HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

guys here a list of right handed shooting centers in the nhl...

Closed Thread

Old
01-01-2004, 10:58 PM
Artyukhin*

vCash: 500
guys here a list of right handed shooting centers in the nhl...

O.K..here a list of all the right hand center listed on all the teams rosters..might be a few more but this has to be 99.9 %..as you can see there are not a great abundance of right shooting centers in the nhl..
so take your best guess at who CAPTIN BOB is goin after...i say probally BARNES,or the islanders make since cause they got 5 centers that shoot right...anyways a few nice lookin names here to ponder over...i also think CAPTIAN BOB goin for size too, so elimate the smurfs on the lists here.(MONTREAL SMURFADIANS) LETS GET BIGGER BOB PLZ.lol...plus there are some 3rd and 4 line plumbers too so elimanate them too...either the islanders or dallas imho only

DALLAS..
1...Jason Arnott......6'4..225
2..Stuuu Barnes......5'11..180

WASHINTON CAPS

1.Robert Lang..........6'2 ...216
2.Jeff Halpern .....6'0 ...201

VAN CANUCKS
1..TREVOR LINDEN(been there done that)

ST LOUIS
1..MIKE DANTON....5'9 ...190

BOSTON BRUINS
1..TRAVIS GREEN

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS
1..matts sundin..(not a chance) 6'5 ..231 lbs

OTTAWA
1..Bryan Smolinski 6'1....208 lbs
2. Jason Spezza 6'2....206.lbs

BUFFALO SabreS
1..Daniel Briere 5'10. 178 ..lbs
2. Adam Mair 6'2 . 215..lbs
3. Chris Drury 5'10..180..lbs

NEW YORK RANGERS
1.Bobby Holik ...6'4..230
2.Eric Lindros ...6'4 .240

PHX COYOTES
1.Mike Sillinger 5'11..196..LBS
2.Jan Hrdina 6'0...206 LBS

FLA PANTHERS
1..Nathan Horton 6'2...201..LBS
2.Viktor Kozlov 6'5... 225.lbs

NY ISLANDERS
1.ALEXI YASHIN...6'3..220
2.Oleg Kvasha ..6'5..230..lbs
3.Shawn Bates 6'0. .205.lbs
4.Michael Peca 5'11..190.lbs(pull groin tonight )
5 Dave Scatchard 6'2...225..lbs

CAROLINA HURRICANES
1.Kevyn Adams ..6'1 ..195

MIN WILD
1. Sergei Zholtok 6'2 ..197..lbs
2. Wes Walz 5'10...180 lbs

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS
1.Trevor Letowski 5'10 ..176..lbs

CHIC BLACK HAWKS
1. Scott Nichol 5'8 ..173..lbs

LA.KINGS
1..Jozef Stumpel 6'3..225..lbs

CALGARY FLAMES
1.Craig Conroy ..6'2 ..197.LBS

PITTSBURG PENS
1.Milan Kraft . .6'4....212.LBS
2.Brian HolzingeR 5'11..186
3.Mike Eastwood 6'3...218

EDMONTON OILERS
1.JARRET STOLL...6'1...200.Lbs
2.ADAM OATES ...5'11..190..LBS

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 01-01-2004 at 11:05 PM.
Old
01-01-2004, 11:28 PM
Traitor8

I still don't get why don't we stick with Left shooters, why do we need to get a right shooter???

Old
01-02-2004, 12:46 AM
Brisebois

Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
You mean there are like no switch hitters?

Old
01-02-2004, 12:51 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
I still don't get why don't we stick with Left shooters, why do we need to get a right shooter???
It's easy to defend a team that has only left handed shooters, cause the passes are almost always to there strong side. If we had a right hander, they couldn't just expected it to go that way, even though they know which way it would be going probably, still messes it up. I can be wrong, but that makes sense to me at 6 am

Old
01-02-2004, 02:21 AM
Top Corner2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
It's easy to defend a team that has only left handed shooters, cause the passes are almost always to there strong side. If we had a right hander, they couldn't just expected it to go that way, even though they know which way it would be going probably, still messes it up. I can be wrong, but that makes sense to me at 6 am

It also means your LW get more passes....

Old
01-02-2004, 02:25 AM
Top Corner2

I also imagine that we will be going after a good 3rd line center. a shut down guy.
That's what we will need. Also this makes the Peca and Stoll rumours understandable. I also like Conroy. He was a good shut down guy before he started to score...and now that he's not scoring again...

Old
01-02-2004, 02:36 AM
Artyukhin*

WOW ...THE ISLANDERS ARE DROPPIN LIKE FLYS...
peca out indefinality with groin injury as of last night jan 1 /04
bad way to startt the new yrs mike...then parrish goes out with ankle injury not sure on his status...yashin out 10 weeks...so i not sure how this effects the so called talks with the isles....and the more you think about it were tied in the standings with them so do yu think we will deal with them?i don't think so....so it brings me to either one of 2 teams either dallas who have played better hockey as of late and are tied for the 8th and final playoff spot now....i doubt we will see arnott in montreal..but stu barnes?maybe ,playin on dallas 3 rd line where could he fit in with the habs?what line?
and lastly the only other player i see would be victor kozlov in flordia...he big 6'5 230 and he's only 28...anyway these in my opinion would be the only rw center worth goin after.dave scatchard from the islanders would be good to but once again they just lost 2 of there top centers(peca /yashin)...

arnott..3.6 million
kozlov..2.1 million
barnes..2.8 million
peca....4.2 million

Old
01-02-2004, 02:53 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
1)
To Buffalo : Kilger + Pick
To Montreal : Adam Mair
--------
2)
To Pitsburgh : Late pick
To Montral : Milan Kraft
--------

1) Mair could be usefull , he had 150 PIM last season .. i think he can play on the PK .

2) Kraft is the odd man out in Pitsburgh .. not sure if we need him .

Old
01-02-2004, 04:43 AM
Portishead

I would..

I'd like Viktor Kozlov or Dave Scatchard.
I've always liked the tall Russian, but Dave Scatchard could fill a more important role I guess.
But the problem is, they'd cost something. Maybe more than we can afford right now.

I'd like Jarret Stoll too, but I don't think they'll let him go.

This doesn't really belong in this thread, but I've seen some parts of the Bulldogs game at The Score against the Roadrunners, the game they lost 3-1, and I was so impressed with Alex Svitov. I'd be willing to give alot for him.

Old
01-02-2004, 05:12 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portishead
I'd like Viktor Kozlov or Dave Scatchard.
I've always liked the tall Russian, but Dave Scatchard could fill a more important role I guess.
But the problem is, they'd cost something. Maybe more than we can afford right now.

I'd like Jarret Stoll too, but I don't think they'll let him go.

This doesn't really belong in this thread, but I've seen some parts of the Bulldogs game at The Score against the Roadrunners, the game they lost 3-1, and I was so impressed with Alex Svitov. I'd be willing to give alot for him.
============================

Alex Svitov is a centermen but he shoots left...bob already stated he looking for a right hand shooting center....what would kozlov cost us any opinions?i posted on the fla board asking them there opinion on it...i think you will see fla and clombus and pit dog it for the oveckin sweep stakes...so again what is kozlov worth?
would we have to give up more for him than we would for peca or barnes?

Old
01-02-2004, 06:15 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
The only players I would consider on your list are Stoll and Scatchard. All the others are either not what we're looking for (ie: an other smalish center) or unrealistic expectations, if expecations they were (ie: Horton or Spezza). Those two (Stoll and Scatchard) would be the perfect fit on that 3rd line, Stoll maybe even more so as he's younger and might end up costing less than Scatchard who's a coveted checking center. Peca might be good as well, but he's too expensive for what he brings IMO. A checking line center at 4.25M per who's not even looking like a pale shadow of his former self anymore isn't that attractive and kind of shows the tendency some fans have to think the grass always looks greener in the neighbor's yard (ie: Koivu for Peca proposals). But whether we want Scatchard or Peca is IMO irrelevant here as the NYI will NEVER trade with Montreal given the battle for that 8th playoff spot we're in. That leaves Stoll, who I'm sure Lowe is not willing to give away for a song given the potential intangibles this guy could bring a couple of years down the road.

All that being said, I'd like to put a bit of a brake on that "Gainey's after a R-center" wagon. Gainey speaks well in french, but he's not completely bilingual and might have used words that gave the wrong impression to some. I myself had the feeling while listining to him he was giving this as AN EXAMPLE. Something along the lines of "well we now have a better idea of all the elements in place and we can now start looking for more specific things we might want to address. For example we don't have any right-handed center, so we could be looking for something filling such need" (read here: if we wanted to).

The reason I'm saying this is Gainey is certainly not a man known for discussing trade rumors or intentions and if he really was actively searching for a right-handed centerman, I don't think we would be hearing about it. Everything coming from this man's mouth is calculated and I don't see why he would flat out come out and say "here's what we're looking for".

Old
01-02-2004, 06:33 AM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
============================

Alex Svitov is a centermen but he shoots left...bob already stated he looking for a right hand shooting center....what would kozlov cost us any opinions?i posted on the fla board asking them there opinion on it...i think you will see fla and clombus and pit dog it for the oveckin sweep stakes...so again what is kozlov worth?
would we have to give up more for him than we would for peca or barnes?
Isn't Kozlov a RW now?

Old
01-02-2004, 06:50 AM
goalchenyuk

great job doug mckenzie ; thanks a lot !

What about Jason Arnott ? i think that he's a little bit durty; wouldn't be a bad add for our soft team .

Old
01-02-2004, 07:17 AM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
The only players I would consider on your list are Stoll and Scatchard. All the others are either not what we're looking for (ie: an other smalish center) or unrealistic expectations, if expecations they were (ie: Horton or Spezza). Those two (Stoll and Scatchard) would be the perfect fit on that 3rd line, Stoll maybe even more so as he's younger and might end up costing less than Scatchard who's a coveted checking center.

.... Gainey is certainly not a man known for discussing trade rumors or intentions and if he really was actively searching for a right-handed centerman, I don't think we would be hearing about it. Everything coming from this man's mouth is calculated and I don't see why he would flat out come out and say "here's what we're looking for".
My preference would be Stoll but I agree that Gainey may have been misinterpreted.

A little speculation once in a while isn't a bad thing though

Old
01-02-2004, 07:31 AM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
I'd take Jeff Halpern in a blink of an eye. The Capitals want to move him too, as he isn't happy at Washington. Halpern is great at faceoffs too, so we can let Perreault go without losing too much at faceoff department. He is also a great penalty killer and has speed too.

Old
01-02-2004, 07:55 AM
Blackshad

Let's go get Drury.
Heart.Grit. and he can score

Old
01-02-2004, 08:32 AM
#44_delivers

man id love to get jozef stumpel he'd fit well, and kozlov i wonder what it would take ???

Old
01-02-2004, 09:34 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
man id love to get jozef stumpel he'd fit well, and kozlov i wonder what it would take ???
he 's also an injurie prone player, We have already Koivu who 's like that , so i am not hight to have 2 centers that are ''playing'' in the infirmary...

Old
01-02-2004, 09:49 AM
Zaitsev

Send a message via MSN to Zaitsev
I think a big center like Kvasha would be a nice fit in montreal lineup

Old
01-02-2004, 11:47 AM
Rahan

I wouldn't want any of those except Sundin and Lang. Don't need those low scoring centermans.

Old
01-02-2004, 12:36 PM
Owen Wilson

Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshad
Let's go get Drury.
Heart.Grit. and he can score
Yep, this is the guy that I want as well

Easier said than done though.

Old
01-02-2004, 01:07 PM
plafleur10

Parrish

I know Parrish is more of a RW than C, but since his name has come up a few times, I thought I would mention that RDS now reports that he will be out 8 weeks with a serious ankle sprain, do not know if this additional injury for Isles (Yashin also out long term; Peca sore groin) helps or blocks reported possible trade talks with Habs...

Old
01-02-2004, 01:16 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2
It also means your LW get more passes....
I think it's the opposite, the left-handed shooter can pass more easily to the RW because it's on his forehand.

Old
01-03-2004, 10:44 PM
Koivu2001

vCash: 350
isnt Shane Doan a center??
I would love to see him in a habs jersey hes exactly the kind of player that montreal needs.

Old
01-03-2004, 11:54 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koivu2001
isnt Shane Doan a center??
I would love to see him in a habs jersey hes exactly the kind of player that montreal needs.
Nope, a winger.

Closed Thread