HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

RUMOUR: Jeff Tambellini a Rocket??

Closed Thread

Old
01-01-2004, 07:59 PM
macleafs

vCash: 500
Jeff Tambellini a Rocket??

I here after the world juniors, Tambellini will leave college hockey to play for the Kelowna Rockets.

Old
01-01-2004, 10:06 PM
BCCHL inactive

Since this is your first post, I will explain how we work here at HF.

If you have heard any such rumours/mews, it is a good idea to post a link from where you heard this rumour/news. Otherwise, there is absolutely no credibility to be had.

And link or not, if it is just a rumour, please post the word "Rumour" in the thread title (I will do this for you this time, but next time, it is up to you.)

As for my response to your post, I will say what I would expect most others to...

Where did you hear this, and how can you back up this rumour's legitimacy?

Old
01-01-2004, 10:14 PM
macleafs

Wait and see!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van
Since this is your first post, I will explain how we work here at HF.

If you have heard any such rumours/mews, it is a good idea to post a link from where you heard this rumour/news. Otherwise, there is absolutely no credibility to be had.

And link or not, if it is just a rumour, please post the word "Rumour" in the thread title (I will do this for you this time, but next time, it is up to you.)

As for my response to your post, I will say what I would expect most others to...

Where did you hear this, and how can you back up this rumour's legitimacy?
I can not prove this to you with a quote or a story, but the same person in the Rockets mangement let me know about Keith last year.

Old
01-01-2004, 10:21 PM
Jacob

That's funny, because during an interview in Finland Tambellini was pretty clear that he wanted to stay in college and get his degree.

Old
01-01-2004, 10:23 PM
BCCHL inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleafs
I can not prove this to you with a quote or a story, but the same person in the Rockets mangement let me know about Keith last year.
With all due respect, you are not going to gain much credibility here by making your first post a claim of inside information without giving us some kind of backup.

Old
01-02-2004, 12:38 AM
Avery4Byng*

i highly doubt he will show up in kelowna...... he is not on their college list, i know Ryznar is the only one on their list... not sure who has tambellini... cold be kootenay.

Old
01-02-2004, 12:45 AM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
tambellini and paddock.. *drools*

Old
01-02-2004, 10:45 AM
VO #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tray
not sure who has tambellini... cold be kootenay.
Spokane last I heard.

Old
01-03-2004, 09:08 PM
macleafs

Tambellini update.

Tambellini's agent was in Kelowna tonight. They are working on a deal with Spokane to come to Kelowna. Spokane has his rights. The only way he will play in the Whl is if Kelowna picks up his rights. He wants to play for a coach like Marc and on a team like Kelowna who is in the Mem-cup to show case his talents. Kelowna is the only team he will leave college to play for right now.

Old
01-03-2004, 09:29 PM
BCCHL inactive

CROCK...relax. This could be a legitimate rumour...we don't know.

macleafs....give us something. You can't just come here and claim this inside information without giving some kind of reasonable backup.

Old
01-03-2004, 09:37 PM
macleafs

We will see!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whlfanatic
Oh my god give me a break. What is it with you Rocket fans you think everyone is coming to Kelowna. He's doing quite fine where he is and contrary to what you believe its not a real rumor and one that some Rocket fan randomly made up.

This is just getting pathetic.
What makes you so sure that it is not true. Like Kelowna or not they are going to be in the spotlight the rest of the year. Not only because they are hosting the Mem-cup, but with the number of draft year players every team in the NHL will be watching them little more closely. It is one of the best places for an unsigned prospect to play right now.

Old
01-03-2004, 09:45 PM
BCCHL inactive

Quote:
What makes you so sure that it is not true.
Because you are not giving us anything but unfounded claims of inside information.

HF has rules against coming onto these boards and claiming that you have talked to management, and other means of claiming news and/or rumours that have not been officially released by a team and/or league.

Old
01-03-2004, 11:28 PM
BCCHL inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by whlfanatic
Sorry Van, its just tiring of hearing the neener neener ra ra ******** from the people of Kelowna. Never accused them of being too bright but geez youd think theyd have some common sense.
Also keep in mind that some Kelowna fans hold the same opinions of some Kamloops fans, and some Prince George people are in on it as well. It is all part of the rivalry between the three teams.

As the moderator of this board, I will take care of the inside information issue because that is not welcome here. But with all due respect, as a user of this board, it is not up to you to verbally harass people just because they cheer for Kelowna and have some hopes that Jeff Tambellini might be playing there for the rest of this season.

If macleafs had have simply stated that he heard about this through the grapevine, it would have been a perfectly legitimate discussion.

Old
01-03-2004, 11:34 PM
BCCHL inactive

Quote:
It is one of the best places for an unsigned prospect to play right now.
I would add "un-drafted" to this sentence. If Tambellini does jump to the WHL, I immediately think of the "Van Ryn loophole" in the NHL-NHLPA CBA, where Tambellini would play this and next season in the WHL without signing with Los Angeles, and become an unrestricted free agent after his 20 year-old season.

However, I am hesitant to buy into this because of the CBA's expiration this September. The "Van Ryn loophole" isn't likely to exist when Tambellini would be able to take advantage of it.

Old
01-04-2004, 12:45 AM
Lard_Lad

On top of that, there's the fact that, as far as we know, his rights still belong to Spokane, at least as of September, the date of the last protected list I saw. There's no reason for them to have removed him from the list, since guys that opted to go to college don't count against the 50-player limit.

On the off-chance that he did come, he wouldn't be the first Tambellini to play WHL hockey in Kelowna - his uncle (I think - can't remember if he was Steve's brother or cousin) Dean spent half a season with the old Wings 20 years ago.

Old
01-04-2004, 02:45 AM
BCCHL inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard_Lad
On top of that, there's the fact that, as far as we know, his rights still belong to Spokane, at least as of September, the date of the last protected list I saw.
Incase you missed it, our supposed insider friend macleafs is claiming that Kelowna and Spokane are trying to swing a deal.

Funny he didn't mentioned that until after tray revealed that Jeff Tambellini isn't on Kelowna's college list.

Old
01-04-2004, 06:34 AM
macleafs

I never said he was on Kelowna's list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van
Incase you missed it, our supposed insider friend macleafs is claiming that Kelowna and Spokane are trying to swing a deal.

Funny he didn't mentioned that until after tray revealed that Jeff Tambellini isn't on Kelowna's college list.
All I said in my first post was that he may be coming to Kelowna.

Old
01-04-2004, 10:50 AM
Upchuck19

I haven't heard of anything about Tambellini coming, but would be great. The Rocket managment has been very quiet lately and have heard of one potential 3 way deal, but I hope it doesn't happen. Don't like the forward coming to Kelowna in that deal.

It's hard to say what would happen with the "Van Ryn loop whole" because if Tambellini comes out of college, he was drafted under current CBA so what all that means is, who knows?

Old
01-04-2004, 11:25 AM
macleafs

Who is the forward that you heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upchuck19
I haven't heard of anything about Tambellini coming, but would be great. The Rocket managment has been very quiet lately and have heard of one potential 3 way deal, but I hope it doesn't happen. Don't like the forward coming to Kelowna in that deal.

It's hard to say what would happen with the "Van Ryn loop whole" because if Tambellini comes out of college, he was drafted under current CBA so what all that means is, who knows?
I have read in the paper maybe Ryan Keller.

Last edited by macleafs: 01-04-2004 at 12:24 PM.
Old
01-04-2004, 12:01 PM
Saprykin Fan

ok

k, from my brother being drafted by the kings, and currently playing for colorado college, this is what the kings have told him, unless you win the hobey baker you are not leaving college early!!!!!!! The kings like to develop their prospects in the NCAA instead of letting them develop in the ahl like some teams, and from me being protected by kelowna there is 0% truth to that rumour of tambellini going to kelowna, and from the kings scouting staff, they havent heard a single thing about him leaving either, he wants to stay in college and currently has one of the bext coaches in the world in Red Berenson. Just from what the kings have told me there is nothing going to happen at all.

Old
01-04-2004, 12:23 PM
macleafs

You make no money in college!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saprykin Fan
k, from my brother being drafted by the kings, and currently playing for colorado college, this is what the kings have told him, unless you win the hobey baker you are not leaving college early!!!!!!! The kings like to develop their prospects in the NCAA instead of letting them develop in the ahl like some teams, and from me being protected by kelowna there is 0% truth to that rumour of tambellini going to kelowna, and from the kings scouting staff, they havent heard a single thing about him leaving either, he wants to stay in college and currently has one of the bext coaches in the world in Red Berenson. Just from what the kings have told me there is nothing going to happen at all.
Did the Oilers know about Comrie? Chicago about Keith? Why is it call the Van Ryn loop whole?
I guess because the Kings like to develop players in the Ncaa, that is why Cammalleri has still been in school the last few years.

Last edited by macleafs: 01-04-2004 at 12:26 PM.
Old
01-04-2004, 12:35 PM
Avery4Byng*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saprykin Fan

It will have nothing to do with the Kings or with the stupid College. Its all about Jeff and his agent.

Old
01-04-2004, 03:14 PM
BCCHL inactive

Quote:
All I said in my first post was that he may be coming to Kelowna.
We are past your first post. You have claimed that you have talked to Rockets' management, and that Tambellini's agent is in Kelowna helping the team work a deal with Spokane to get his rights.

...All this with nothing but unfounded claims of inside information....something that is against HF Rules.

Old
01-07-2004, 08:45 AM
Belamorte
Feed Your Head

Well there was a piece on this rumour today in the Daily Courier... Neither Hamilton nor the Spokane GM would comment...

However,hedidsay that he is not interested in Johner from Seattle and doubts anything will happen...

"Nothing's happening right now. In fact, not one team phoned me (Tuesday). I made a couple of phone calls Monday to see if anybody was interested in talking. But unless something comes out of nowhere, I can't seem much going on."

Old
01-08-2004, 03:29 PM
macleafs

Wow!!

I didn't really believe it, I had a feeling it was going to happen, hopefully he leaves college this year now.

Closed Thread