Kings.
Only you or Arankys would post a thread this stupid.......

Old
11-24-2003, 10:27 AM
Marconius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded
Regardless of how you feel about the Kings, I think it's pathetic that you think a human being getting hurt is hilarious.
Time to relax guy, I'm pretty sure he meant the looong string of LA injuries was funny, not Ziggy actually breaking his face

and I don't mean funny HAHA, more like so ridicuously unlucky that you just have to start to chuckle everytime another LA injury report comes in. Just when you think theres no way it can get worse, another players goes down.
Manoman, I'm glad I'm not an LA fan right now, or for the last couple seasons actually. You go from 2nd tier contender with all your players healthy to trying to win the draft lottery...

Old
11-24-2003, 10:50 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconius
Time to relax guy, I'm pretty sure he meant the looong string of LA injuries was funny, not Ziggy actually breaking his face

and I don't mean funny HAHA, more like so ridicuously unlucky that you just have to start to chuckle everytime another LA injury report comes in. Just when you think theres no way it can get worse, another players goes down.
Manoman, I'm glad I'm not an LA fan right now, or for the last couple seasons actually. You go from 2nd tier contender with all your players healthy to trying to win the draft lottery...
Trying to win the draft lottery? The Kings finished 10th in West last year. And this season the Kings are leading the pacific division while playing the least amount of games

Old
11-24-2003, 10:51 AM
Dr Love

Don't feed the trolls.

Old
11-24-2003, 10:57 AM
Absolut

Quote:
His own teammate hit him with a puck while he was on the bench. That's hilarious. I guess the hockey gods do hate the Kings.
Hah hah hah. This is just hilarios. A guy got injured. Hah hah hah. Look mommy, I can make fun of other people's problems.

Old
11-24-2003, 11:10 AM
Leprechaun

vCash:
Quote:
From de LA Times (www.latimes.com)

"The only bad moment for the Kings came with 3:15 to play. Ian Laperriere attempted to clear the zone, but the puck flew into the King bench and hit Palffy on the cheekbone. Palffy left the game but the injury was merely a bruise."

So...what's the true

Old
11-24-2003, 11:16 AM
CNote
Get 'er done

so i'm guessing he's good to go for the next game? doesn't sound like he'll be out 2 weeks anyway.

later,
dutch

Old
11-24-2003, 11:22 AM
B-MEL

Relax...

Yes, he was hit in the face during the last 4 minutes of the Kings -Avs game on Saturday. He was on the bench and the Kings were killing off a 4 minutes high sticking call to Aaron Miller with just 4 minutes left in the game, holding a 2-0 lead. Ian Lapperriere cleard the puck from deep in the Kings end, but unfortunately it went straight into the Kings bench, striking Palffy on the right check. Yes it did swell immediately, but it appears to be just a "BAD" bruise.

Palffy was at practice and did pratice today!!!

Old
11-24-2003, 11:29 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin Man

How did he look?

Old
11-24-2003, 11:30 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock Full Of Booger
Just wanted to point out the date on which the thread-starter joined and the fact that I don't think he's posted more than two or three times on the Ducks board.

In other words, this is not a representative sample of Duck fans. Carry on.
Understood. He is your version of 4Kingsfan1

Old
11-24-2003, 11:33 AM
punchy1

And even with all that strife the Kings are atop their division. Of course, it is easier for trolls to point out others troubles when they are trying to avoid their own. The savior Fedorov has 15 points with better than 22 mins a game and is minus 8. In fact, his team has ONE player in the top 50 in scoring and NO players in the top 100 in +/-. Not a big deal as Fedorov will pick it up and have an alright season but, for a team that lives and dies like the Kings do by playing team defence first the other stat has to be a worry. So, no offence to ducks fans mind you, just pointing out to our problem child that we all know the reason that he is attacking the Kings.

Although I believe that the reason he isn't here throwing a tantrum might be because he is on a little forced vacation. The Mods on these boards won't let this kind of nonsense go on for too long.

Old
11-24-2003, 11:36 AM
CNote
Get 'er done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin Man
Relax...

Yes, he was hit in the face during the last 4 minutes of the Kings -Avs game on Saturday. He was on the bench and the Kings were killing off a 4 minutes high sticking call to Aaron Miller with just 4 minutes left in the game, holding a 2-0 lead. Ian Lapperriere cleard the puck from deep in the Kings end, but unfortunately it went straight into the Kings bench, striking Palffy on the right check. Yes it did swell immediately, but it appears to be just a "BAD" bruise.

thanks for the update.

later,
dutch

Old
11-24-2003, 11:41 AM
Marconius

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Trying to win the draft lottery? The Kings finished 10th in West last year. And this season the Kings are leading the pacific division while playing the least amount of games
Nothing against the Kings, I think its amazing they're doing as well as they are considering their rash of injuries. Just saying the string of injuries has become laughingly ridiculous, which is the spirit I think the thread starter was going for.
Methinks there are some who label others 'Trolls' as soon as they can without considering the imperfect medium that is message boards...

Old
11-24-2003, 11:53 AM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
Glad it's nothing serious...you guys haven't had the best of luck this year. Of course, neither have we.

Don't feel alone, Mathieu Schneider got hit in the cheek the other night...looks downright nasty but he's hanging in there.

Closed Thread