HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Can we please put an end to the "trade Iginla" threads??

Closed Thread

Old
12-19-2003, 11:16 AM
looooob

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
I believe two-way offers can only be given to players who have limited NHL experience, I believe Anaheim couldn't offer Kariya a two-way deal.
?
if a player misses a certain number of games (often due to injury ) over the previous season(s) they can be offered 2 ways, that's why Warrener, and Lindros were floated those offers. Iginla and Kariya wouldn't qualify

Old
12-19-2003, 11:20 AM
Liquidrage*

ESPN News is reporting the Flyers are working on a deal with Calgary for Iginla and are trying to get it done by midnight before the trade embargo.

Take that for what its worth.

Old
12-19-2003, 11:50 AM
Sled2300

To CGY:
Handzus, Williams and Seindenberg

To PHI:
Iginla, Gauthier and Clark

I'd happy with that. PHI fans may not be.

Old
12-19-2003, 12:01 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sled2300
To CGY:

To PHI:

At $7.5 mil per season, Iggy's value is likely pretty low right now. One of Handzus or Williams plus a 2nd round pick would likely be the tops for him. There are very few teams that could afford Iginla, and even less that would actually be interested in trading for him.

Old
12-19-2003, 12:04 PM
Liquidrage*

Quote:
To CGY:

To PHI:

I'd rather see,

To CGY:
Gagne and Seidenberg

To PHI:
Iginla

Old
12-19-2003, 12:12 PM
Sled2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
At $7.5 mil per season, Iggy's value is likely pretty low right now. One of Handzus or Williams plus a 2nd round pick would likely be the tops for him. There are very few teams that could afford Iginla, and even less that would actually be interested in trading for him.
That's your assement of what Iginla's worth is, fair enough. There is no way Sutter trades Iginla for a downgrade in personel and a draft pick.

The deal doesn't make sense for Calgary unless there is a significant return in assets. Iginla maybe cold (starting to heat up) early in the 2003-2004 season but it is always down the stretch that he starts to make his magic. I just don't see Iginla being traded for a draft pick as the major return. That's what Comrie brought and I would say that Iginla's trade value is much higher then Comrie's.

Old
12-19-2003, 12:13 PM
Sled2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidrage
I'd rather see,

To CGY:
Gagne and Seidenberg

To PHI:
Iginla
That's workable as well.

Old
12-19-2003, 02:43 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
That's your assement of what Iginla's worth is, fair enough. There is no way Sutter trades Iginla for a downgrade in personel and a draft pick.

The deal doesn't make sense for Calgary unless there is a significant return in assets. Iginla maybe cold (starting to heat up) early in the 2003-2004 season but it is always down the stretch that he starts to make his magic. I just don't see Iginla being traded for a draft pick as the major return. That's what Comrie brought and I would say that Iginla's trade value is much higher then Comrie's.
Iginla makes $7.5 mil per season, can the Flames really afford to have a player making that much heading into a new CBA? Who knows, I hope that they can, but if they can't, Iggy will be traded, and not for fair value. Not too many teams can afford to add a player making that much money, that will drop the interest quite a bit. To think that a 60-70 point forward making $7.5 mil will get fair value is a bit far fetched. If Iginla is dealt, I'm guessing that the Flames will have to take a loss in player personnel right now. Not many teams, if any, will be willing to give fair market value for a player who is making $7.5 mil...

Old
12-19-2003, 03:04 PM
vega007

That's exactly why we'll keep him.

Old
12-19-2003, 08:46 PM
DaMick
at least we got D

Send a message via MSN to DaMick
Quote:
Originally Posted by vega007
I
Iginla is the face of the Calgary Flames organization. . He is one of the most marketable guys in the league, sorry Flyer and Devil fans, but a few draft picks isn't going to get him. He is one of a handful of black players in the NHL so that makes him very appealing to teams like Philly and NJ but it's just not going to happen. Iginla alone accounts for 75% of the corporate boxes getting sold. The guy is the king of Calgary and without him it's impossible to sell the team. We as fans have been lied to, screwed over, and consistently disappointed over the past 7 years. We deserve better and he's not going anywhere. If Iginla is ever traded I will personally go on hunger strike at David Bronconniers re-election HQs in Calgary.
I agree with ya in regards to Iggy...but you started this fire with that hunger strike line...
But..dont throw away your slimfast bars yet...

Old
12-20-2003, 04:30 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega007
That's exactly why we'll keep him.
If they can afford him, yes. I'm just saying don't expect the moon if Iginla is traded, Calgary won't get fair value, no team ever does in that situation(assuming the only way Iggy is dealt is that Calgary feels they can't afford to re-sign him at $7.5 mil).

Closed Thread