Please observe the following requirements while using the Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk board:
- Trade proposals must have the word Proposal in the title of the thread.
- Rumors must have the word Rumor in the title of the thread and a link to a credible source needs to be provided.
- Radio rumors will have to be confirmed by at least 1 other poster, this will serve as the source to separate a legitimate rumor from a rumor someone made up by himself.
- Links to other bulletin boards will not be accepted as a legitimate source.
Threads that do not comply are subject to being edited, closed, or deleted at the discretion of the moderators. The same treatment will be reserved for ridiculous trade proposals.
Consider these requirements as additional rules restricted to the Trade rumors and Free Agent Talk board. Posters failing to respect them on multiple occasions will have to face the same consequence as a poster who breaks the general guidelines.
Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-02-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.
This is NOT the board to ask general questions about the league, especially if you just want to have your thread seen by a busier message board. "How good is Team X", "how good is Player A" are not threads that belong in this forum, that is for the General Discussion. Other examples are talking about the next Winter Classic, or All-Star balloting, which has also made it into this forum.
The same goes for the General Talk forum, where people post trade rumors, and almost any trade with at least a decent player is involved. Trades/Signings don't go there, they go here.
Just please be mindful, because your thread is going to be moved or locked if it's not in the appropriate forum.
Just wanted to remind everyone what constitutes as "flaming" as a lot seem to be partaking in breaking that rule:
1) Flaming: Do not post any messages that harass, insult (name calling), belittle, threaten or mock other members. Debates are fine, but critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks are not permitted. Do not use sweeping generalizations and plural pronouns to cloak personal attacks. For example if a poster(s) states that he thinks 'x' is a good idea, replying that "Anyone who supports 'x' is an idiot" is a personal attack. Do not start threads to call out and embarrass other members; or make posts about ignore lists. Quotes by other members are not to be edited. You may reply to a partial quote, but do not change the quoted content in any way. No one likes to be misrepresented or have words put in their mouth.
In short, no more posts calling other's intelligence into question, regardless of your opinion on said poster/post. Been happening a LOT lately. Things such as "that is flat out STUPID" or any blatant name calling will be deleted and probably warned/infracted. Also, no "close this thread!" or "just ban this user already!" posts. If you're not a mod, keep quiet, and leave the thread if you have nothing to contribute.
Also, outlandish proposals; if you think your proposal is going to cause flame wars and insults, don't post it. Simple as that.
One more issue.
If you do not agree with a proposal, please try to explain your reasoning. "Hell no" or "GM A laughs and hangs up on GM B" is spam, and will probably be deleted. It just wastes space and adds absolutely nothing to debate.
EDIT: That also includes posts such as "This" or "+1".
EDIT 2: Single smilies are also lumped into this category.
Clarification - it's not spam if it's accompanied by commentary - ie, a smilie at the end of a legitimate post isn't spam, and neither is starting a legitimate objection to a proposal with "Hell no." On their own without content they're spam. As part of an overall post they aren't.
Also forgot to mention that questioning another poster's fandom is not generally acceptable and will be edited out of your post, and will be infracted upon multiple acts of doing so.
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
Last edited by JeffMangum: 11-01-2011 at 09:36 PM.
If you don't like Eklund -- DON'T CLICK ON THE THREAD. All of the moderators are getting tired of every other response being "LOL Eklund" or "Welp, that means he's not going to ". We get it. There's a reason we have prefixes to denote each thread. He's an accepted source here. If you disagree, PM an administrator or team leader. Don't post it in any Eklund thread you can locate.
If people are trolling/flaming, DON'T RESPOND!!!!! Just report it and let the mods handle things.
Also, act like the adults you are instead of a bunch of kindergartners. Respect each others opinions, make good points, disagree with people. Please though, resist the urge to be internet tough guys. It just makes things worse for everyone.
Luongo threads need to end. If any news or rumors from credible sources regarding Luongo's status in Vancouver emerge we will open a megathread for Luongo talk. Until then, no more Luongo threads. They never lead to anything even resembling productive conversation.